AMBER ALERT WI - Elijah Vue, 3 year old Elijah Vue, Two Rivers, 20 Feb 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not Elijah- the body found in Springfield is that of a woman.

Coroner Jim Allmon said the person is a woman and her body was found in a way that is “suspicious in nature.” An autopsy has been scheduled for Thursday.

The woman’s name is being withheld from the media until her next-of-kin is notified.
was just coming to post. I hope we find little man soon. :( Even if he is no longer living (likely outcome) he deserves to be laid to rest with dignity and his loved ones deserve an end to the unknowing.

I think you are overthinking the use of the expression "put a child to sleep." I've heard it used by people I know and I'm sure nothing bad was meant by those particular people. I've also heard people say at a young child's naptime "I'm going to put him down" and the veterinary meaning was not intended I'm quite sure. MOO
Thank you

No news today. :(

Community members are organizing a candlelight vigil for Elijah. The event is set for 6:30 p.m. March 16 at Walsh Field in Two Rivers. Two Rivers City Council President Adam Wachowski is expected to speak, along with Marcos Alfaro Sr., team president for the Manitowoc County Mariners football team; and a representative from the Two Rivers Fire Department. The first 600 people to arrive will receive a free candle.

It’s maddening that these two soulless wastes of humanity haven’t revealed what happened to Elijah and where his little body is.

Vang is a vicious criminal, that’s pretty clear. But how can Elijah’s mother choose to lie to protect herself and her boyfriend at the expense of her child? I gave up a long time ago on the notion of maternal instinct but this case has me questioning if there’s such a thing as maternal malevolence.
MOO

I am so haunted by this little boy. Every day I wonder where Elijah is, every night I wonder who knows exactly where he is.

@wnk thank you for the staggering amount of work you put into the exhaustive timeline (footnoted and all) of the events as far as they could be known. I permalinked your post and go back to it frequently.

@PommyMommy you too. You are tireless at keeping on top of developments, no matter how scarce or thin they may be.

For me - and it's all JMO - there are wildcards in the case. I'm probably overthinking them, but I keep going back. They are:

1. Jesse Vang's teenaged son. How old is he? How does his autism limit him? Was he a witness, and if so, when and to what? Have the police talked with him? Who is taking care of him now, even?

2. The 4-door Nissan impounded by the police. What do they know about that car and its whereabouts and/or driver(s) that enabled them to focus on the time frame of 2:00 to 9:00 p.m. on Monday, February 19th?

And what do we know about what happened before and after the 19th?

On Sunday the 18th, per the criminal complaint, Vang messages Baur at 4:36 a.m. telling her she needs to trust him in his decisions to “discipline” Elijah, saying, “He did fear me, but he didn’t respect me, now I’m making him respect me.’

On Monday the 19th, per the criminal complaint, around 8:00 or 9:00 p.m. (bold/italics mine), JV changed EV’s diaper prior to bed; EV was “in punishment” standing in corner for “2 to 3 hours” while JV watched a movie.

Assuming Vang was telling the truth, then the Nissan wasn't involved in Elijah being abducted, hidden away, sold or buried. Assuming Vang was absolutely lying, then what a bizarre way to offer "proof of life," by claiming Elijah was in punishment, etc.

3. The description of Elijah when he was reported missing. "The Two Rivers Police Department said Vue is possibly carrying a red and white plaid blanket with him." Wisconsin Amber Alert: Missing Two Rivers boy, search intensifies

That was later on February 20th. Elijah's blanket was either in the apartment or it wasn't. Who mentioned the blanket? How did it even come up? It was not included in the initial Amber Alert itself, but rather was added in additional comments from the police.

4) The February 14th 3:13 a.m. facedown photo of Elijah taken with Baur's phone and deleted an hour later. That photo, with the blindfold and the bruising. This woman drove down from Wisconsin Dells for an early-hours Valentine's Day hookup, I guess, with this man, leaving her 6-year-old-daughter locked in the car for the duration of the quickie, and took the time to grab that picture - if indeed she's the person who took it - only to delete it an hour later? Was it deleted because in it Elijah was already dead?

I have nothing helpful on any of these wildcards, but I can't put them down, either. Apparently these two people are not going to give Elijah back to the extended family and hundreds of strangers searching for him. Their silence makes me sick. The only thing that could excuse it is if, in fact, they had nothing to do with it.

JMO

Another thing that has me wondering about all these cars.. when KB was driving to Two Rivers on the 14th with her daughter, she was asking JV how to turn off the lights on his car, which sounds like she was driving his car.

At the auto shop (on the 17th?) JV is getting a breathalyzer installed in his car (is this the same car or different to what KB was driving?)

And then third, this Nissan impounded by LE which they said did not belong to either KB or JV. This car could have been used to avoid GPS or any monitoring by the breathalyzer.

Is this Nissan too old for GPS/infotainment/“black box” type of information to be extracted?

I am so haunted by this little boy. Every day I wonder where Elijah is, every night I wonder who knows exactly where he is.

@wnk thank you for the staggering amount of work you put into the exhaustive timeline (footnoted and all) of the events as far as they could be known. I permalinked your post and go back to it frequently.

@PommyMommy you too. You are tireless at keeping on top of developments, no matter how scarce or thin they may be.

For me - and it's all JMO - there are wildcards in the case. I'm probably overthinking them, but I keep going back. They are:

1. Jesse Vang's teenaged son. How old is he? How does his autism limit him? Was he a witness, and if so, when and to what? Have the police talked with him? Who is taking care of him now, even?

2. The 4-door Nissan impounded by the police. What do they know about that car and its whereabouts and/or driver(s) that enabled them to focus on the time frame of 2:00 to 9:00 p.m. on Monday, February 19th?

On Sunday the 18th, per the criminal complaint, Vang messages Baur at 4:36 a.m. telling her she needs to trust him in his decisions to “discipline” Elijah, saying, “He did fear me, but he didn’t respect me, now I’m making him respect me.’

On Monday the 19th, per the criminal complaint, around 8:00 or 9:00 p.m. (bold/italics mine), JV changed EV’s diaper prior to bed; EV was “in punishment” standing in corner for “2 to 3 hours” while JV watched a movie.

Assuming Vang was telling the truth, then the Nissan wasn't involved in Elijah being abducted, hidden away, sold or buried. Assuming Vang was absolutely lying, then what a bizarre way to offer "proof of life," by claiming Elijah was in punishment, etc.

3. The description of Elijah when he was reported missing. "The Two Rivers Police Department said Vue is possibly carrying a red and white plaid blanket with him." Wisconsin Amber Alert: Missing Two Rivers boy, search intensifies

That was later on February 20th. Elijah's blanket was either in the apartment or it wasn't. Who mentioned the blanket? How did it even come up? It was not included in the initial Amber Alert itself, but rather was added in additional comments from the police.

4) The February 14th 3:13 a.m. facedown photo of Elijah taken with Baur's phone and deleted an hour later. That photo, with the blindfold and the bruising. This woman drove down from Wisconsin Dells for an early-hours Valentine's Day hookup, I guess, with this man, leaving her 6-year-old-daughter locked in the car for the duration of the quickie, and took the time to grab that picture - if indeed she's the person who took it - only to delete it an hour later? Was it deleted because in it Elijah was already dead?

I have nothing helpful on any of these wildcards, but I can't put them down, either. Apparently these two people are not going to give Elijah back to the extended family and hundreds of strangers searching for him. Their silence makes me sick. The only thing that could excuse it is if, in fact, they had nothing to do with it.

JMO
I don't think Elijah can have already been dead on February 14th since he was seen on video at the auto repair shop on the 16th with Vang.

Whatever happened to him after that video is anyone's guess. :(

MAR 13, 2024
[...]

“I don’t think $40,000 is enough money to force someone to say something (if the boy is alive),” said former Milwaukee Police Lt. Dr. Ken Harris, of 101.7 The Truth.

If the toddler was the victim of human trafficking, Harris said “there isn’t a (reward) number” that would help find the boy.

[...]

When asked why there isn’t more security footage being released of potential persons of interest, Harris said “The technology is not there (in Manitowoc County). Rural areas have less cameras. There is a lot of space between towns.”

MAR 13, 2024
Baur and Vang are expected to appear in Manitowoc County Circuit Court March 14 for their respective preliminary hearings.

Baur, Elijah's mother, faces a felony charge of chronic child neglect, a second charge of felony child neglect involving a different child, and two misdemeanor charges of obstructing an officer.

Vang faces one charge of felony child neglect. At his previous court date March 7, he had not yet been assigned an attorney from the Office of the State Public Defender.

MAR 13, 2024
[...]

Close to 25 volunteers combed the more than 700 acres of the Bubolz Nature Preserve in Grand Chute Wednesday, looking for anything that could help find Elijah Vue.

[...]

One volunteer even put a drone in the air to check hard-to-reach areas. The search was very organized to make sure as much ground as possible was covered.

"They kind of divided it into four quadrants and sent groups in each quadrant to try and make it a little bit easier," said Patten.

The search area is rugged and vast, and according to volunteers, a bit overwhelming.

The Grand Chute Police Department showed up at the search, acting as a liaison for the searchers -- not only offering advice to volunteers if they find something suspicious, but also willing to check things out too.

[...]

MAR 14, 2024
Katrina Bauer and Jesse Vang are expected in Manitowoc County Circuit Court at 11 o’clock Thursday morning for preliminary hearings. ...

At the hearing, they can hear the prosecution’s case against them, which may offer more details about the neglect charges and the investigation into Elijah’s disappearance. Bauer and Vang also have the right to waive listening to the details in court. Either way, a judge will decide if there’s enough evidence to warrant a trial for either of them, and if so, the case proceeds to an arraignment where Baur and Vang enter a plea to the charges.

WBAY-TV will be at the hearing. ...

JMO
MOO
1). I thought I read JV’s son is a teenager, not sure exactly what age. He is supposedly being cared for by his mother currently. I don’t know about him being able to provide answers being he is non verbal, but others mentioned he could write/draw his responses.
2). The car is confusing, but I think JV borrowed it from a neighbor/friend and wasn’t able to provide a solid explanation for where he was from 2-7pm.
3). The blanket was in a picture of Elijah and maybe JV provided the picture to LE for the Amber Alert, adding this is his blanket. The picture could be old and offered as a detail only.
4). The picture is before he went missing and I don’t know why it was taken/then deleted? Maybe they were going to stage the picture as evidence he was kidnapped? But if the background is JV’s apartment, that doesn’t make sense.
I honestly think they’re both involved in Elijah’s disappearance. If they weren’t, they would have been able to clear themselves with providing details/solid alibis etc. LE has been very quiet and gathering enough evidence.

MAR 14, 2024
Katrina Bauer and Jesse Vang are expected in Manitowoc County Circuit Court at 11 o’clock Thursday morning for preliminary hearings. ...

At the hearing, they can hear the prosecution’s case against them, which may offer more details about the neglect charges and the investigation into Elijah’s disappearance. Bauer and Vang also have the right to waive listening to the details in court. Either way, a judge will decide if there’s enough evidence to warrant a trial for either of them, and if so, the case proceeds to an arraignment where Baur and Vang enter a plea to the charges.

WBAY-TV will be at the hearing. ...
I had no idea KB and JV could waive listening to the details today, I wish they were required to.

MANITOWOC (WLUK) -- There is enough evidence against the mother of missing 3-year-old boy Elijah Vue to send her to trial on child neglect charges, a judge ruled Wednesday.

Katrina Baur, 31, waived her right to a preliminary hearing. Her attorney also dropped a motion to dismiss a child neglect count. Baur is scheduled to return to court March 22 to enter a plea.
Missing Elijah Vue's mother and her boyfriend return to court

The judge issued his ruling on Thursday and set Ms Baur’s arraignment for 22 March.

Jesse Vang, 39, Ms Baur's boyfriend, has also been charged with child neglect. The court is still trying to find an attorney to represent him. He has requested a speedy trial.
Missing Elijah Vue’s mother to go to trial, judge rules

OT but the last link I posted got me all fired up and irritated. I wish there were actual journalists in this modern age. What ever happened to fact checking? The article says:

Despite both parents being in police custody, little headway has been made in the search for the child. Both Ms Baur and Mr Vang have insisted that they had nothing to do with Elijah's disappearance.

um, Vang is not Elijah's parent. Nor his step parent. He is barely mom's boyfriend. He is literally just a piece of garbage mom didn't have the sense to avoid. Instead of scraping him off her shoe she opted to have sex with him while her bruised baby boy lay there blindfolded.

I can't even with this dang case. sorry for the vent.

OT but the last link I posted got me all fired up and irritated. I wish there were actual journalists in this modern age. What ever happened to fact checking? The article says:

Despite both parents being in police custody, little headway has been made in the search for the child. Both Ms Baur and Mr Vang have insisted that they had nothing to do with Elijah's disappearance.

um, Vang is not Elijah's parent. Nor his step parent. He is barely mom's boyfriend. He is literally just a piece of garbage mom didn't have the sense to avoid. Instead of scraping him off her shoe she opted to have sex with him while her bruised baby boy lay there blindfolded.

Shortened for focus.

The best I can tell Vang is her sex toy, punisher and "man-maker". *mutters under my breath*

MANITOWOC (WLUK) -- There is enough evidence against the mother of missing 3-year-old boy Elijah Vue to send her to trial on child neglect charges, a judge ruled Wednesday.

Katrina Baur, 31, waived her right to a preliminary hearing. Her attorney also dropped a motion to dismiss a child neglect count. Baur is scheduled to return to court March 22 to enter a plea.
Missing Elijah Vue's mother and her boyfriend return to court

The judge issued his ruling on Thursday and set Ms Baur’s arraignment for 22 March.

Jesse Vang, 39, Ms Baur's boyfriend, has also been charged with child neglect. The court is still trying to find an attorney to represent him. He has requested a speedy trial.
Missing Elijah Vue’s mother to go to trial, judge rules

So… Vang wants a speedy trial but the court can’t find an attorney to represent him. It’s probably just a shortage of court appointed defense attorneys but I couldn’t stop myself from imagining a defense attorney pool where no one wants his case. Perhaps they’ll end up drawing straws or playing rock, paper, scissors to determine who will defend him.

IMO this won’t be a reputation building case for the poor lawyer who gets stuck with him. JMO of course.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neilyboy13
Back