Found Deceased WI - Iliana Lily Peters, 10, left aunt's, didn't arr hm, bike fnd, Chippewa Falls, 24 Apr 22, *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm speculating about the following for the sole purpose of developing the victimology for 10 yr old Lily:

<modsnip>

According to the cause of death announced by the ME (blunt force trauma, strangulation), I see an impulsive act of aggression, using sticks and stones as fatal weapons.

By the neighbors' accounts, it was only hours earlier that witnesses saw Lily on rollerblades, happily laughing as she was being pulled by a youth known to her (speculating her pilot was the accused),

At this time, I'm still not seeing pent-up hatred and/or aggression for the victim. Instead, I think something following the joyful time as described by witnesses on Sunday afternoon, triggered the youth where he was seething when the pair headed to the trail.

Without additional case facts, I'm still inclined to believe that attacking Lily was more about the accused wanting to deeply injure somebody else (most likely a maternal figure), and where CPB saw this innocent, defenseless, little girl as nothing more than a sacrificial lamb and collateral damage. (His act is evidence he's devoid of caring for anybody but himself).

There's no doubt the accused never doubted he could overpower Lily.

<modsnip>

And I'm not seeing any hint of evidence that the accused was immediately suspected of causing Lily's death-- just the opposite:

I thought it significant when Chippewa Falls Police announced that the community should be on high alert, a killer on the loose, warning parents to take precautions to get their children to school, etc. Police really dislike using warning language when addressing the public.

Lastly, I suspect that about the time a search warrant was being served at the accused's residence, I think he was probably confessing to an adult who immediately contacted authorities and turned him in.

This was definitely not a situation where a lawyer was first contacted and where the accused received any counseling prior to his arrest-- or had an attorney present during questioning.

In fact, it seems to me the family was in such shock and despair that there was little time to react to the youth's arrest, as evidenced by the defense's request for a delay (until May 5) to name and/or appoint defense counsel for the youth.

I'm shattered about this senseless crime.

In fact, two children were lost last Sunday. My condolences to their families and the community.

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Mom rips trolls for 'judging her family' after daughter, 10, '

4/28/22

"What makes zero sense is how quickly you judge my family based on a timeline and assumptions u (sic) can only speculate on since its privy to the investigation that those details not be released," Lily's mother Jennifer Eyerly said in a social media post.

"As Lily's mother, I can only say I am ashamed of you folks out there judging us from behind a screen!

"I hope you never ever endure this kind of heartache! If you cannot offer kindness, don't offer anything. My daughter was kind!

"If you truly want to be part of bringing justice ... you can do right by my daughter and model something she lived by .... kindness!"

“I Wish” by #LilyPeters
I wish to jump so high & touch the stars
I wish there was only Spring & Summer
No Fall No Winter
I wish people were kind to each other
I wish everybody was respectful
I wish that people would stop littering
I wish there was peace in this world

1:52 PM · Apr 30, 2022·

Last edited:
Good article about teen rape culture.

The trouble with boys: what lies behind the flood of teenage sexual assault stories?

“Boys get rewards or punishments based on how successfully they perform their gender. They get compliments, social capital, even Instagram likes when they get it right, or inversely they get frowned upon, excluded and bullied when they get it wrong. Through these interactions, sometimes young men learn that the most valued masculinity is that with an aggressive heterosexuality.

“Research shows us that in many social environments, masculinity is seen as successful when it’s paired with a kind of misogyny – things like rating girls’ appearances or sexual performances in chat groups, taking and sharing non-consensual images of girls, or daring friends to perform sexual acts with particular girls or women, sometimes without consent,” Rawlings says.

…. “It’s not that all masculinity is the problem,” she says. “Masculinity is just a social construct – so we need to pay attention to when it’s constructed in a very narrow, reductive way that encourages violence.”

In Lily's particular case, I fail to see how an Amber Alert may have saved her life, as, by the time her father reported her missing, she was surely already dead, but her death does seem to have sparked a groundswell of support, at least locally, for changes. This was discussed here at some length a couple days ago, but just added newest article here.

Lily Peters' death prompts discussion of Amber Alert requirements | kare11.com

Would an adult been present with him during the questioning that led to his confession? Or was he alone? Is it required to be recorded?

According to WI law, a minor can be questioned by LE without the consent of a parent or guardian. We have no idea of the circumstances of the youth's arrest or what went down.

D. Are children required to cooperate with police questioning?

No. The United States and Wisconsin constitutions provide a right to remain silent in the face of police questioning. Thus, the police may not force anyone, adult or child, to answer questions. However, the courts also recognize that the police need to rely on cooperation from persons with information about criminal activity. Also, the police may be able to solve serious crimes by obtaining confessions from the guilty parties. Thus, the police have a range of permissible tactics to try to convince suspects to answer questions truthfully.

G. Do parents need to be present for questioning?

Wisconsin law requires the juvenile court intake worker (see section III A) to notify parents soon after their child is taken into custody. This law, however, does not prohibit police questioning of a child without either parent present. If the child asks to call his or her parents, the police do not necessarily have to stop questioning. However, by refusing to allow a call to parents, the police risk having a court conclude that the child’s decision to answer questions was the result of coercion (see previous subsection). The police do not need parental permission to question a child, although in many cases they may decide to seek permission.

https://pdf.countyofdane.com/juvenileCourt/Teens_in_the_Law.pdf

Lily was most likely already dead when she was reported missing, at that point, nothing could've helped her.

It's really easy to blame X, Y and Z after the fact. No matter how these families may have been convulted, they lost Lily to a terrible, awful crime. And C.P-B.'s family obviously lost him too in a way.

I have to wonder if the autopsy can determine if the SA occurred minutes before or minutes after death.

Based on how long it takes to manually strangle someone, plus CPB being 14 and likely not knowing how to check for a pulse, if she lost consciousness and he assaulted her, then continued to beat with the “stick” or other tool, he might have thought she was dead before she actually was. That just makes more sense to me than him killing then SA in that order.

I have to wonder if the autopsy can determine if the SA occurred minutes before or minutes after death.

Based on how long it takes to manually strangle someone, plus CPB being 14 and likely not knowing how to check for a pulse, if she lost consciousness and he assaulted her, then continued to beat with the “stick” or other tool, he might have thought she was dead before she actually was. That just makes more sense to me than him killing then SA in that order.

These things never make sense.

Mom rips trolls for 'judging her family' after daughter, 10, '

4/28/22

"What makes zero sense is how quickly you judge my family based on a timeline and assumptions u (sic) can only speculate on since its privy to the investigation that those details not be released," Lily's mother Jennifer Eyerly said in a social media post.

"As Lily's mother, I can only say I am ashamed of you folks out there judging us from behind a screen!"

[snipped for brevity]

<modsnip>
People aren't perfect. Whatever other mistakes her parents made, I've not seen one thing to indicate that they weren't doing their best as parents.

Stepping off my soapbox now. To quote Lily, "I wish people were kind to each other."

Rest in peace, dear child.

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I meant to infer that the parents of minor offenders are to be considered victims for the purposes of this forum's victim friendly rule?

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing known victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is known to be relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, or others who have not been officially designated by law enforcement or in mainstream media as a Person of Interest or suspect is not allowed (i.e. Sleuthing out this type of information, and publicly posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public is not allowed and such posts will be removed, along with any posts that encourage such sleuthing).

This does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media. Members may reasonably discuss what is said in MSM by them or about them, but do not make random accusations, insinuations, suggest their involvement, trash, bash or attack them, or speculate negatively about them.
Rules - Etiquette & Information

I am not complaining, merely making an observation. There really is basically nothing left at this time that we can discuss, and haven't, without running afoul of TOS. Perhaps if and when the time may come that the suspect is named in MSM, we may be able to discuss more, but for now, I, like many, am just sitting on my hands. JMO

Last edited:
Court Link:
Wisconsin Circuit Court Access

Chippewa County Case Number 2022CF000265 State of Wisconsin vs. C.T.P.-B.

DA case number: 2022CH000825
Prosecuting Attorney: Wade Newell
Official: Benjamin J. Lane
Next Court Appearance: 5/5 - Status Hearing 3:30 pm

Don't want to be "nit-picky" - but the hearing is a Review hearing.... :)

Court activities
Date Time Location Description Type Court official
05-05-2022 03:30 pm Chippewa County Courthouse, Branch 3 Review hearing Court Lane, Benjamin J.

link: Wisconsin Circuit Court Access

and THANKS! for the link to his case! :)

Don't want to be "nit-picky" - but the hearing is a Review hearing.... :)

Court activities
Date Time Location Description Type Court official
05-05-2022 03:30 pm Chippewa County Courthouse, Branch 3 Review hearing Court Lane, Benjamin J.

link: Wisconsin Circuit Court Access

and THANKS! for the link to his case! :)

Thanks - I'll update my notes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member