Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(I’m going to admit I’m part of this angry mob mentality. Just sayin. Of course I will respect the rules here. I can’t believe someone could do something like this, the selfishness and evil of this, just, unfathomable.

I think what hurts me most about all of this is that he killed her parents.

Again I’m too emotional to speak or post clearly.)

I agree. This is FLAT OUT EVIL at its core.

I have no idea what an "incel" is...I'm obviously old and out of the loop. Clue me in?
It described by someone a couple of pages ago, I had no idea either. Apparently it stands for "involuntary celibate" and describes men who blame women for not being able to have sexual relationships (I'm not doing a good job of explaining, the previous post does a much better job!)

Really? There was a reason they weren’t?

Elizabeth Smart’s sister gave ”Emmanuel” as the name of the person who took her sister and it still led nowhere.

Social services and probation had visited the Garrido home numerous times over 18 YEARS and still didn’t locate Jaycee Dugard or her kids.

The Cleveland girls were held by someone who was the father of a friend of at least two of the three of them, and they weren’t found for a decade.

Some people just aren’t happy no matter what LE does.

It's not just here that people are talking about their over the top self congratulating. It doesn't mean people here and other places "just aren't happy no matter what LE does." The only complaint I've made or read here is the over the top self congratulating. That's it, nothing more.

Jayme will likely have PTSD. Something else I was thinking about: she’s likely to have survivor’s guilt. Her parents are gone because some ***hat decided to target her. I in NO WAY blame her for anything that happened: nothing at all. She’s got such an uphill climb ahead of her. She can and will do it. She’s not the same Jayme that was stolen from Barron that night, but she’s a warrior. She’ll prevail. This is all JMO, of course.
This is something I've thought about too. I really, really hope she doesn't go her whole life believing this is her fault. I hope she gets the help and support she needs in this difficult time and on.

But how could anyone have pulled this name out of a hat? From what LE has said so far there is no connection to jayme or her family and no criminal record.

They knew the block that was closed, which narrowed down the properties. Articles had mentioned 2 families by name, so that narrowed it down further. Then there was a brief (possibly then deleted) tweet that went out from a scanner feed that mentioned a name, which then pinpointed it apparently.

Absolutely. I do hope the media will give Jayme and her family the privacy they need right now, though.
MOO
Me, too. I shudder to think of the masses of media stalking her & her loved ones to get a scoop or photos. I know it’s naive, but my hope is that everyone has the decency to give this girl and her family the time and space to heal. She has gone through so much, and has so much more to face ahead of her. As curious and attached to her case as we are, her privacy should be the foremost priority.

But how could anyone have pulled this name out of a hat? From what LE has said so far there is no connection to jayme or her family and no criminal record.

If someone knew the neighborhood he lived in and his age it would be fairly easy to find a name. Both of those things were available last night. Doesn't take much. I found it last night as well, but declined to say anything on here until he was publicly identified.

Really wondering what the family dynamic is with his family? He held her captive over the course of Thanksgiving & Christmas, two occasions where, even at 21 years old, he would probably be expected to make some contact or visitation with his family.

If he did have contact for the holidays, I'd love to hear what they found his demeanor to be.
I believe it was stated here his parents are divorced. He could have easily tied her up when he left. Eat at Moms for an hour and go to dads for an hour. Or maybe his family doesn't do holidays. I suspect his demeanor didn't change much at all, with family or not.

Cases like this give many of us hope that other missing child cases, like the 30 year old Lauren Jackson case here in PA (I could use some additional eyes on that case), could have a positive ending. I pray Jamie recovers from her ordeal and lives a happy and productive life.

Does Lauren have a WS page?

Very nice posts from Patty. I admire her so much.

“I have said for a very long time I think she’s alive because if she was dead, they would have found her and they are already had a crime scene with the parents being dead and I think she was the target and she’s alive,” Wetterling said. “That was our prayer for so many years and it’s my continued prayer for missing kids out there, that many of them are still alive.”

When asked what she would tell Jayme’s extended family, Wetterling said she would tell them to stay strong for her as they piece together what happened.

“Hold on. Hold on and stay strong because she will,” she said. “I’m praying she’ll be okay and that she can rebuild and live her whole life and follow dreams that she never believed could happen.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay