WI WI - Dayna Menger, 27, baby son Dakota, & Junelle Marquard, 21, Nekoosa, 20 August 1999

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I couldn't find much on Dakota at all... I don't think though that these people ran and acquired new identities as a result of their petty criminal activity. I still say that they're in the bottom of the river; I'd place a bet on it. Anyone know if the police dredged the river or scanned it with sonar?

"...Lincoln High School in Wisconsin Rapids WI or I think it used to be also called Lincoln High School Ahdawagam WI..."

The Indians in the area of Wisconsin Rapids called the area Ahdawagm my husband said it means "Two Sided Rapids", but after it was settled it became known as Centralia and Grand Rapids. One was on the east side of the river and one was on the west side of the river (I can't remember which was which). They merged the two cites somewhere around 1900 and took the name Grand Rapids but changed it not long after to Wisconsin Rapids due to confusion with Grand Rapids Minnesota. Lincoln High also uses the name Ahdawagam as the name of their year book.

I find the case as far Junelle odd. After reading Charley Project and Missing: Nekoosa police look for women, toddler gone for 20 years. I decided to do a search because it found it strange that nobody ever reported Junelle missing. I read that she had become estranged from her family. It still hard to believe that nobody in her family would report her missing. The article dated Aug 2019 states Police Chief Shawn Woods saying
To this day, no one has officially reported Marquard missing. The article also states
Marquard was listed as one of her mother's (Nancy) survivors in the 2001 obituary, which said she lived in Wisconsin Rapids. I found this picture of Junelle Junelle Marquard in First Grade. - Newspapers.com. It says daughter of Mr. Mrs. Lloyd Marquard with an address that was associated with both Lloyd and Junelle. 2870 2nd St, Wisconsin Rapids WI owners history, phone number, price, property info and neighbourghood | Homemetry . I had assumed that Lloyd was Junelle's biological father but maybe she wasn't. In Lloyds 2017 obituary https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/s...spx?n=lloyd-marquard&pid=186986242&fhid=15179 it lists three surviving children with Nancy his wife preceding him in death. It makes no mention of Junelle. The reason I question if Lloyd was the father is because i found an obituary from 2010 for a Gary James Lumby Sr. of Adams WI Gary James Lumby, Sr. | Roseberry's Funeral Home that lists Junelle Marquard as his surviving daughter. His obituary has no other persons with the last name Marquard. He too had 3 other children. This means that Junelle had a mother, father, siblings and possibly step father and step siblings. They have gone so far to list her in obituaries but out of all these people nobody reports her missing and their is no evidence of her family looking for her. The article also states
The Daily Tribune has been unable to locate anyone who knew either of the women.
Buerger said detectives would like to talk to anyone who knew Marquard before she disappeared or who knows what happened to her. Hopefully someone within her family or someone who knew her talks to detectives.

This is the waterways in that area via google maps. This would be painstaking for any LE to try and find a vehicle in the river or lake. This is just the south side of Nekoosa.

Dakota & Dayna Menger & Junelle Marquard​

35529d_fa432d295dde4d4da187c4206248aea7~mv2.jpeg

Dakota Menger

Dakota Menger, Dayna Menger, and Junelle Marquard were all together and last seen on August 20th, 1999 in Nekoosa, Wisconsin.

Dakota was in the company of his mother Dayna Menger and her friend Junelle Marquard when they dropped off Dayna's 4-year-old daughter at a babysitter’s residence. The 3 of them left without disclosing where they were going or what they planned to do.
0f4a86_9073f87168f64113bb06f2d499880ba0~mv2.jpg

Dayna Menger

Initially, when Dayna did not return for a few days, the babysitter was not concerned. It wasn’t uncommon for her to leave her child with a babysitter for several days at a time. However, after weeks passed without contact from Dayna, the babysitter contacted social services and
they took custody of Dayna’s daughter.

Dayna never returned to the babysitter’s residence and no one has had any contact with Dakota, Dayne, or Junelle since their disappearance.
0f4a86_32f2235325184098bf21025e0fefd0ee~mv2.jpeg

Junelle Marquard

At the time of their disappearances, Dayna lived with her daughter and Dakota in Nekoosa, Wisconsin. Junelle was living in Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. Both women were involved with drugs and had been estranged from their families as a result. Dayna eventually lost parental rights to her daughter and she was adopted and now lives out of the state.

Although they went missing in 1999, it wasn’t until 2004 that the police were informed that all three of them were unaccounted for when Dayna’s brother reported her missing. Junelle has never been officially reported missing. Police are only seeking her in connection to Dayna and Dakota’s disappearances.

It is possible that Dayna has ties to Milwaukee, Wisconsin. She and Junelle have minor criminal histories, but nothing significant enough to suggest they would be running from the law. Foul play is a possibility in their disappearances. Dayna’s loved ones do not believe that she would have abandoned her daughter.

Dakota is a white male and, at the time of his disappearance, was 2’6”-3’0”, and 28-35 pounds. His physical features and what clothing he was wearing at the time are unknown. Dakota was 2 years old when he went missing. He would be 24 years old today.

Dayna is a white female and, at the time of her disappearance, was 5'8, and 140 - 160 pounds. She has blonde hair and blue eyes. Dayna has a tattoo of a cross on her right shoulder and a tattoo of a cross on the fingers of her right hand. Dayna was 27 years old when she went missing. She'd be 50 years old today.

Junelle is a white female and, at the time of her disappearance, was 6'1 and 165 pounds. She has brown hair and hazel eyes. Junelle has a burn scar on her left arm. Junelle was 21 years old when she went missing. She'd be 44 years old today.

Below is an age-progressed photo of Dakota to 21 years old:
35529d_2276ec044efe4f81afdbb5a2272d3f46~mv2.jpeg

I couldn't find much on Dakota at all... I don't think though that these people ran and acquired new identities as a result of their petty criminal activity. I still say that they're in the bottom of the river; I'd place a bet on it. Anyone know if the police dredged the river or scanned it with sonar?
I agree - this needs a sonar scan of the river.

IMG_0943.jpeg

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amanda73