GUILTY WI - Darrell Brooks Rams Car Into Holiday Parade Crowd - 6 dead/61 Injured - Waukesha #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now this is how the entire trial should have gone. With the defendant in the other courtroom, muted…….oh for goodness sake, quit asking him if he wants to come back into the main courtroom. It’s up to him if he wants to call his witness or not……what happens if he refuses to call his witness and refuses to close his case? My opinion only.

I hate to say this but this judge is losing my respect. She should have known this would happen with Erika and maybe the smarter move would be to save her for last and then close it out just like today. I question whether we even continue today. Will she follow thru if he does not call another witness?

Yes! He's running the show. 1 witness this whole day??
He’s had 3 witnesses today; the first one was only a couple questions, the second was a little longer, and the third was E. The state has not cross-examined. I believe he’s up to 6 total witnesses of his list of 13 since he added his Mom today.

I agree though, he has run the trial all day and it’s been exhausting and ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:
So now she’s bringing him in even though he didn’t ask to be brought in and didn’t answer her question about it. Obv she’s hesitant to preemptively end his case and for good reason. Ideally he’d get to call all his witnesses and ask his stupid questions. But this is getting out of hand! I think she’s talking to much/going back and forth unnecessarily and adding to the time wasting he’s engaging in.

I know it’s easy to sit here and judge what she’s doing and backseat quarterback. But I’ve seen other judges who are no nonsense and there is no way they would go back and forth with him like this. That’s the kind of judge he needed! She is making sound legal judgments and making a good record of all the bs he’s doing. She just needs to be more assertive with him.

Edited to add: I also feel like she coddles him too much when he plays buddy buddy with her. She laughs and makes jokes with him. <modsnip: vulgarity>. She goes out of her way to appear submissive in her tone when he’s doing what he’s supposed to do. All of this is contributing to his tantrums. IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
So now she’s bringing him in even though he didn’t ask to be brought in and didn’t answer her question about it. Obv she’s hesitant to preemptively end his case and for good reason. Ideally he’d get to call all his witnesses and ask his stupid questions. But this is getting out of hand! I think she’s talking to much/going back and forth unnecessarily and adding to the time wasting he’s engaging in.

She is just making a record at this point. He will appeal regardless. He’s said as much.

She most likely pondered a mistrial her entire time at lunch.

You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink.

At this point just bring him in and let him hang himself in front of jury. I think that is only alternative left. She does not want him in the other courtroom. I think jury deserves to see this to understand the man on trial. This has gotten so distorted and I now feel that he is running the courtroom.

She is just making a record at this point. He will appeal regardless. He’s said as much.

She most likely pondered a mistrial her entire time at lunch.

You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink.
I disagree mistrial is really not on her radar in my opinion. She lives in that community. They all want this to come to a conclusion.

the state has to hold back the smiles at tack id agreement.

I disagree mistrial is really not on her radar in my opinion. She lives in that community. They all want this to come to a conclusion.

She isn’t the one I’m worried about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members