GUILTY WI - Darrell Brooks Rams Car Into Holiday Parade Crowd - 6 dead/61 Injured - Waukesha #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
she wants him to "pledge" to honor the ruling. She needs to quit. I bet he comes back and says he had no choice.

She uses the words pledge or promise because it's in the case law.

(3) remove him from the courtroom, while the trial continues, until he promises to conduct himself properly. Pp. 397 U. S. 343-346.

Judge: I’m going to ask the defendant one more time, and then proceeds to ask the defendant 5 or 6 more times…..my opinion only.

he keeps looking to the bailiffs and making hand motions. Not sure he realizes that it is done. If she actually brings him over again I don't get the point other than for the appeal process...he can speak from the other courtroom and will just have to go back again. He never agrees to her terms but she keeps letting him back. At least jury is gone for the day.

I joined watching this trial midtrial. This is a trainwreck such as I have never seen before. Dorow has the patience of a saint. JMO. She is bending over backwards into a near pretzel to try to keep from giving him any sort of grounds for appeal.

Judge: I’m going to ask the defendant one more time, and then proceeds to ask the defendant 5 or 6 more times…..my opinion only.
Right. She just told him a few minutes ago if he wants to come back into the courtroom he has to pledge to behave. Now she just said she’s bringing him in. If she’s not willing to gag him when he interrupts she will need 2 days to go over jury instructions as she puts him in and out of the courtroom. I don’t know why he needs to be in the courtroom for jury instructions. Keep him out so you can mute him when he starts up!

Shame jury will not know that mom was a no show and all that has happened today. They will just be told he will not testify on his own behalf..hopefully she will make it clear that he refused to answer and forfeited the right.
Is a judge allowed to say the defendant refused to answer?

edit: In front of the jury, I mean

I believe the judge handled this more very well.

She was prepared, and while giving opportunity for conversation, she moved forward with the case.

If her approach stays constant, he will likely be muted most of the day.

I found myself with this thought today: He refuses to act like and adult and the judge refuses to act like a child. Thus the confrontation.

Just my thoughts.

Otis

Last edited:
Judge Jen was fortified this past weekend. She is through with the games. This trial will continue, and go to the jury. Brooks will be in the other courtroom all day, IMO. She will continue with a few opportunities for Brooks to participate, but will mute as soon as she deems appropriate. She's done with this clown.

Did judge just say jury instructions will take most of the day tomorrow?
yep just to read them...over 60 pages as I understand it. I think total is about 80 counts or something like that. Hopefully they take a vote when they get it and unanimous for intentional and start going down the forms one by one. She does not want to turn the case over to them late in the day. The real question can they get thru them today ? I think judge got all her case law in line to keep moving as we saw this morning and will do so again when he objects to every instruction. She is DONE with him and shame it took this long.

Judge can not say anything that would prejudice the defendant. Or make it seem like he’s causing problems.

What the bidness?
What the bidness?

Right. She just told him a few minutes ago if he wants to come back into the courtroom he has to pledge to behave. Now she just said she’s bringing him in. If she’s not willing to gag him when he interrupts she will need 2 days to go over jury instructions as she puts him in and out of the courtroom. I don’t know why he needs to be in the courtroom for jury instructions. Keep him out so you can mute him when he starts up!
I think the new judge Dorow will bring him in one time...he will explode and I think she will just leave him out for rest of day...invite him a few times...he will not promise to be "good" and that will be that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TAA