Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't find my eye drops for the life of me... i look like I drank a handle last night from staying up all night

I was about to go to bed when a friend of mine broke the news to me. I screamed in joy. I couldn't sleep for hours after that. Lucky I have coffee and tea to keep me going this morning.

YES! This is exactly my thought! I was so happy to see the top story online this morning (I crashed early last night!)
I feel that is highly likely but either way she is innocent. Being a child and naive to the world she may have vented to an individual or was catfished in a way. Perhaps the suspect looks closer to a teen than his 20’s and it was innocent online talking in her mind. Many different possibilities of course but no doubt she is innocent no matter the angle, she’s just a child. Jmo

I was in the break room this morning finishing a 12 hour shift and looked up to the news headline that Jayme Was Found Alive!! I immediately got chills all over my body. I can't believe it! I am so incredibly happy and so incredibly sad at the same time. May justice be served and healing begin <3

We have all been rooting for you, Jayme!

Praise God!!!

Wasnt she found 70 miles away from her home? No wonder they couldn't find Jayme. That is like looking for a needle in a haystack and never knowing the haystack isnt even close by but 70 miles away!

It was a miracle she finally got the opportunity to escape.

I'm so happy for sweet Jayme and her love ones. Their prayers were answered and so were all of ours.

I have such happiness knowing Jayme is alive yet sadness overwhelms me as well.

Jim and Denise should be there to welcome their baby girl home and it breaks my heart they never got that chance.

I always have believed they were murdered in cold blood because they would both have fought to their death protecting precious Jayme.

In all of the happiness there is so much heartbreak as well knowing two good loving parents were killed in cold blood through no fault of their own. They must never be forgotten.

I am sure Jayme's strong faith in God sustained her during the time of her agonizing ordeal.

Imo she clung to the hope if she could escape one day she would be the one to see her parents got justice for being cruelly murdered.

It does bother me greatly about the trauma Jayme has had to endure.

It's very troublesome that several were seen coming in and out of the home where she had been held captive.

It gives me chilling flashbacks of the Holly Bobo case where many men were coming in and out of Zach Adam's home during the time he had kidnapped her.

The motive was to sexually assault Jayme. Unfortunately for so many that is always the motivating factor including cases where other victims inside the home were killed before leaving with the kidnapped child or children.

I just saw a case somewhat similiar to Jayme's case on ID. A man came inside a home getting the three very young girls to go with him and they left with him. He raped one of the young girls right in front of the other two. He wound up murdering both of their parents and 2 little brothers who were inside of their home.

Thankfully when he left the 3 young girls alone in the woods they did not stay where he told them to stay and were saved. Imo he was planning on returning to rape again and imo he would have then murdered them all. He was a neighbor. So murdering victims in order to rape a victim is more common than some may think.

At this time though I'm not sure this suspect knew this family personally. They certainly dont have to know the victims to carry out something like this and ID true crime cases sadly shows that doesn't have to be the case.

Praying for Jayme and all of her relieved elated family!!

Jmo
I didn’t see anything that stated many were coming in and out of the home? Can you link it? That’s news to me

It’s interesting that this and other articles imply that LE found Jayme through their investigation. Sounds to me like she rescued herself. Clearly, they had no idea where she was. Not a criticism, just want to give Jayme credit. What an amazing little girl!

I woke up feeling incredibly proud of Jayme. <3

Thinking about possible routes from the Closs home to Eau Claire Acres, and the main route seems to be straight up Route 53. That would require the perps to leave Eastward, which is opposite from what would be expected.

However, I'm wondering if they went North on 13th Street to hit 15th or 18th before heading East to Route 53. It would bypass the incoming Barron PD responders (presumably coming down Hwy 8), and it would take them right past the vicinity of the intersection where the 2000 people search was coordinated. Perhaps LE had a rhyme to their reasoning for searching that area.

Morning All.. still stunned by this outcome but in a good way..

Does anyone have any links for the presser yet? @PommyMommy is usually the best at that and just checking I haven’t missed them? Thanks xx
Good morning UKslueth, I'm way behind so this may have already been answered, but here is one that I have. I'm sure all the local stations will carry it.

WATCH LIVE at 10 a.m.: Jayme Closs Found Alive/Sheriff Press Conference

Press Conference January 11, 2019
10 am CST
8 am PST
9 am MT
11 am ET

Found Alive - WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #33

In every case of missing, middle class young girls or women trafficking is brought up. It is pretty much never the case. Sex trafficking is not common unless the victim fits several of the demographics below:

1. Low income
2. Person of color
3. LGBTQ youth.
4. History of child abuse/neglect.
5. Other family dysfunction like domestic violence/addiction in the family.
6. Victim has drug and/or alcohol abuse issues.
7. Victims has mental illness.
8. Victim is a runaway.
9. Victim is a prostitute.

Not once have I ever heard of a case in which traffickers broke into a home of a middle class family, murdered some of the occupants and stole a child to traffic her.

This case doesn't fit the characteristics. Not close.

It does, however, fit with other cases we've heard or where a bizarre and deadly, lunatic stranger who intended to steal a child (Groene case and the Ohio "tree" case) and/or someone known to the family who becomes fixated on a child, and kills the parent(s)/siblings/occupants so they can take the child with them.

Like @MassGuy said, a kid everyone is looking for is not who is trafficked.

Instead, kids who are trafficked are forgotten souls whose families have a hard time getting support or media attention, if they're looking at all.

Does that mean that she was only harmed by one person? No. But that still wouldn't make this a sex trafficking case.

While not quite the same....Johnny Gosch.

I am still so elated that Jayme has been found but I also feel so nervous about what details will eventually emerge about what she has endured over the last few months. I just hope and pray that she gets all the help and support that she needs to eventually move on from this. I wish I could help in some way.

I think he will be charged with crimes in Douglas as will. Murder and abduction in Barron, but imprisonment and a list of other charges will mostly be brought up in Douglas so I think an he will be not be moved until after a hearing or two.. The investigators have all the time they need before filing any murder charges because he will not be going anywhere and he is available for unlimited questioning at the moment.
No need to charge in both counties because it is the State that does the prosecuting. I think the suspect is already in Barron or at another jail for safe keeping. Mollie Tibbett's killer was held at a jail in another county. JMO

I am still so elated that Jayme has been found but I also feel so nervous about what details will eventually emerge about what she has endured over the last few months. I just hope and pray that she gets all the help and support that she needs to eventually move on from this. I wish I could help in some way.
I know how you feel. I'm hoping the news conference will give us some ways that we can help the Closs family, both long term and short term.

I took the context is that statement to say the home was known in the last to have run in with the law and people were seen to be in and out in general, prior to this case.

I wonder if LE take things like this into consideration. They ask the public to see if they notice someone who suddenly has changed their routine. Would it be weird as an investigator to say, "Hmm...we're out at that place at least once a week, but in 3 months we haven't heard a peep from them." Noticing known criminals suddenly changing their routine during an investigation like this could help in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member