Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really, really old item in this case Rhen. Goes back to the first month of the case. They brought in a dog that specializes in sniffing out electronic devices. The dog found "a tablet". That's all that has ever been said about it, and it likely meant nothing. A lot of people keep old or outdated or damaged devices around, toss em in a box, put in a drawer, whatever.
Thank you for your reply.

Plus this is literally called websleuths. If we aren’t on the web doing sleuth work and assisting each other with people involved then what is the point of this anymore?
I think patience until more details come out of this case might help too. We can't know everything yet, as the recovery of Jayme has just only been announced. JMO

Long time viewer but first time poster, have to say like many of you I'm overjoyed by the news. Been following this case closely since it happened and with the Hania Aguilar case it's hard not to fear the worst. I just hope that Jayme is now allowed to heal and is given space by media, of course they'll want all the details but she's a 13 year old girl whose been through something none of us can truly imagine. It's going to be a long process of recovery for the poor girl, wishing her all the best.

21 year old. Wonder if that is the same guy that came to the house to steal Jamie’s panties?

Thank you for your clarification. I do/did take "clinical and detached" as a criticism as a result of previous posts by others which suggested that wanting to know and see every bit about this case was somehow voyeuristic or insensitive to the victim when in fact wanting that information has nothing to do with any insensitivity toward the victim and everything to do with crime sleuthing. Clearly there are some that just do not get that and that is fine and I really am done caring about it or trying to explain. On the other hand I understand completely your need to be clinical and detached given your history as an EMT. I applaud you, I could not do your job. Respectfully.
Personally, I find it difficult to find a middle ground between the emotional side and the sleuthing (or clinical) side, and tend to bounce back and forth between the two, so either way feels hypocritical. I respect those of you who can stick to the middle.

They haven’t released it. You could poke around on your own but promise not to post any finding here until they have been identified by LE.

I started here:
Corrections Division | Douglas County Sheriff's Office | Roseburg, Oregon
And looked at arrests/books for today and yesterday. I can’t say I found anything but it’s interesting to read the profiles. Also, posted photos and wonder if a person would be forced to shave after all that time of being in the woods/cabin or if they would have been up on hygiene. The article posted just above a couple of blocks said Jayme’s hair was matted and she was dirty. And it makes me wonder if the suspect would be showered or shaved for evidence.

Edit- to add suspect instead of word perp.
Your link is for Douglas county in Oregon

I signed up just so I could say this. The speculation about the 17 year old in custody and his brother, printed by another site, is wrong--and I cannot believe that people think LE is so stupid as to put a suspect that has not yet been revealed on the jail's booking page. Hint: They don't.
Sleuthing is all well and good, but nobody should be publicly accused of a crime, especially with links to their FB pages and family, unless there is actual evidence.
My in-laws own a cabin a few miles away from Eau Claire Circle S. Even in that teeny town, even on that street, people aren't quite sure who was arrested. The house in question has a lot of people in and out of it, all year long.
Six more hours until LE releases the name. It's really not that long to wait.

I just woke up for the day and turned on the news and got my coffee. In a crazy surreal moment after sitting down I see Jayme's beautiful face saying she has been found alive. I cried, I am sooooo happy. I know she has long road to recovery mentally and emotionally BUT she is alive!!!

My in-laws own a cabin a few miles away from Eau Claire Circle S. Even in that teeny town, even on that street, people aren't quite sure who was arrested. The house in question has a lot of people in and out of it, all year long.

I don't like the sound of that.

In the past, we've speculated whether or not the perp followed the case on SM or even here on WS. I'm really interested in knowing if that happened with this one. With the speculation being that this perp was in his early 20s, it's not out of the question to think he may have had a SM account. If so, it would've been hard NOT to see a lot of the posts, memes, etc. that got passed around. SM wise, there were some pretty interesting things being posted at times, usually shrugged off as trolls doing their trolling, but there's always a chance of it NOT being one.

No real way of knowing whether this happened or not, but one day I'd really like to see an interview where the person charged with the crime talked about what it was like to see all the speculations and theories floating around. Kind of a "Tell Tale Heart".

I don't like the sound of that.
It's not uncommon for family owned cabins to have frequent visitors. Gordon is big on winter and summer sports. Snowmobiling is huge, so is hunting and fishing. My in-laws stay in their cabin about 5 months a year. The rest of the year, they let friends and family stay whenever they want a getaway.

I most want to know, what was the connection or motive. Was it Jenny-O, road rage, which of all the theories floated here was the reason. I read here that a family member said they did not recognize the name. Could this truly have been totally random? Amazing, if that turns out to be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13