WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron,Media, Maps and Timelines *NO DISCUSSION*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JAN 11, 2019
Northern Wisconsin residents describe the moments they found Jayme Closs

Jayme told the K's that she didn’t know where she was or anything about Gordon. From what she told them, they believe she was there for most of her disappearance.

Late Thursday, investigators blocked all streets leading to a cabin in the 14100 block of S. Eau Claire Acres Circle as they combed for evidence. The residence is believed to be that of the 21-year-old suspect, who is reportedly being held in the Douglas County jail.

SA, Jayme’s aunt, overwhelmed and crying, could barely express her joy after learning the news. “Praise the Lord,” she said during a phone interview, between sobs. “It’s the news we’ve been waiting on for three months. I can’t wait to get my arms around her. I just can’t wait.”

SA said she and other family members didn’t have a lot of details about what happened, and they were asked by authorities not to say too much about what they do know.

“That was just fake stuff that was out there,” Jayme’s grandfather, RN, said by phone late Thursday. But the news he got about 7 p.m. was real, he said.

“I’m going to hug her. Squeeze her,” RN said, his voice cracking. “I’ve been in the dumpster for three months.”

11 Jan 2018

Jayme Closs has been located

On Thursday evening the Barron County Sheriff’s Department was notified by the Douglas CO WI Sheriff’s Department that they had located Jayme Closs alive.

Shortly after this a suspect was taken into custody in regards to this case. We do not any other details at this time as this is a very fluid and active investigation. We will not be answering any questions or taking calls on this tonight.

We are planning a press briefing approximately 10 am tomorrow at the Sheriff’s Department in Barron. We are receiving support from the FBI and WI DCI agents as this investigation continues.

We want to thank the Douglas Co Sheriff’s Department and agencies assisting them tonight. We also want to thank all the Law Enforcement agencies across the state and county that have assisted us in this case. We also could not have endured this case without the support of the public and I want to thank them for all the support and help.

Finally we want to especially thank the family for their support and patience while this case was ongoing. We promised to bring Jayme home and tonight we get to fulfill that promise. From the bottom of my heart THANK YOU!

This case has been very trying on the family so please respect their privacy and we reunite them later tonight.

Sheriff Fitzgerald

Barron County Sheriff's Department
This is the best news ever!!!!!

JAN 11, 2019
http://www.fox9.com/news/patty-wetterling-to-jayme-closs-family-hold-on-and-stay-strong-
Patty Wetterling said she was “dancing around” when she heard the news Thursday night that 13-year-old Jayme Closs had been found alive after nearly three months.

Wetterling’s son, Jacob, was abducted in St. Joseph, Minnesota in 1989. His body was found in 2016 after his killer, Danny Heinrich, confessed.

“It’s hard to explain, it is really hard to explain because my hope was real and it’s real for every searching parent until you know that it’s not," she said. "For them, it’s real today and you can go forward from here. I’m so happy.”

Wetterling was at a board meeting for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children in Washington, D.C. when she heard that Jayme had been found.

“I have said for a very long time I think she’s alive because if she was dead, they would have found her and they are already had a crime scene with the parents being dead and I think she was the target and she’s alive,” Wetterling said. “That was our prayer for so many years and it’s my continued prayer for missing kids out there, that many of them are still alive.”

When asked what she would tell Jayme’s extended family, Wetterling said she would tell them to stay strong for her as they piece together what happened.

Missing Jayme Closs is found ALIVE in Douglas County, Wisconsin | Daily Mail Online

[...]

The dogwalker, who has requested to remain anonymous, went with Jayme to her neighbors house and pounded on their door.

Kristin and Peter Kasinskas say their neighbor had a skinny, dirty girl with matted hair, wearing shoes several sizes too big for her feet standing next to her. The neighbor shouted, 'This is Jayme Closs! Call 911!'
upload_2019-1-11_13-19-9.jpeg

[...]

JAN 11, 2019
Jayme Closs: Couple describes how missing teen ended up at their door - CNN
KK was at home Thursday evening when someone pounded on the door. When she opened it, her neighbor was standing next to a skinny girl with unkempt hair and oversized shoes.

"This is Jayme Closs!" the neighbor said, according to an account K's gave to the Star Tribune in Minneapolis. "Call 911!"

With those words, the frantic search for Jayme ended 87 days after she vanished on October 15, the same night police found her parents dead in their home near Barron, Wisconsin. She was located Thursday in the Wisconsin town of Gordon -- about 70 miles north of where she was last seen.

As the stunned neighbors stood at the door, Jayme did not say a word.

The neighbor was walking her dog when Jayme approached and asked for help, according to KK, a local teacher.

The woman was so unnerved, she did not want to be identified, the Star Tribune reported. She told the paper that when Jayme walked up to her, she immediately knew who she was.

They rushed to the nearest home, which happened to be that of the K's. As they waited for authorities, Jayme declined food and water, and instead met the family's puppy.

"I honestly still think I'm dreaming right now. It was like I was seeing a ghost," her husband, PK told the paper.

(names changed to initials)

Last edited:
JAN 11, 2019
'Call 911': Neighbor speaks about finding missing teen whose parents were murdered
"I think [Jayme] looks thinner than what her pictures showed," K said. "She definitely looked unkempt, kind of -- she didn't have shoes that were hers. She was wearing really big shoes that she obviously took from wherever she came from. She looked, overall, in good condition, just a little unclean, like she'd been held captive."

On Thursday, K said she and the neighbor sat Jayme on a couch and called 911, with someone staying on the line with them until police arrived and took her to a hospital about half an hour later. In the meantime, they talked, Kasinskas added.

"She was very sweet," K said. "I asked her some questions about if she'd ever heard of Gordon, Wisconsin. She had not. Stuff like that. Not anything real specific, but she did talk to us a little, talked to my kids a little bit. I introduced her to my new puppy. We kept it very simple and just very calm until the cops got here to take her."

Jayme told the women she had been at a house a few down from Ks' and that she hadn't known the person who was holding her, K's recalled, but that it was the same person who killed her parents.

"We probably have walked our dog by that house on numerous occasions," K said, although she added she was not familiar with who lived there.

(names changed to initials by me)

JAN 11, 2019
Elizabeth Smart: 'What a miracle!!! Jayme Closs has been found'
Elizabeth Smart, an outspoken advocate on kidnapping after her much publicized captivity in 2002 shook the nation, called it a miracle Friday that Wisconsin teen Jayme Closs has been found alive.

Smart posted on Instagram: "What a brave, strong, and powerful survivor!!!! No matter what may unfold in her story let’s all try to remember that this young woman has SURVIVED and whatever other details may surface the most important will still remain that she is alive."

“When I look in the mirror, I also see a mother and a wife, and someone I am proud to be,” she said in an interview in March. “I see an advocate. I see a survivor.”

Even with all the terrible things that happened to her, Smart told the Arizona Republic that in many ways, she was lucky.

Smart concluded her Instagram post with a powerful message: "May god bless you Jayme Closs and may we all continue to search for every missing child."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enteringnightshift
Back