WI - ICE seeks help to ID youth in photos #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what they said to me:
R,

Could you elaborate more on why you think the photo is of Taylor Lee Druyor? Do you know how old he is?

Please give me a call when you get a chance please on my cell listed below.

J D
Special Agent
Homeland Security Investigations
HSI St. Paul, MN

Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 4:30 PM
To: D, J R
Subject: RE: Immigration agency seeks help to ID youth in photos

I’m at work right now and cannot call till later. I was on a forum called Webslueths and came across the article posted for the ID of youth in the photo so I started looking at pictures of missing kids and found this young man’s picture. I think the photo looks like Taylor because of the eyebrows, hairline, nose and the ears.

Thanks for the attached photos. I will take a look into it. No need to call but thanks again for the tip as that’s how these cases get solved!

JD
Special Agent
Homeland Security Investigations
HSI St. Paul, MN

It appears to me that what is in the background is a camper. It looks like there are windows to the right of the door and this would be where the overhead bunk area would be up and over the drivers head - maybe even a 5th wheel type? The door to the left of that appears to be an aluminum door like campers have.

The only thing I can come up with for the machine is some sort of counting device. Maybe a ticket dispenser or counter? Like the small tickets at carnivals that are supplied in a roll? I looked at gaming machines and ticket dispensers and counters but could not find anything like this machine quickly. Does it look like there is a roll of tickets on that machine?

I thought of maybe writing to different machine companies to see if anybody might be able to identify the machine. I also thought of putting it on my FB to see if anybody could ID the young man or the machine. That little area that sticks up the highest just looks like the exact size of those tickets to me and it appears to have numbers that can be changed or something???. Maybe it is some kind of stamping machine. I'll see what I can find in stamping equipment.

Not much help but for whatever it is worth, just my .02.

ETA: Those adjustable poles do look exactly like what we have on our awnings.

Beautiful job RCaldwell-would you mind redacting the agent's direct contact info from your post and your name?

We want you to be safe and we get all kinds of people who glean personal information from posts....

It is the season for the Summer Carnivals isn't it?
I know years back that they used to have Firemen's Parades and Carnivals up North in NY etc...I would assume they still do. I wonder if looking at pictures of carnivals would give me a picture of a machine like that?

I found this and want to leave it here in case it might be needed later.
It lists a lot of travelling Carnivals.
http://www.carnivalmidways.com/

can anyone do a side-by-side of the mystery boy when he is looking directly at the camera and the photo of Taylor in the Legends shirt?

I've never seen a closer match IMO

Let's get him on here...

20120619_111642_unknown-1_300.jpg

does this blow the margins?

Margins are fine for me.

I look at what I think is a camper behind him and the more I look at it it now looks like a pop-up camper shape. Maybe I should stop for a while, lol.

BBL

Could these photos be taken from a laptop which is sitting on the floor, and angled upwards? The camera in a laptop is often at the top of the inside lid. If the laptop was on the floor, this could explain the boy hunching forward in the first photo. Also, the machine, whatever it is, is at about his height as he sits on the floor.
Not sure, but just a thought.

I wondered if it was a cell phone video someone had uploaded to Shutterfly or a similar site. When I look at the pics my intuition tells me that it was someone who went to a carnival who saw this boy and was concerned about him. After uploading and viewing it again, they sent it in to LE. I hope he is found safe.

I have no helpful input other than I am praying hard right now.

I think the agents are hoping that someone can direct them to this child.
I pray they are able to get someone to say oh yes, that kid lives 2 doors down with the barking dog..

I also thought it was a boat with a motor behind him?

I logged on tonite hoping this one said "identified" ugh so very few UIP do we have alive, it would be nice to mark an alive one as "match"

But, alas, I don't think that is a cash or money machine because in the photo you can see a rod used as the turner thingy (like in a vice clamp).

Also, I too thought it looked like fiberglass from a boat!

I just wish ICE would let us know if the theory behind where he used to live was solely based on the t-shirt or not.

Can anyone find one news report of this child going missing? Plenty of poster of him, but I can't find a parent or guardian looking for him on or in the news. No Facebook or Myspace.
It's like someone called LE reported him gone and that was that..
I hope I am wrong, If this child is not Taylor we need a page for him here. He is not in WS search engine, prior to today.

I don't think anyone posted a lightened up version of the pic. We can see a little more of the background in this. Hope it's helpful.

I just noticed where an article said these photos were part of an online video. I can't imagine what this kid is doing, though. He looks either unhappy or concerned about something. I was wondering why Homeland Security would be involved. I didn't think Homeland Security dealt with things like child *advertiser censored* or child trafficking unless it involved another country or was somehow a risk to national security.

Attachments

• websleuths2.jpg
    websleuths2.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 143
Can anyone find one news report of this child going missing? Plenty of poster of him, but I can't find a parent or guardian looking for him on or in the news. No Facebook or Myspace.
It's like someone called LE reported him gone and that was that..
I hope I am wrong, If this child is not Taylor we need a page for him here. He is not in WS search engine, prior to today.

I did find an old Myspace of Taylor's. I didn't link it because there is only the profile photo...no comments or anything relevant. And the site was last accessed in 2009...and the photo is of a younger Taylor than the photos we already have...although by looking at the photo it seems obvious to me that it's him. but a search under his name and myspace should bring it up.

I had my husband look at the pics. He zoomed in and determined that the side beams are supporting wooden joists. There is a 2x4 underneath each joist. He said that that type of support is used to reinforce a concrete (or metal) ceiling. A wooden ceiling/floor would require more joists. He also noticed a large black hole on the right, top of the ceiling...possibly ventilation. He suggests that this could be a room under a garage or an underground bunker.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

I don't think anyone posted a lightened up version of the pic. We can see a little more of the background in this. Hope it's helpful.

I just noticed where an article said these photos were part of an online video. I can't imagine what this kid is doing, though. He looks either unhappy or concerned about something. I was wondering why Homeland Security would be involved. I didn't think Homeland Security dealt with things like child *advertiser censored* or child trafficking unless it involved another country or was somehow a risk to national security.

I don't think it's an online video. If you look at the pictures, particularly to the right side of the picture you can see the reflection of the camera. This would indicate that the camera was behind glass. I think he was at a bank drive up atm machine. They tend to be lower than the ones that you walk up to.

ETA: Never mind. I don't think it's an outside pic. If you look in the lower left corner you can see a light that looks like it's coming from down a hall. I still think the camera is behind glass.
MO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member