Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, a "suspect"hasn't been named yet. The only thing that's out there in Internetland is speculation at this point-speculation that may or may not be true.It's easy enough to find if go a'huntin', but there's no way of knowing right now if it's correct. Hopefully they'll say something solid at the presser.
This is all that has been said so far in msm
(quote)
Late Thursday, investigators blocked all streets leading to a cabin in the 14100 block of S. Eau Claire Acres Circle as they combed for evidence. The residence is believed to be that of the 21-year-old suspect, who is reportedly being held in the Douglas County jail.
Northern Wisconsin residents describe the moments they found Jayme Closs

Not really. You can list who you would like but the decision is up to the court. And it's based on the best interest of the child. What you put in your will only tells the court who, at the time you signed your will, you felt it would be in your child's best interest to reside with.

As long as the court agrees, the person named agrees, there are no circumstances that could make that person not the best choice, and there's no battle between relatives, the person listed will be very likely to be the one appointed but a will simply states the parent's desires. It assists the court but is not binding on the court. The court appoints a guardian. Not the parents.

That being said in cases similar to this a child is often released by LE or a hospital to next of kin or whatever kin is able to take the child. At this point ALL her family have been heavily investigated/vetted by LE.

So social services would be likely to authorize release to family pending a legal determination as to temporary and permanent care.
I'd ignore the poster who keeps pushing the idea of `state guardianship.' Not sure why he's determined to push that point.

...Maybe it was vacant while listed and someone was keeping her there, but how to avoid pop ins by potential buyers?

I think it would be difficult to keep an abducted person in a house that was on the market for sale. And a vacant house on the market would probably have a lock box that could be accessed at will with just a phone call.

Even an occupied listing would probably have a lock box. It would be hard to shuffle the kidnapped person (they couldn’t let anyone see someone in the condition she was described in) out of the house every time someone wanted to do a showing. Not impossible, but not likely in my opinion.

Last edited:
Pure speculation on my part: the property where JC was held is likely not (very) visible from the road and may have one or more outbuildings further back.

I’ll wait for the presser & msm reports to see if my guess is correct.

So, it may be something, maybe not. Go back to the transcript of LE dispatch. We all wondered why it specifically stated that it sent a TTY to notify Eau Claire detectives to respond to the EOC room and make contact with 321.

It's on page 7 of 14. At the top. Like I said, maybe nothing at all. Was just so odd at the time.

ETA: Down a few posts, Jethro corrected this post. Thanks so much.

Was just checking on here yesterday in the morning. Sometimes miracles happen. Thank God. Welcome back, Jayme.

Last edited:
So how does a 20 year old from Duluth end up at the Closs home in the middle of the night, knowing the 13 year old girl is inside?

There is more to this story. This person went to that house with one intent, to take Jayme. As LE has obviously had Jayme's phone and access to her social media accounts, we can pretty much rule that out as a link. So how did this person know Jayme? Did she know him?
with the young age of the abductor I would not be surprised if he had contacted her some way..he may even have been contacting her under a false account claiming to be someone else... I'm just happy shes alive..I would not be surprised if this comes out to be a fatal attraction type situation.... I think he went there to get her and wanted James and Denise out of the way...Happy she is safe and he is off the streets so he cant do this again!!

Pure speculation on my part: the property where JC was held is likely not (very) visible from the road and may have one or more outbuildings further back.

I’ll wait for the presser & msm reports to see if my guess is correct.

I did a little property assessment sleuthing.. Apparently there is a home in that area that you cannot see from the satellite. Its near where the Kasinskas live which are the family from the article. Also, the owner of the home (WHICH I DID NOT SLEUTH) is 32. It told me that right on the listing. -- delete if not allowed.

So, it may be something, maybe not. Go back to the transcript of LE dispatch. We all wondered why it specifically stated it sent a TTY to notify Eau Claire detectives to respond to the EOC room and make contact with 321.

It's on page 7 of 14. At the top.
"Eau Claire Acres" is the name of a "development" (for lack of better term) 6 miles east of Gordon, WI. Eau Claire is a city that is 120 miles away from Gordon WI. Where Jayme was located is not the same place as mentioned in the call log.

"Eau Claire Acres" is the name of a "development" (for lack of better term) 6 miles east of Gordon, WI. Eau Claire is a city that is 120 miles away from Gordon WI. Where Jayme was located is not the same place as mentioned in the call log.

It's just the "area" everyone couldn't figure out why specifically it was mentioned. Didn't say it WAS the place.
Just a comment re: the odd reference in the dispatch report. Nothing more.
Sorry if it bothered you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member