Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope not, if so, it was leaked somehow. Juvie records should never be "found out".

This goes by state law. Many states aren't even expunging juvenile records anymore and you have to have a court process to review and decide if it will be removed or not.

As it is, Wisconsin still seals those records except in some cases of serious felony. However, they are SEALED and still accessible to law enforcement. In cases like this, if there was a juvenile record, Fitzgerald could choose to report on it.

For those suggesting that the alleged perp's looks correlate with his possibly being a violent incel, I would just like to point out that Israel Keyes was good-looking (in my opinion) and well-liked, and so was Ted Bundy.

One of Israel Keyes' victims said "You're a good-looking guy...I would probably have gone out with you...you don't have to do this." He had a fiance AND a girlfriend.

It's not necessarily he's looks, it's his actions.

I am so confused. Maybe someone can help me out here. So on the TODAY show they interviewed the woman that called 911 after Jayme was brought to her house. She said in the interview that Jayme was locked up most of the time that she was kidnapped. Sounds to me like they locked her places based on what the woman said. In the press conference LE says that Jayme gave full description of vehicle and gave them the perps name. My question is if she was taken at night wouldn't this be harder for her to get full description of the vehicle? Also I wonder how she knew his full name. Does this mean that Jayme knew him since has connections to Barron?

The caller said Jayme told her he hid her when others were around or when he had to go somewhere. I'm listening to the call on CNN right now. She also said Jayme told her the color of her vehicle, not sure about a full description, maybe she could give that to the police?

Live updates: Missing teen Jayme Closs found alive - CNN

For those suggesting that the alleged perp's looks correlate with his possibly being a violent incel, I would just like to point out that Israel Keyes was good-looking (in my opinion) and well-liked, and so was Ted Bundy.

One of Israel Keyes' victims said "You're a good-looking guy...I would probably have gone out with you...you don't have to do this." He had a fiance AND a girlfriend.
If he had a fiance and a girlfriend then how could he be considered an incel? Whatever, I'm intrigued by the subject and see quite a few instances of violence where the characteristics apply to the perp but I guess I just don't see them in the men mentioned above?

That's what is so terrifying about these crimes. Thankfully they are rare and this one had a partial good outcome. You go about your ordinary life, doing ordinary things. Until your not.

I am so confused. Maybe someone can help me out here. So on the TODAY show they interviewed the woman that called 911 after Jayme was brought to her house. She said in the interview that Jayme was locked up most of the time that she was kidnapped. Sounds to me like they locked her places based on what the woman said. In the press conference LE says that Jayme gave full description of vehicle and gave them the perps name. My question is if she was taken at night wouldn't this be harder for her to get full description of the vehicle? Also I wonder how she knew his full name. Does this mean that Jayme knew him since has connections to Barron?

Jayme reported to her rescuers that she did NOT know JP.

The "house" Jayme was likely kept in was pretty small. Most of the ones I can find in the area are slab cabin/cottages. There wouldn't be a basement. If he was keeping her in a room there was likely a window, Jayme would have been able to see the car in the driveway without much issue. As she left when he wasn't in the home ; I'm betting she could see the driveway from where she was kept and made sure he left before she ran.

Jayme could have easily known his name by him saying it or seeing mail or something in the home she was kept in.

But why not find a girl closer to home? And not risk that drive with his victim? He picked Jayme for a reason. But not living right there...how?

agree (as usual) with you. and not for nothing, but the closs's didn't seem all that extroverted or "out there" on social media. in the beginning of this case we sleuthed her online presence and it really wasn't much.

stalking a girl when you live 70 miles away, knowing her parents' work habits and her extracirricular activities would be awfully time-consuming.

his "tie to barron" might hold the key here. and does anyone know if they recovered a gun? yet?

Please tell us why he was mentioned.

May I ask how? If he made great measures to go undetected then how did some poster here know of his name?

But how could anyone have pulled this name out of a hat? From what LE has said so far there is no connection to jayme or her family and no criminal record.

No one “pulled his name out of a hat”.

Here’s how I found his name and address last night - might be useful for future reference for other sleuthers:

When it was first announced JC had been found, press gave the location and quoted a neighbour saying the house was one of the few year-round residences.

So I looked up the county property records & it was easy to filter out most of the street.

Then I excluded the properties owned by couples (who turned out to be the 2 sets of neighbours who helped JC).

By taking a quick look at the propertylayouts on a satellite map, I used “instinct” to guess it would be one of 2.

Then I used a regular search engine to find/cross-reference all names associated with those addresses/owners. Jake Patterson was the best “fit”

Anyway, it was all moot really because he’d already been arrested.

HOWEVER, the method stands for sleuthing generally in MP cases, if one is trying to track down rumours/hints. It has happened on a couple of occasions that WSers & I have found info that is useful, in which case we send it directly to LE and/or family (if appropriate).

I believe some very good late night sleuthing through property tax records and the process of elimination by age led some WS'ers to the name.
I recognise his face too and feel like I saw it on the roster last night.
He was logged in the county jail at about 8:45 pm, and some minor charges were listed so I didn't think it could be him. But I pondered over his photo, and the initials matched what someone had posted here.

Yes, it was, last night. I saw his photo and initials after someone mentioned it. It was the county jail where Gordon is located and there were only two logged for yesterday. I can't remember what the charges were that were listed but it was not kidnapping or homicide.
I must have missed that last night . I had been monitoring Douglas County Inmate list and never saw him pop up. Same two I had seen are still listed. I must say that at first glance one could resemble him. Inmate Roster - Douglas County Sheriff WI

With the info LE did give at the press conference- I’m going to speculate that maybe he killed the parents to not only torment Jayme, but to keep her absolutely terrified about her own life. This is such a sick individual. Again, his age shocks me.

Absolutely. I do hope the media will give Jayme and her family the privacy they need right now, though.
MOO

I hope so as well. JC and her family have a long road ahead of them. She has been through more than enough and so has her family. They need everyone to stand behind them and support their needs and space so healing can begin. I hope we all do what we can to support #teamjayme
heart-shape1-smiley.gif

jmo

They literally had no clue who was behind it? What were they doing?

I am sure they were doing a lot. They threw themselves totally into finding this sweet girl. But if there really was no prior contact between this perp and the family, and he had no prior criminal history, and he took her 60 miles away and hid her out in a remote cabin, it is hard to blame LE for not knowing where she was. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member