Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #40

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You touch on something I’ve been thinking about and it’s the presence of dogs in this story. First, there’s Molly, Jayme’s beloved pet who barked and warned Jayme of JP’s car pulling in the driveway. Molly, waiting for Jayme to come home, Molly in pictures reunited with Jayme.

Then there’s Henry, the dog who needed a walk which took Jeanne Nutter, Jayme’s rescuer, outside on January 10th. Ms Nutter describes Henry as a goofy Golden Retriever. Awwww jeesh, not any more!

At the Kasinskas home, where Jeanne Nutter and Jayme found safety, Jayme was introduced to their new puppy, Penny who certainly calmed and distracted Jayme. And during Jeanne Nutter’s 30 minute call with 911 dispatch, Henry apparently jumped into Jayme’s lap as you could hear her admonishing the dog to get down and stated “he never does that!”. So funny, that break from the tension. Maybe Henry got jealous of Penny (or he just wanted to clown around!).

I’ve thought of the tremendous capacity for love that dogs possess and believe in their intuition as well. As hokey as it sounds, dog IS God spelled backwards, isn’t it? These dogs have been angels.

I think almost all dogs are or can be little angels on earth. We have just one fridge magnet and it is a copper magnet which says " May I always be the person my dog thinks I am" with a tiny photo of the breed of dogs we have. <modsnip>

Jayme may find all the comfort she needs in a pet in Molly, or she may want additional companion/ protection dogs as time goes by. It's really fun to rescue and adopt others, teach them, and have them all and play with them outdoors for a few hours a day if she and her aunt have the space for it. I think love for animals and the soft touch of a pet is one of the best therapies there is for all hurting people.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sure her parents were watching out for her from the beyond.

Agreed!

I can’t find the link now, but one of JC’s relatives gave a media interview after her escape/rescue saying something to the effect of James Closs could be tough as nails, and that Jayme clearly got her dad’s toughness .

I personally am not religious, but even so, I’m in awe that Jayme found the courage to escape and that JN, KK, and PK were in exactly the right place at the right time. It really does feel like a miracle.

Yeah, let me guess... Poor guy just wanted a friend. He was bullied and traumatized throughout his childhood. His peers made fun of him because he was weird. He was left alone for 12 hours every day to fend for himself. He never learned any social skills, didn't understand there are consequences for bad behavior, and thought it was ok to kill people to get what you want.
He just fell through the cracks. Society failed this young man. He only wanted a friend! He had good intentions! He just didn't know it was wrong. Imo
Yes and to add and have said before "Dear ole Auntie Bee dropped him on his head when he was a baby"

even though she saw her parents killed, there is a big disconnect between consciously knowing something and emotionally knowing something. add in the shock and trauma and I think it will be a long process as she comes to grips with her parents really being gone. I imagine her going back to her family home for her things and having things hit her then. As a pre-teen, the realization of what it really means could take a long time. Kids generally take 6 months to a year to begin to emotionally accept a parental death and to begin to start grieving. Their brains protect them emotionally from the shock for a long time.

One of things I find so sad, is that Jayme knew her parents had been murdered that night. But she never really got a chance to grieve since she was in survival mode for 3 months. Now that she is free and safe and with loved ones, that can happen. That must be very difficult. Hopefully her aunt and uncle and counselors can help her sort through all those emotions. I honestly can't imagine how she must be feeling.

Yes and to add and have said before "Dear ole Auntie Bee dropped him on his head when he was a baby"
Truth is, there is no way that any jury can hear that DC and JLC were hiding in the bathtub, with DC bear hugging her baby as he ripped open the shower curtain and not find this man guilty. That mental image just rips this momma-bear's heart out. That simple final act of mothering is something the defense is going to never be able to overcome, a mother protecting her baby.

Truth is, there is no way that any jury can hear that DC and JLC were hiding in the bathtub, with DC bear hugging her baby as he ripped open the shower curtain and not find this man guilty. That mental image just rips this momma-bear's heart out. That simple final act of mothering is something the defense is going to never be able to overcome, a mother protecting her baby.
Agree. This guy is a done dinner IMO. If "further" charges come down the road I really hope and pray he pleads guilty.

thanks. this makes me think there is a specific, concrete reason he selected her. something more complex than picking her out at a bus stop.
I don’t understand why this is so difficult to believe.

Like many predators, he saw a target and decided to pursue it. Jayme fit whatever requirements that he was looking for.

What is unprecedented is the crime itself, not the selection process.

Agree. This guy is a done dinner IMO. If "further" charges come down the road I really hope and pray he pleads guilty.
At the very least, he held a minor against her will, away from her family, in his home for 88 days, I'm sure those charges will be levied against him in Douglas County.

The jury would see pictures of the crime scene in all its gore.

is this considered MSM? https://heavy.com/news/2019/01/jake-patterson-motive-why-thomas/

It states JP worked at Saputo Cheese for 2 days. It also says he went to the Closs home "several days" prior to quitting that job to attempt to kidnap JC but backed out. So, if he saw her at the bus stop on his way to work, he would have gone to kidnap her the same or next day if that timing is correct. But several days before quitting would be before he started working there. Which contradicts that he first saw her on his way to that job.
Also That doesn't leave a lot of planning and preparing, except that he backed out the first time and took extra prep time. If he intended to kidnap her that first day or the day after he saw her, he may have impaired impulse control and a impaired cognitive function. Which is obvious and typical for a psychopath, but it insinuates that the original plan was much more impulsive and less planned.

sorry - editing for more clarity:
his claim that he saw James in the picture window as he came up the driveway/sidewalk doesn't jibe with what JC said - that her dog woke her up barking and she went to wake up her parents after noticing a car in the driveway. Was he lurking for a while in the yard, causing the dog to bark? JP did not get to the door until after James was woken up by JC and came downstairs.

He also did not make the modifications to his license plate or dome light until he was on is way to JC's house, which is not really advance planning. He had stolen a license plate from JC's yard on a previous attempt.

There is a lot of info missing from the timeline. He is not very bright and his idea of planning is extremely limited from this report.

edited for clarity

Last edited:

It's so sad that her parents didn't live to know that she lived to tell the tale, and that she escaped. They would be proud and so relieved. I can't imagine the horror of knowing that I was going to die and that my daughter was in mortal danger.

I don’t understand why this is so difficult to believe.

Like many predators, he saw a target and decided to pursue it. Jayme fit whatever requirements that he was looking for.

What is unprecedented is the crime itself, not the selection process.
People are used to some interaction, but it's not always so. There are many cases where the victim has never met the assailant before, and there was no stalking done by the assailant, the victim just got on the radar of crazy. It's really that simple. It's not common, and we don't like to think about it, but it's why women don't park next to a van with a sliding door in a parking lot, it's why we don't enter an elevator in a parking garage with a man alone. Those men haven't scoped us out, they don't know us, they're merely looking for the proverbial wounded gazelle on the Serengeti.

It's so sad that her parents didn't live to know that she lived to tell the tale, and that she escaped. They would be proud and so relieved. I can't imagine the horror of knowing that I was going to die and that my daughter was in mortal danger.
I believe they know and they not only helped her survive her ordeal but helped her escape.

is this considered MSM? https://heavy.com/news/2019/01/jake-patterson-motive-why-thomas/

It states JP worked at Saputo Cheese for 2 days. It also says he went to the Closs home "several days" prior to quitting that job to attempt to kidnap JC but backed out. So, if he saw her at the bus stop on his way to work, he would have gone to kidnap her the same or next day if that timing is correct. But several days before quitting would be before he started working there. Which contradicts that he first saw her on his way to that job.
Also That doesn't leave a lot of planning and preparing, except that he backed out the first time and took extra prep time. If he intended to kidnap her that first day or the day after he saw her, he may have impaired impulse control and a impaired cognitive function. Which is obvious and typical for a psychopath, but it insinuates that the original plan was much more impulsive and less planned.

edited for clarity

They misquoted the complaint. It actually states:

"The defendant stated that, several days after quitting Saputo Cheese..."

What this article on child psychopaths failed to relate is=
what was the child's life like before it was adopted.
Birth through 2 yrs. old, the baby is learning much about
his world- whether caretakers are kind and respond to helpless
baby's needs or neglectful and allow baby to cry in the crib.

Birth through 2 yrs, many neural pathways are growing (or not)
and forming based on the kind of attention and care baby
received. There is a direct correlation between a truly well
cared for baby and a neglected infant laying in a crib soothing
itself because no one in it's world cares. The correlation is in
how the brain develops with healthy neural pathways or not.
Babies in orphanages or hospital settings are emotionally
neglected. Left for hours in a crib trying to self sooth without
a nurturing mother to soothe them. So even by 2 yrs. old,
the baby's brain may be behind developmentally and may be
on it's way to becoming a maladjusted child.
My experience and mOO.

Thank you for writing that . Exactly exactly exactly.

That’s the thing.

One moment these people were sleeping peacefully in their beds. In a matter of minutes they experienced the type of terror that cannot be captured in any horror movie.

What happened in that bathroom is just unimaginable.

The stuff of nightmares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member