Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No you don't. You can't pick and choose what is on the other end. Sometimes it is too late to be the hero. My aunt is one and she has undergone therapy for some pretty traumatizing things. Including her own child's suicide.
You are correct. I really don’t. It’s just a heart warming story from Amy the 991 dispatcher innthjs instance. If I had to choose police officer, paramedic, firefighter, or 911 dispatcher though, I’d choose 911 dispatcher. They’re insulated somewhat. But yes. You make a good point. It’s not all “happy ending” calls.

I don't know, I haven't had a chance to read everything yet so maybe I'll solve the mystery when I do. :rolleyes:

LOL, me too, :)

(You guys sound like me in the Watts case, it literally took me a month to catch up to you guys (but those discovery documents were 1960 pages lol, this is only 12, read up folks :) haha jk )

Then I'm guessing they arrested him 11 minutes AFTER they picked her up.
Rather than 11 minutes after the 911 call. Though... that still doesn't make sense with the dispatcher saying she knew he was in custody when she hung up?

I don't know!
Maybe she heard the LEOs talking to each other about running the licence plates, etc. so they knew they had him in sight. jmo

Thank you and I totally agree.
I'm high functioning, so most people can't tell I'm even on the sprectrum.
I even work at a job where I talk to people all the time, but I've learned to adapt and how to manage the sensory overload that comes with the job. I don't make eye contact with people when I have conversations because it makes me extremely uncomfortable.

JP doesn't have autism. And if it turns out he actually does, then I'll eat my words.
I don't even think he has a personality disorder.
He's just a psycho/sociopath.

IMO
A psychopath is the same thing as Anti- Social Personality Disorder. Personality Disorders are one of the harder illnesses to treat, as they are formed during childhood, when ones personality is developing. Imo

I'm sure that JP's parents knew that he wasn't an upstanding citizen at the very least. He is a 20 years old not providing for himself, driving Mommy's car, living in Daddy's house and no direction in life. I'm not saying that they knew he was hiding Jayme under his bed, but in NO WAY do I think his parents thought that JP didn't have issues.

I’m behind but it wasn’t JPs mother’s car.
I’m not sure it matters but it was registered to KP (his sister).

No you don't. You can't pick and choose what is on the other end. Sometimes it is too late to be the hero. My aunt is one and she has undergone therapy for some pretty traumatizing things. Including her own child's suicide.

I am so very sorry for her and your family's loss, elektroangel. Hugs!
When I was listening to the 911 tape, I kept wondering " How does this cool lady keep on talking to the cops, the 2 women with Jayme and Jayme, find the house, instruct them to shut the dogs in a room ( very important these days, I can tell you) and stay on the phone until the officers arrived.
Also, maybe it's regional, but I thought all the voices on the phone blended except Jayme's was higher pitched a bit. I don't know how she didn't get them mixed up but I don't think she did.

It takes a special person to do an excellent job with 911 calls. Usually, the only ones we hear about are the ones who hung up on someone who then died. That's not fair.

You are correct. I really don’t. It’s just a heart warming story from Amy the 991 dispatcher innthjs instance. If I had to choose police officer, paramedic, firefighter, or 911 dispatcher though, I’d choose 911 dispatcher. They’re insulated somewhat. But yes. You make a good point. It’s not all “happy ending” calls.

I could never do blood. Nope. And I get nightmares just from participating in these forums, I don't think I could handle being a dispatcher. Too real for me.

But definitely a feel good call for this one. You could hear the joy in the dispatchers voice as she remained calm. It was awesome to listen to.

In spite of all the talk about video games, etc. contributing to crimes like this, I really think television may have influenced him more. Several things he said in his confession made me think of different episodes of "Criminal Minds" that I've seen. For example: in one episode, a woman was shot in the head when she looked through the peephole in a door; in another, a serial killer kept his victims in a secret hiding spot under his bed until he killed them; in another, both parents were murdered and the daughter kidnapped to become a wife. There are probably others, or episodes of other crime shows, that could have given him the ideas for what he wore, how he got her to his house, changing the license plates, shaving his head and facial hair, and who knows what else. To me, the only creative/original thing he did was to take pieces of the ideas of others and put them together for his own crime. He seems to think he's a real genius to come up with this plan, but he obviously missed an episode of some show to tell him how to keep her in her hiding spot. MOO

I think they wanted the perp to think they weren't very good at their job.
But, of course he would have to had known they found Denise in the tub so maybe it was in case any nutcase confessed he wouldn't have the correct info. So, it was probably to weed out the nutball confessions.
Sheriff did some good things and bad things. Got alot of different LE agencies involved immediately but the truth is all their secrets did not help solve this case, jayme saved herself

I 'm not finding the original poster either.
Apparently they were giving false information for the perp to think they weren't very good at their investigation and therefore making him feel more secure. I think it worked too. I don't think he was worried. I mean, he's smarter than everyone right?
And, if she hadn't escaped he would have gotten away with it. They didn't have a clue about him.
Exactly. Some people on here didn’t think LE was doing a good enough job. Maybe since LE had little to go off of, Every detail they made public was for a specific reason. JP got too comfortable( by reading news) and let his gaurd down.
If this was the case, great tactic.
Regardless, I commend LE, dispatch and everyone involved. Community as well.

Awesome!!

Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald stood in front of easels that contained pictures of similar vehicles and implored the public to contact authorities if they have any details about them.

The vehicles are:

A 2006-2010 black Ford Edge
https://heavy.com/news/2018/10/jayme-closs-update-vehicles-of-interest/

There are quite a few vehicles listed in the article
None of which were a ford taurus or similar. They stated their certainty about the red challenger numerous times, but were unsure on the SUV. No mention of an older dark red Taurus, ever.

“Deputy Dittbrender, with the Douglas County Sheriff’s Department, reports on January 10, 2019 at approximately 4:11 PM, she was dispatched along with Deputy Carey, with the Douglas County Sheriff’s Department, to an address on Eau Claire Acres Circle, in the Town of Gordon, Douglas County, Wisconsin, for a report that J.L.C. was at the residence located at 14102 S. Eau Claire Acres Circle and needed help. While in route, Deputy Dittbrender reports the Douglas County Communications Center provided additional information obtained during the 911 call. The additional information provided included information that Jeanne Nutter, a neighbor of Peter and Kristen Kasinskas, was currently at the Kasinskas residence with J.L.C.
Out of a concern that Patterson might be in the area attempting to locate J.L.C., Deputy Carey reports the decision was made to immediately remove J.L.C. from the area for her safety. Deputy Carey reports that Deputy Dittbrender drove J.L.C. away in her squad car with Sgt. Engelman following in his squad car. Deputy Carey and Sgt. DeRosia remained at the Kasinskas residence.
Deputy Dittbrender reports that, as she was traveling along the western side of the loop of Eau Claire Acres Circle northbound to County Hwy. Y, she observed a vehicle approaching eastbound on Hwy. Y and then turn south onto Eau Claire Acres Circle as Deputy Dittbrender approached the intersection. Deputy Dittbrender observed the vehicle was red in color and possibly either a Kia or Ford as the vehicle passed her. Deputy Dittbrender reports she asked J.L.C. if that was Patterson’s car and J.L.C. stated she didn’t know. J.L.C. indicated that she thought his car was a Ford, and that he also had other cars. Deputy Dittbrender reports she notified Sgt. Engelman and Sgt. Derosia of the red car she had just passed.
Sgt. Derosia reports that Sgt. Engleman ran the plate on the vehicle. Sgt. Derosia reports dispatch advised the vehicle was registered to a Katie Patterson, the last name matching the name of the male subject J.L.C. had identified. Sgt. Derosia reports he positioned his squad car in a way so he could observe the vehicle as it passed his location. Sgt. Derosia reports as the vehicle passed by him, he observed a lone male occupant driving the red colored vehicle. Sgt. Derosia reports he also observed the vehicle’s drivers side rear taillight was broken, as well as no functioning rear license plate light. Sgt. Derosia reports he pulled out and followed behind the vehicle while waiting for another squad.
As he was following the vehicle, Sgt. Derosia observed that it passed the driveway of the address that was listed for that vehicle at 14166 S. Eau Claire Acres Circle, in the Town of Gordon, Douglas County, Wisconsin. Sgt. Derosia reports he conducted a traffic stop on the vehicle just as it passed the driveway. Sgt. Derosia reports he approached the driver’s side door while Sgt. Engleman approached on the passenger side. Sgt. Derosia reports the driver and lone occupant in the vehicle was instructed to raise his hands in the air. Sgt. Derosia reports he then instructed the driver to open his door. Once the door was opened, Sgt. Derosia asked the driver what his name was. The driver informed Sgt. Derosia that his name is Jake Patterson. Sgt. Derosia reports he instructed Patterson to step out of the vehicle and, as he did, Patterson stated I know what this is about “I did it”.“

http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/jayme+closs+complaint.pdf
I'm thinking that the perp saw Jayme in the police car - that's why he knew why he was pulled over.

jmo

(I like how the defense attorney referenced his client’s “feelings”...like that’s first on anyone’s list...)

ETA / quote for reference, what a pile of horse crap :

“We did have a chance to meet with Mr. Patterson tonight. One of the first questions we were asked is 'how he is feeling.' I can tell you Mr. Patterson’s feelings are consistent with what you would believe of someone who was involved in these allegations.”

“How he is feeling?” Gimme a break!

Attorneys for Jake Patterson, suspect in Jayme Closs case, speak out ahead of court hearing

Last edited:
Sheriff did some good things and bad things. Got alot of different LE agencies involved immediately but the truth is all their secrets did not help solve this case, jayme saved herself
100%. The first PC after she was safe where they patted themselves on the back over and over drove me nuts. They worked their asses off but came up with nothing. She saved herself.

In spite of all the talk about video games, etc. contributing to crimes like this, I really think television may have influenced him more. Several things he said in his confession made me think of different episodes of "Criminal Minds" that I've seen. For example: in one episode, a woman was shot in the head when she looked through the peephole in a door; in another, a serial killer kept his victims in a secret hiding spot under his bed until he killed them; in another, both parents were murdered and the daughter kidnapped to become a wife. There are probably others, or episodes of other crime shows, that could have given him the ideas for what he wore, how he got her to his house, changing the license plates, shaving his head and facial hair, and who knows what else. To me, the only creative/original thing he did was to take pieces of the ideas of others and put them together for his own crime. He seems to think he's a real genius to come up with this plan, but he obviously missed an episode of some show to tell him how to keep her in her hiding spot. MOO
Speaking of the license plates. Anyone recall seeing a license plate in the outdoor photos of his house? There was a somewhat bent one hanging on a wood pillar type thing if i recall correctly. Pretty stupid if that was a stolen plate

I’m also wondering if the owner of the plate Jake Ste reported it ? Could the plates have anything to do with the cars LE asked the public about??

Regarding the time it took LE to get there from the 911 call, I think several factors were at play.

1) They knew she was in a house in the general area of his, and did not know his location.

2) Because Of item 1, they were trying to determine how they could get to her without possibly alerting him (if he was nearby) to her whereabouts.

3) With that in play, I think they waited for several officers to be in the area, backup to be available, and they approached the scene from multiple sides. Meaning at the same time one went to the house, others were surrounding his house, some were stationed along the road, etc

Right or wrong, they didn’t really know what they were walking into. They knew she was in a house with several adults, and I think they were trying to get enough cops there to establish a perimeter.

My guess, as well, based on growing up in WI and knowing how remote sole of these areas are, is that it was likely a 10 to 15 minute drive for even the closest officers.

I 'm not finding the original poster either.
Apparently they were giving false information for the perp to think they weren't very good at their investigation and therefore making him feel more secure. I think it worked too. I don't think he was worried. I mean, he's smarter than everyone right?
And, if she hadn't escaped he would have gotten away with it. They didn't have a clue about him.

I think you might be on to something! They wanted him to feel comfortable so he would not kill JC. This may have bought her time which gave her a chance to make an escape. I know it's theory, but they seemed so sure that JC was alive. It's possible that they were hoping that JC would see the messages from her family - thus hoping that it would persuade her to try to get away from her abducter. I think others posted something to this effect early on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo