Found Deceased WI - Iliana Lily Peters, 10, left aunt's, didn't arr hm, bike fnd, Chippewa Falls, 24 Apr 22, *14yo charged* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

From the quoted MSM link dated 9/10/24:

The charge of first-degree intentional homicide begins in the adult criminal court system in Wisconsin.

<modsnip - posting more than 10% is a copyright violation - see link>

[..]

Court records do not show any future court dates currently scheduled for C.P.B.

Last edited by a moderator:
The charge of first-degree intentional homicide begins in the adult criminal court system in Wisconsin.
^^rsbm

I have a new appreciation for the WI legislature who determined that the crime charged should determine the jurisdiction of minors, and not the age of the defendant.

WI is the only State I'm aware of where children age 10 and above charged with murder begin in adult criminal court system and must "reverse-petition" the Court if they want to be to be heard in juvenile Court.

Following a horrific tragedy in Augusta, KS where two 13 yr old girls (now age 14) murdered Mrs. Joanne Johnson, age 93, still living in her own home, using an axe. :mad:

The murder occurred Labor Day weekend 2023 but the arrests were made only a few weeks ago in August 2024.

Kansas law prohibits any party age 14 and under from being tried in adult Court.

"Jojo" Johnson

No next hearing date yet - just docket update. I shall keep my eye out on this!

Court record
Date Event Court official Court reporter Amount
09-10-2024 Court of Appeals decision & order affirming
Additional text:
By the Court.-Order affirmed [Appeal denied]<<I put this in-not on the court site.

link: Wisconsin Circuit Court Access

From the quoted MSM link dated 9/10/24:

<modsnip - posting more than 10% is a copyright violation - see link>

[..]

Court records do not show any future court dates currently scheduled for C.P.B.

ACK!! Missed the quote from the article - and I can not access it over here.... :(

There is got to be more in that article then the one sentence they left...

ACK!! Missed the quote from the article - and I can not access it over here.... :(

There is got to be more in that article then the one sentence they left...
Clipped MSM just cited more about the defendant's confession and that there was no convincing evidence presented about mental defect.

As I've noted previously, WI is different than most states where a child as young as age 10 charged with murder starts in adult court and has to "reverse petition the Court to be sent to juvenile Court. In other words, the jurisdiction is based on the seriousness of the charge, and not the minors age.

Clipped MSM just cited more about the defendant's confession and that there was no convincing evidence presented about mental defect.

As I've noted previously, WI is different than most states where a child as young as age 10 charged with murder starts in adult court and has to "reverse petition the Court to be sent to juvenile Court. In other words, the jurisdiction is based on the seriousness of the charge, and not the minors age.

Thanks - and yes I saw where you wrote that about WI is different than most states. Still no updates for hearings today.

Thanks - and yes I saw where you wrote that about WI is different than most states. Still no updates for hearings today.
We know the State should have a ready calendar date since they were way off thinking there would be a decision by the appellate early July (four weeks)!

6/11/24

Judge Steven Gibbs ruled on January 22 that he should stay in an adult court, but the Wisconsin Court of Appeals agreed to hear an appeal by the defense.

@Seattle1 - DA Newell estimated the appeal would take about 4 weeks. That would bring us up to about July 11th.

Sep 12, 2024 Law&Crime Sidebar with Jesse Weber

A now-16-year-old Wisconsin boy is accused of killing 10-year-old Lily Peters and sexually assaulting her body before leaving her in a wooded area not far from her home. Attorneys for the teen, identified in court documents as C.T.P.-B., appealed a district court’s decision to keep their client’s case in adult court, arguing it should be moved to the juvenile court system. Law&Crime’s Jesse Weber discusses why the appeals court upheld the lower court’s decision with Tom Smith, a retired NYPD detective and co-host of the Gold Shields true crime podcast.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MABROUSSARD
Back