Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who cares if the perp loved his dog? Not meaning to be rude but really what if he did? He has admitted to killing 2 innocent people.
One clear personality indicator is behavior towards animals in general. Respectfully, I care to know these things in trying to figure out why this happened. We know the how.

I get how you feel completely. I'm mad as heck too and not feeling very nice toward JP either.

I'm torn between whether he is a suicide risk or not in jail. I can definitely see him ending it instead of trying to conform to prison life, I don't think we have information about him yet. There are such conflicting stories in the media. I most want to know if the story about 'loving his dog Rosie (?) is true or not.

I get what you mean too and it is not normally in me to feel "hatred" and if he had something terrible that happened to him to help cause what he became, I could even feel sympathy there--but I come back to what he did and how cold blooded and the obvious facts showing he knew right from wrong or you do not plot, conceal, etc.

I agree we do not know enough about him and it is conjecture. I sure am no mental health expert.

The media as always is somewhat upsetting as for almost every story, there is one saying the opposite. He loved the family dog, yet the ex bf of the sister said he never played with the dog etc. I dismiss almost anything from Radar, etc., like the road kill story and pictures of the home. So yes, it is hard to know what is true.

I feel sympathy for his family, it can't be easy to be in their shoes, at least until and unless reason to think there is reason not to. With regard to him though, he killed in absolutely cold blood. And I think there is evidence that he knew right from wrong.

jmo but I stay open to changing it.

girlhasnoname Sorry for my comment. It would indeed be interesting if he is capable of loving his dog while committing such a crime.
I think some people are able to show love and affection to animals, especially pets, and not have any compassion for other people. Adolph Hitler comes to mind. He loved his dogs.

Actually, they are trained to drive on ice. Police go on frozen lakes and practice all kinds of things on frozen ice,

In MN, we all learn about what to do on ice. But it does not negate the true danger of ice.

So within the context of the OP's points, no one is ever trained well enough to drive 100 mph on a public highway with icy conditions. Sorry to revive this but my point was not so simple as to think that LE never had any kind of training. CONTEXT.

I believe they are still deciding but I also believe public pressure or conscience will release the monies to Jamey,

IMO, it should be put into a trust fund for her.
Whether it goes into a trust or is given directly to her, I think the reward should be given to Jayme, regardless.

Oh my gosh, this never occurred to me. But you are exactly correct that in wearing his shoes, her DNA and his DNA will be in those shoes.

And how smart she was also to put them on the wrong feet so that they would fit better. Just how unbelievably smart she was.

I do agree with others, she should get the $50,000 and I think that will happen. Moo
BBM
Super smart brave young woman. Her athletic track abilities helped her as well IMO. The fact that she could draw upon those under such stress is a good indication of how strong her will to live and escape was. :)

I am sure he was testing her on many occasions to see if she would run. She waited until the right time to leave. The shoes...he probably hid hers to keep her from running or disposed of them after the crime because of ‘crime residue.’ He probably had shoes laying about, saw them, and she knew she needed them to walk in the area....rocks, dirts, twigs etc. But by wearing his shoes, she had his DNA!
I always thought she was taken in her pajamas, since her dog woke her up with barking and therefore she was barefoot.
So smart of her to think about the need for shoes before bolting. She had no idea where she was or how long she might be out there before finding anyone. And you are correct....she had his DNA from his shoes.

I think some people are able to show love and affection to animals, especially pets, and not have any compassion for other people. Adolph Hitler comes to mind. He loved his dogs.

Interesting point. Did he love them as in truly or as in a "possession of his/pride"? Meaning to be more specific there are people that "love" their car but it is an object clearly...

IMO, it should be put into a trust fund for her.
Whether it goes into a trust or is given directly to her, I think the reward should be given to Jayme, regardless.
I am guessing that Jennie O will likely give their $25k reward to a trust for Jayme. The FBI's $25k will probably stay with the FBI. That is money offered to find Jayme. And she has been found. They should keep it and use it to find the next missing person. Hopefully, Jayme's aunt and uncle will set up a private fund for her that people can donate too. I'd steer clear of .

I may well be misunderstanding the legal and court system in Wisconsin, but I’m not sure what a grand jury has to do with this. I don’t think it (grand jury) applies to or comes into this case.

I believe that if Douglas county decides to charge him with offences committed there, the DA/prosecutors can do so directly, no need for a grand jury.

Am I wrong?

This may help with understanding Wisconsin Preliminary Hearings/Grand Jury & John Doe Proceedings:

https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/misc/lrb/wisconsin_briefs/20upload_2019-1-17_11-41-40.jpeg

Interesting point. Did he love them as in truly or as in a "possession of his/pride"? Meaning to be more specific there are people that "love" their car but it is an object clearly...
There is film footage of him with his dogs. He seems really quite affectionate with them. Of course, in the end, he had them killed when he took his own life, so who knows.

I want to give a shout out for Jayme's parents, James and Denise. Both of them are heroes, trying to protect their daughter. James went to the door to confront whatever was going on to protect his family, losing his life instantly. Denise took her daughter in her arms in the bathtub trying to protect her daughter, only to lose her life too.
They raised a smart, good, strong willed young lady who found her way to freedom under terrifying conditions.

There is film footage of him with his dogs. He seems really quite affectionate with them. Of course, in the end, he had them killed when he took his own life, so who knows.

Interesting. It makes one wonder. Of course as you say, who knows, it could be just the image he knew it would portray in film footage. Yet it is food for thought. We know animals can be therapeutic because they often just accept and love unconditionally where humans don't (or at least not all).

I understand what you're saying. I've known several true
narcissists who pretended to like/love their pets but if you observed the pets, they did not reciprocate the feelings.
The pets simply 'tolerated' their owners. I had a feeling that when no one was looking, the pets were ignored.

Also, Adoph Hitler reportedly had his beloved GSD's killed
prior to his own death by, I believe, sending them into a booby
trapped area.

Who cares if the perp loved his dog? Not meaning to be rude but really what if he did? He has admitted to killing 2 innocent people.

Respectfully, I think the OP is probably referring to the story that was in the NYP about JP having an interest in dead animals, home-made taxidermy and something about a dead dog in the woods. Someone had made a statement that he loved the family dog while another had said he had no interest. There had been much conversation here last night about whether or not those facts were credible. I think the OP is just expressing interest in finding out which of these accounts are accurate.

Absolutely. The kidnapping is enough to emotionally damage anyone, but it was even worse than that.

The terror of the attack, coupled with months of captivity, is unimaginable.

She was mere inches away from her mother when she was killed.

Long indeed.

I know. Imagine going through an intense trauma. Like surviving 9/11. But then on top of it she went through ongoing trauma every moment of every day for the next three months.

It's going to be rough trying to overcome that. Frankly I don't think you totally can. A therapist made the statement to someone close to me who came from a very disordered family that you can't completely heal from trauma. But you can learn to walk with a limp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member