Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
His name was seen on social media after Jayme escaped and someone mentioned his initials in the previous thread. That's it.
It wasnt hard to figured out. I was up until 3am. I ran through every person who owned homes on the tax assessor page. There are only 27 homes I think. Most owned by people well over 60. A few had younger ages, his dad being one of them. Some obviously were 2nd homes because the taxes got mailed to an alternative address. Those homes could also be rented out to people but there wasn't anyone coming up in search results that fit. The Patterson home is the only home that had any connection to a 21 year old male (thanks google). Social media account for him doesnt exist under that name, brother, sister and mom all had pages as of 2am last night but now only mom does. I am sure people were messaging them. So while we still needed Sheriff to confirm the findings... some of us were able to get 3 hours of sleep before the presser. Ha! And all I had were nightmares about Jayme. So exhausting!

His elation was genuine. They all worked hard. LE never wants this type of horrindous crime to happen in their community.

I feel he needs to reign it in some. That’s all. I’m sure those guys standing behind him were a tad bit nervous he was going to give info he shouldn’t.
I think the main criticism here is the self back-patting.

Jayme is the freaking superhero here!

zencompass, I appreciate the humanity and caring you bring here with your posts. Thank you. :)

Thank you for your kind words.

It is the great compassion and genuine kindness from all of the members on Websleuths that draw the words from my heart. You all inspire me.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart to everyone on all of these threads, for always being "there" for all of the victims, missing persons and their families.

Or maybe God answered the prayers of many many people.
No accident the lady was walking her Dog, no accident she was a retired social worker, and no accident Jayme had the strength to take the opportunity given to her to escape. This has the hand of God all over it. PTL!!!

Mom? Mom. Mom is that you?

Haha, that's just what my mother would say.

I totally agree. That is another possibility. Thanks Lillymac!

Last edited:
I think part of the name confusion was, you could pretty easily narrow it down to 6 households. But three of them were Patterson, Peterson and Pierson (or something like that) so it was tricky. I’m usually pretty good and can get the name before the press release but I never saw the perps name. Just maybe a possible much older male relative. They did a great job keeping it out of the media all the way though! I also think it was handled well. Yes, in the end she rescued herself. But obviously everyone was commited wholeheartedly and invested in her returns they have a right to celebrate too!

Last edited:
He was definitely keyed up but I certainly understand why. This has probably been a life consuming job for him since the murders took place. His voice was nearly gone from yesterday’s events and I doubt he had any sleep.

A very personal case for everyone in that small community.
And unless you live in a small town, you can't understand. Everyone knows everyone. I think its harder to not take it personal. JMO

I do think LE played a huge role in helping to keep Jayme alive. By keeping a lot of pressure on the perp, it made it impossible for him to move her or do anything. Basically he was kept frozen in his tracks in that little cabin.

May I ask how? If he made great measures to go undetected then how did some poster here know of his name?

The names of the ladies Jayme had contact with after escaping were published by some MSM. Sleuthers figured out his early possible identity by sleuthing those ladies neighborhood property owners.

Last edited by a moderator:
We need to learn why there was no evidence? I'm sorry. Not following that. Sometimes there just isn't anything that can help solve the case. LE did all they could do. They weren't just "waiting" around. There is no magic way to predict what some secret psychopath is planning unless they actually tell LE or someone else does.

This is the real world. Not a tv show like CSI which has, IMO, led to the attitude that if the cops don't find evidence or solve it within an hour, they didn't know what they were doing.

Nope. Most of these crimes can't be predicted or prevented. Sometimes perps are good at not leaving DNA or other clues.

That's reality.

It's a needle in a haystack issue. If a person doesn't have a criminal record, isn't a sex offender, hasn't done or said anything that others are able to notice that would be obvious enough for them to suspect he's hiding a live person in his house, etc., there's nothing that can be done and nothing LE needs to learn so they can do "better" the next time.
Gitana
Thankyou - you have worded this perfectly x

Yes - there are more steps to the reunification process than just dropping her off at home and waving goodbye. She has to be medically & emotionally cleared, then interviewed by LE, then (most likely) some sort of structured meeting with the family. She's going to have lots of emotional needs and her family is likely unprepared to take that all on themselves. She's been through a horrifyingly traumatic experience and it takes some time to go through the proper steps to get her back with her family. I have little doubt there is a family representative with her during this time.

I’ve never had to be debriefed on anything, but suspect they will also give her pretty thorough guidelines on what can be said publicly before trial. She and family will need to take care with comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member