AMBER ALERT WI - Elijah Vue, 3 year old Elijah Vue, Two Rivers, 20 Feb 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
An extremely short update from LE less than 10 min ago. Nothing new IMO.

An extremely short update from LE less than 10 min ago. Nothing new IMO.

Honest questions- Does anyone know if Katrina and Jesse have access in jail to the news (tv, newspapers, internet, radio etc)? Not knowing if this would be in a general area for anyone in jail to access and would they be monitored somehow for their behavior and reactions? I haven’t been in jail myself, so I’m not sure about this. Thank you

Honest questions- Does anyone know if Katrina and Jesse have access in jail to the news (tv, newspapers, internet, radio etc)? Not knowing if this would be in a general area for anyone in jail to access and would they be monitored somehow for their behavior and reactions? I haven’t been in jail myself, so I’m not sure about this. Thank you
Idk if they do but television is usually available in the common areas in many jails. There’s restrictions on violence shown. Former DOC…

UPDATED Feb 23, 2024
[...]

During the court proceeding, it was revealed that Katrina Baur would send the 3-year-old boy to Jesse Vang's home to be disciplined. The exact time and details of what occurred were not released and remain part of a sealed court document.

The state argued for a $20,000 cash bail, emphasizing his direct involvement in the child's supervision and the use of severe disciplinary tactics that may have contributed to Elijah's disappearance.

"Mr. Vang was the individual entrusted with the care of the child during the alleged neglect," the District Attorney expressed in court. "Given his direct hands-on involvement and the disciplinary methods he's accused of using, a $20,000 cash bail is necessary."

[...]

LV is the sister of the boy's father, who was in prison prior to Elijah's disappearance.

[...]

Meanwhile, hundreds of residents from the city and neighboring communities turned out to help search for Elijah, and several Log into Facebook pages were created to organize the grassroots efforts. One community member created a Google map where people with a Google account could mark areas they had already searched. Locals also turned up in large numbers for a candlelight vigil for Elijah on Wednesday at the St. Peter the Fisherman Catholic Parish in Two Rivers.
*linked in article

Meanwhile, hundreds of residents from the city and neighboring communities turned out to help search for Elijah, and several Log into Facebook pages were created to organize the grassroots efforts. One community member created a Google map where people with a Google account could mark areas they had already searched. Locals also turned up in large numbers for a candlelight vigil for Elijah on Wednesday at the St. Peter the Fisherman Catholic Parish in Two Rivers.
*linked in article

It’s maddening that at least one if not both suspects could lead LE to Elijah yet they refuse to do so.

IMO this wasn’t a one off; I suspect Elijah has been abused for quite a while. How could a mother turn a blind eye to the suffering of her child? Why would she turn Elijah over to a man to dispense “punishment?”

How unruly could a wee lad of three be to earn ongoing abuse by some man who has no right to lay a hand on him?

I’m disgusted by both of them. And mark my words they’ll soon turn on each other and each will employ their own attorneys. MOO

UPDATED Feb 23, 2024
[...]

During the court proceeding, it was revealed that Katrina Baur would send the 3-year-old boy to Jesse Vang's home to be disciplined. The exact time and details of what occurred were not released and remain part of a sealed court document.

The state argued for a $20,000 cash bail, emphasizing his direct involvement in the child's supervision and the use of severe disciplinary tactics that may have contributed to Elijah's disappearance.

"Mr. Vang was the individual entrusted with the care of the child during the alleged neglect," the District Attorney expressed in court. "Given his direct hands-on involvement and the disciplinary methods he's accused of using, a $20,000 cash bail is necessary."

[...]

LV is the sister of the boy's father, who was in prison prior to Elijah's disappearance.

[...]

As I read this report of the court proceeding, it sounds as if there have been other times when KB send EV to Jesse Vang for discipline. As if this is not the first time.

Is that how other people read this?

As I read this report of the court proceeding, it sounds as if there have been other times when KB send EV to Jesse Vang for discipline. As if this is not the first time.

That’s how I read it. I believe an examination of their cell phones will substantiate ongoing punishments discussed between them. Just as we’ve seen in other cases.

MOO only of course but after reading other cases I’ve begun to suspect that there’s a similar bizarre excitement here that occurs when two suspects discuss the “bad” behavior of a child and how it should be dealt with. It frequently is documented through text messages where it’s not uncommon to see one caregiver urge the other to commit violence upon the child. One recent example was little Gabby Barrett in Michigan.

Again IMO only.

Yes, that's exactly what I thought as well. However, this is the only article I've seen worded that way. MOO

FEB 25, 2024
[...]

I met KW while he was searching a dam near his property for any sign of Elijah. He lives along the West Twin River in the Two Rivers area.

"At approximately 10 o'clock I saw lights flashing through the bedroom window."

He says he saw Sheriff's Department cars blocking off Highway BB overnight Saturday into Sunday and boats searching the river.

"We've seen three or four different boats. Coast Guard, the pontoon boat, an air boat."

[...]

Two Rivers Police sent in a news release around noon Sunday that they are searching city rivers along with dive teams from Door County and Green Bay.

[...]

Two Rivers police said boats, dive teams, drones and K-9s joined search efforts Saturday and Sunday. Police officers, FBI agents and volunteers continued combing through the wooded area where Elijah was last seen. Ground crews also went door-to-door.

“It actually makes me a little bit emotional because there is so much love pouring from the Vue family and their extended family and they are going through such a terrible time and they continue to show gratefulness and grace. I don’t know how they are doing it,” said Liz Benecke, the spokeswoman for the Vue family.

Benecke says tomorrow they are taking a break but will be back to work on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday through Sunday. She says she will be making posts about searches on the Two Rivers Wisconsin News and Information Facebook page.

“Everyone has been so stressed, everyone’s been doing their best to keep it together for the kid, and everyone’s kind of starting to get discouraged where we’re not as hopeful, but we’re looking and just as dedicated to finding him,” AR of Manitowoc said, who looked as far away as the Ice Age Trail in Mishicot.

AR is an EMT and hopes that when he finds Elijah, he can bring him comfort and provide and first aid needed.

SR wants to see more volunteers of any background come out to help with the search. The Denmark resident says that with so much public interest in the case, more people should take action to look for Elijah.

Last edited:
That’s how I read it. I believe an examination of their cell phones will substantiate ongoing punishments discussed between them. Just as we’ve seen in other cases.

MOO only of course but after reading other cases I’ve begun to suspect that there’s a similar bizarre excitement here that occurs when two suspects discuss the “bad” behavior of a child and how it should be dealt with. It frequently is documented through text messages where it’s not uncommon to see one caregiver urge the other to commit violence upon the child. One recent example was little Gabby Barrett in Michigan.

Again IMO only.
I immediately thought of Gabrial Hernandez. There was cell phone records of them discussing the abuse and even in jail mom and boyfriend found a way to communicate. The sickos were sexual sadists.

I hope this is ok to ask: I see that Elijah had an older sister and it sounds as if they shared biological parents. The other child was not in the same home Elijah went missing from, correct?
Sister was with KB in the Dells while this was going on. An aunt took her the night of the arrests.

Baur and Vang remained behind bars Sunday night, according to Manitowoc County Jail records. They were due in court Monday afternoon.

Two Rivers police said in a statement Sunday that the Green Bay police dive team helped with the search.

"Our search efforts continued throughout last night and will continue today on our city rivers," the police department said.

Manitowoc County officials set Baur's bail at $15,000 cash and Vang's at $20,000 cash. Both are in police custody.

Baur and Vang are scheduled to appear in court again Monday. Violation of bail conditions could lead to additional charges.

I wonder if the below article is saying this is not the first time that little angel was sent for 'discipline'? This is going down as one of the most horrific cases I've followed. One can only imagine how terrified this baby must have been when he released where he was going. What is going through a 3 year olds mind when his mama takes him to receive "severe disciplinary tactics". I try not to hate, but right now I hate.

As for Mr Accused. What type of person would want to take this on? Why would a person want to take a 3 year old child to simply 'discipline'?

I hope this case stays in the public eye until full justice is served to anyone and all that harmed this child.

Well actually I wish this baby is simply hidden somewhere safe and happy, hidden from anyone wanting to take him for 'severe disciplinary tactics". But yeah, right....get my head out of the sand.

I'm so sad and so angry.

UPDATED Feb 23, 2024
[...]

[...]

[...]

FEB 25, 2024
Volunteers stopped by the search's homebase, checking off maps of where they have searched, taking photos of what they have found and having everything sent to police.

"You have a little boy out there that's lost. You pray. You don't know where he is at and if it was my kid, I would want everybody here. I just pray that he is safe," MW, a search volunteer, said.

FEB 26, 2024
No one is giving up in the search. One person searching has walked 300 miles looking for Elijah so far, according to a spokesperson for the Vue family.

MW is one of hundreds who are keeping an eye out for signs of Elijah. She says she’s searched the Maribel caves, beaches, and neighborhoods, and she’s going to keep going until she finds something -- hopefully Elijah, safe.

The next community search is planned for Tuesday from 10 p.m. to 4 p.m. at Mikadow Theater at 1118 Washington St. in Manitowoc.

On Sunday, there were a total of 16 search parties that were out, covering a total of 57 miles in the area.

Elijah’s mother Katrina Baur, and co-defendant Jesse Vang are expected to be back in court at 1:30 p.m. today, facing a possible charge of party to a crime of child neglect.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back