GUILTY WI - Brittany Zimmermann, 21, Madison, 2 April 2008 *arrest in 2020*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It truly is shocking! They leave their doors unlocked and are not instantly terrified when a strange man is found inside their apartments!! WTH?!

Were they not told about Kelly Nolan last summer?! If not, why not?!

It truly is shocking! They leave their doors unlocked and are not instantly terrified when a strange man is found inside their apartments!! WTH?!

There is some info on the University website. Last year I remember their being a warning posted on this website to warn students of a man, bald man with a moustashe if I remember correctly. I cannot see that warning now, does anyone remember it?
http://www.news.wisc.edu/brittany-zimmermann/index.html

I would have remembered if someone had brought that up here before (I think). I wonder if they have an archive we could check out?

On the link I provided, there is a questions and feedback section where one could ask a question. I was following the Kelly Nolan thread here and went to the University website and there was a picture of a man, like I described. I will look into my info to see if I saved anything but the University itself or the University police or Crimestoppers would probably still have that info.

Thanks, Patience! :) I would like to find out more about this bald man with a mustache!

Thanks, Patience! :) I would like to find out more about this bald man with a mustache!

Now I won't be able to sleep tonight until I find this info SS!

He is a little snippet I found, will keep looking as I don't know if this is the warning I saw posted. The pic was clear.

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:Dp5R6CGfyjwJ:www.dailycardinal.com/search%3Fpage%3D2%26search_type%3Darticle%26query%3Dallegedly+warning+man+university+of+wisconsin&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=ca

UW Law School officials send e-mail to students warning of a ‘banned man’
By - October 18, 2007
UW Law School officials sent an e-mail Tuesday alerting students of recent contact with a man banned from school premises

Patience~ The link you gave us doesn't work. :( Actually neither of them worked for me.

Is this part of the same area? Do they have a problem with crime? Is there a gang problem there? :confused:

Could this be what happened to the woman earlier in the summer?

Notice the perps weapon of choice.

JMHO
fran

http://www.dailycardinal.com/article/735

19-year-old UW student attacked downtown

By: Quinn Craugh /The Daily Cardinal - October 16, 2007

The attack took place in the alley behind La Ciel and The Embassy apartment buildings.

A UW-Madison student was battered and the victim of an attempted robbery downtown Friday night, according to Madison police.

Joel DeSpain, public information officer for Madison police, said the 19-year-old UW student told police he feared for his life after two teens—ages 14 and 16—allegedly attempted to rob him of his wallet around 11:00 p.m. Friday night. DeSpain said one of the suspects pulled a knife on the student as he was walking down Conklin Place,

...................snip...................

Less than four hours after that incident, police responded to a strong armed robbery at the State Street/Dayton Street parking ramp on N. Carroll Street. A 29-year-old woman reported she was pushed down from behind. The woman, who was walking with friends, told police a man then grabbed her purse and ran, but her friends could not get a good look at the man as he sprinted away.

Police have no suspects in that case, and DeSpain said he does not believe the two incidents are linked.

“There may be more than one group of bad actors out there,” DeSpain said, adding one case involved a group of people and in the other, the man reportedly acted alone.

Is this part of the same area? Do they have a problem with crime? Is there a gang problem there? :confused:

Could this be what happened to the woman earlier in the summer?
Hi Fran,
These all occured in relatively the same area (UW Campus/Downtown). There's not a gang problem in that area, but there was a sharp increase in violent pedestrian robberies last year. There were also two kidnapping/rapes that occurred in the area at around the same time the robberies started happening, but that guy was convicted this past week. I don't think anyone feels the attacks you mentioned are connected to Kelly Nolan or Brittany Zimmerman.

Sure is shocking SS. Just closing a door & leaving it unlocked, shouldn't give people a false sense of security! How soon people forget about murders...........but how can they forgeet a murderer is still on the streets?

I think for a lot of students this year...they were not told. The parents didn't follow the news in the place where they placed their child in the fall and the UW didn't want to make it a huge deal where parents would worry...kind of a money thing.

Marisa,
Thank you for the input on Brittany all pictures I've seen she is smiling & so full of life. She looks like she'd be a very nice caring person. Your input proves that to be totally true.

Money seems to of been behind it SS.
Covered it up as quickly as they could.
To bad LE never caught the killer!

I think for a lot of students this year...they were not told. The parents didn't follow the news in the place where they placed their child in the fall and the UW didn't want to make it a huge deal where parents would worry...kind of a money thing.
I have to disagree with this. News of Kelly Nolan's murder was well publicized around the state (remember, she was just in Madison for the summer), and there were emails sent out by the university to all students, faculty and staff both warning people to take the proper precautions and asking for leads when students returned for fall classes. It was not hushed up by the University. Kelly Nolan wasn't even a student at UW-Madison, and technically, the University had no obligation to do anything at all! The MPD hasn't release any information. What else should the University do? Institutions like SafeWalk and SafeRide are already available to students.

Also, undergrads may be young and naive, but they're not 12 year olds. They are adults, and they wouldn't be at the university if they didn't want to be. I guarantee there's not a single student in Madison who does not know about Kelly Nolan or Brittany Zimmerman. If I was an undergrad and my parents told me they were going to pull me out of university b/c of a local murder, I would take out student loans refuse to leave!!

Yes, I am a little more nervous that these recent murders have occurred, but statistically, I'm much safer here than in any other city I've ever lived. I say be smart, but don't live in fear.

Hi Fran,
These all occured in relatively the same area (UW Campus/Downtown). There's not a gang problem in that area, but there was a sharp increase in violent pedestrian robberies last year. There were also two kidnapping/rapes that occurred in the area at around the same time the robberies started happening, but that guy was convicted this past week. I don't think anyone feels the attacks you mentioned are connected to Kelly Nolan or Brittany Zimmerman.

Hi nohwheregirl!

If you read the articles I posted, I believe there's reference to these thugs coming to this area by bus. So, maybe there's not a 'gang problem' per se there, meaning they don't 'live' in that area; but, they may be coming from other locations of the city and targeting that area.

I don't know if any of these recent muggings, robberies, murders are intertwined. However, IMHO, it should be investigated on IF they could be. Perhaps not this particular case, but some of the previous ones. Like the girl last summer who was last seen leaving a bar and her body was found later.

IMHO, it is not JUST a coincidence, that throughout the Great Lake area states and cities, a HUGE number of young people, most specifically college students, have disappeared after a late night of partying and or drinking. No, there's too many during the past several years to be JUST a coincidence. BOTH,.......male and female.

Just something to think about.

JMHO
fran

Talked to my son in Madison about this yesterday and he told me he had just met Brittany at the registrar's office a few weeks ago while picking up his transcripts for a lab position application. He also said he and his roomies are using the buddy system and locking all their doors and that they got all new keys made for their locks. He said the police are doing noticably more foot patrols and his house is just a few blocks from the murder scene. He also said his roomate's car was broken into over the weekend as well as the next door neighbor's house. He has decided to stay there all summer, about which I am not thrilled.

Eve

The news media has seemingly given up on trying to dig to find more information. If you look at the papers, the only news they're talking about is the "town meeting" that was held on Saturday.

THIS IS THE FAULT OF THE POLICE! Release some information to keep this in the front page of the media! How ridiculous that they won't try to get the public's help. PEOPLE SAW HIM! He was walking around the most populated/busiest area of Madison for at least an hour, or hour and a half! People saw him, they just don't know what they saw. Gosh this makes me angry. :mad: :furious:

It's coming up on a week since the murder. He could be far far away by now, thanks to the incompetence of the MPD.

Did everyone catch this?

http://www.madison.com/wsj/topstories/280833

Among those arrested was a man who walked into a home in the 500 block of West Washington Avenue shared by several UW-Madison students just before Zimmermann 's body was found two blocks away, police said.

Police are now waiting to see if analysts at the state Crime Laboratory can identify any DNA that might lead investigators to a suspect.

I wonder if the cops think they have the guy and are just waiting... oh, and if anyone knows about our state crime lab - we have months before the DNA will come back. So hopefully if the cops have stopped their investigation, they got the killer. Otherwise, if they're wrong, then they'll have waited months while a killer is on the loose. Oh, well - they have done the same with Kelly Nolan.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beffers101
Back