WI WI - James Yoblonski, 13, took family's car, found on USH 12, may be in Devil's Lake State Park area, Baraboo, 12 Jun 2023 *reward*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

June 14, 2024

The balloons’ messages conveyed love for James and wishes for his return. William Yoblonski said he has had a lack of sleep over the past year and his two sons have dealt with anger management issues due to their grief over James’ disappearance.

“We miss you James, and we would love to have you back,” Will Yoblonski (brother) said.

Ryan Yoblonski (brother) said James was acting “a little odd” before leaving shortly after midnight on June 12, 2023, but he figured it was just James “growing up.” Ryan said he is annoyed that James did not talk to any family members about possible plans for leaving.

“That night, I was talking to my friend on my watch using FaceTime audio until about 10:30,” Ryan said. “I was fast asleep by the time he decided to open the door and walk out the door. If I wasn’t (asleep), I probably would have been able to stop him.”
He said plays Call of Duty Mobile on his phone to help cope with his brother’s disappearance.

More at link.

Circumstances of Disappearance:
James Yoblonski was reported missing around 9 a.m. on Monday, June 12, after leaving in a family vehicle. It was later found parked along the westbound lane of Highway 12, near Baraboo Bluffs. His cell phone was found across the highway, along the eastbound lanes. Sauk Co. Sheriff Chip Meister reported a handgun was missing from the family's home. The search for James lasted for about four days, and the ground search transitioned to patrol searches. Due to the dangerous terrain, law enforcement has advised the public against searching for the boy themselves.

Additional Details:
Investigators with the Sauk County Sheriff’s Office have conducted searches on several electronic devices believed to have been in James Yoblonski’s possession prior to his disappearance. In the early months of 2023 two searches were conducted using the device’s web browser regarding means of traveling out of state. One of these devices is owned by the Yoblonski family and the other is a device that was issued to James by the Baraboo School District. There were also several internet searches located of physical locations inside the State of Wisconsin. Investigators have followed up with each of these browser searches including physical searches of several areas. These follow ups have not produced any evidence that James was ever physically present at these locations after his disappearance.

Case Last Updated:
Jul 16, 2024

yoblonski_james.jpg
yoblonski_james2.jpg
yoblonski_james3.jpg
yoblonski_james4.jpg
yoblonski_james5.jpg

James, circa 2023
  • Missing Since 06/12/2023
  • Missing From Baraboo, Wisconsin
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Age 13 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'11, 120 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A shirt, blue jeans, red shoes and a baseball cap. Wearing a backpack and carrying two bags.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes. James has a half-inch scar on the back of his neck.

Details of Disappearance​

James was last seen in Barabaoo, Wisconsin on June 12, 2023. He left his family's home in Reedsburg, Wisconsin at close to 1:00 a.m., driving the family van. He took his father's cellular phone with him. He was reported missing at 9:00 a.m. Authorities later determined he drove around for several hours after leaving, and stopped at his father's business in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin twice.

Later that day, the van was found along the westbound lane of Highway 12 near Baraboo Bluffs, close to Devil's Lake State Park. Across the highway, up a steep hill along the eastbound lane, was James's father's cellular phone and some of James's belongings at a makeshift campsite. This is a very remote and rugged area.

Investigators believe James may be trying to live off the land as a survivalist. Two wilderness survival guides and a handgun disappeared from his family's home at the same time he did, and authorities found a second campsite in Devil's Lake State Park with a jug of water, socks and a knife sheath which they believe belonged to James. In the early months of 2023, prior to James's disappearance, web searches about how to leave the state were made on two electronic devices James had access to.

James's father believes he may have been lured away by someone, as he doesn't think his son would have run away without telling anyone and James was looking forward to an upcoming camping, hunting and fishing trip with his father. His case remains unsolved.

Last updated August 17, 2024; casefile added.​

yoblonski_james.jpg
yoblonski_james2.jpg
yoblonski_james3.jpg
yoblonski_james4.jpg
yoblonski_james5.jpg

James, circa 2023
  • Missing Since 06/12/2023
  • Missing From Baraboo, Wisconsin
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Age 13 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'11, 120 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A shirt, blue jeans, red shoes and a baseball cap. Wearing a backpack and carrying two bags.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes. James has a half-inch scar on the back of his neck.

Details of Disappearance​

James was last seen in Barabaoo, Wisconsin on June 12, 2023. He left his family's home in Reedsburg, Wisconsin at close to 1:00 a.m., driving the family van. He took his father's cellular phone with him. He was reported missing at 9:00 a.m. Authorities later determined he drove around for several hours after leaving, and stopped at his father's business in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin twice.

Later that day, the van was found along the westbound lane of Highway 12 near Baraboo Bluffs, close to Devil's Lake State Park. Across the highway, up a steep hill along the eastbound lane, was James's father's cellular phone and some of James's belongings at a makeshift campsite. This is a very remote and rugged area.

Investigators believe James may be trying to live off the land as a survivalist. Two wilderness survival guides and a handgun disappeared from his family's home at the same time he did, and authorities found a second campsite in Devil's Lake State Park with a jug of water, socks and a knife sheath which they believe belonged to James. In the early months of 2023, prior to James's disappearance, web searches about how to leave the state were made on two electronic devices James had access to.

James's father believes he may have been lured away by someone, as he doesn't think his son would have run away without telling anyone and James was looking forward to an upcoming camping, hunting and fishing trip with his father. His case remains unsolved.

Last updated August 17, 2024; casefile added.​

Some pictures that don't look airbrushed! After a year!

I've wondered about the airbrushed-looking photos from the beginning
I don't think there's a conspiracy about the airbrushing... I think it was just a school photo that was airbrushed that they chose for release, but it was really strange not to have a number of pictures with different angles and expressions, as we see they have now. It's something I've seen in most missing child cases where the family has taken pictures of their kid semi regularly. The exception seems to be cases of foster kids or abused kids, which James doesn't seem to have been.

For a comparison, just think of how many pictures we've seen of Sebastian Rogers, another teen missing under mysterious circumstances. Plenty.

MOO

Also, I think the thing that makes the airbrushed picture slightly unsettling is that the way the airbrushing has been done makes it look fake, or, more accurately, created. It really reminds me strongly of the NCMEC recons that are photorealistic, especially the 'aged up' versions of missing kids.

So my brain sees it and defaults to 'that's not real, it's just a recon/guess', because that's what an image that looks like that usually means in the context of this forum. Even though this image is not a recon, just airbrushed... badly.

MOO

Also, I think the thing that makes the airbrushed picture slightly unsettling is that the way the airbrushing has been done makes it look fake, or, more accurately, created. It really reminds me strongly of the NCMEC recons that are photorealistic, especially the 'aged up' versions of missing kids.

So my brain sees it and defaults to 'that's not real, it's just a recon/guess', because that's what an image that looks like that usually means in the context of this forum. Even though this image is not a recon, just airbrushed... badly.

MOO
You’re dead on, that’s exactly what it reminds me of, the technologically created “aged up” pictures! Each time I’ve seen that photo of James it’s like he’s not quite real. Eerie.

I find the apparent lack of urgency from LE strange as well.

Investigators believe James may be trying to live off the land as a survivalist.

I mean, really (LE, not you, Pommy)?! He’s 13. It’s been over a year. How does that make sense?

I wonder if they secretly think it’s some sort of family issue, but James’ father seems to think it’s an abduction. Did they ever get his cell records, do we know?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slowloris
Back