Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #42

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at pictures of the Closs home I've only identified three exterior lights.

Looking from front of house there is a light above the front door.

There is either a flood or spotlight directed downwards towards the garage door area that is mounted on the left side front corner of house.

On the right side rear corner is a flood or spot light pointing downwards towards the deck.

Neither of the flood or spots lights look to be either motion activated or dusk to dawn activated.

Not comfortable attempting to post multiple pictures yet. :(

I believe the 2nd light mentioned by the officer at the rear of the house is a light in the bathroom which looks to be in the center of the rear of the house.

MO

It would make sense too that bathroom light was on.

I just thought maybe the mention of the back light was an outdoor light since at that point he was going around the back.

It helps to know also that the back lights are not motion activated.

I appreciate the input, it is why I put it out there.

His account sounds as if he means an outdoor light but the complaint is not going to have everything in it, just what matters.

Thank you.

It’s very bizarre, you take anybody and put them in isolated cabin with only books , no phone , and only can talk to your mom once a week...

Half people would be crazy by year 2, if not sooner, whatever demons he had, isolation only made them worse.

Not sure if I believe no phone or internet. Unless planned ahead, and unsure this family seems the type not to judge them, but that would take getting together and talking, how did he know they were coming on what date, time and place--to repeat how did he know they were coming that day and when? For Christmas? To warn Jayme to be quiet? Probably like everything else, had a phone in someone else's name. Attempt at humor :)

Also, dad's occasional Saturday visits--from what I have read it was not every single Saturday, how did son know when, which, etc.? He has a hostage, he needs to know there will be no unexpected visitors? How did he know that?

I do not believe this "kid" did not have a phone or internet or both. I could be way off on that though.

After rereading the complaint I see what others are saying about JP & arrogance. Almost as though he was looking forward to being arrested so he could brag to the officers. The only comment he made that surprised me (if the above is true) is admitting he wouldn't have been caught if he had planned everything perfectly. I wonder what part of his plan he thought wasn't perfect. Hmmmm

It is worth rereading isn't it?

Your remark about planning everything perfectly yep, that was an interesting remark. One part that bothers me is when he said he turned his head as he shot Denise. I have trouble with that one, we have Mr. Cold Blooded here. Was it not wanting anything on him...? Or was Jayme trying to struggle? Or is he lying? Seemed like he got a good aim regardless... I did not think he was going to take any chances, well planned again--why would you turn away and not be sure...?

I hope they give him the condition he can NEVER profit off of this crime from books, interviews, movie, etc. I think maybe laws have even been enacted for that possibly? But maybe someday when he realizes he is never getting out he will tell the rest... And LE may have more than we know from journals, online conversations, other computer records...

I think the laws about the ability to profit off your own crime are determined by the states. MOO

I agree entirely. The back is a bit confusing. The family could have left a light on in back at night or he could be referring to the bedroom light seen from the back. Or it could be motion activated. They may have left one on for a variety of reasons. I took it to mean though that the officer did not activate it, something had it turned on. If a motion light it could have been Molly. If a permanent light it could have been left on or family could have turned it on when Molly started barking.

I guess it makes me wonder or speculate (pure speculation) if they had reason to think someone was out back first... I mean Molly starts barking you would not know what necessarily about, even Jayme may have thrown back light on or certainly dad even, thinking at first like a dog will, it barked hearing wildlife or some such. And then checked the front and saw a car, etc.

Thinking out loud.
It sounds to me like Jayme's light was on, or her bathroom light. MOO.

Not sure if I believe no phone or internet. Unless planned ahead, and unsure this family seems the type not to judge them, but that would take getting together and talking, how did he know they were coming on what date, time and place--to repeat how did he know they were coming that day and when? For Christmas? To warn Jayme to be quiet? Probably like everything else, had a phone in someone else's name. Attempt at humor :)

Also, dad's occasional Saturday visits--from what I have read it was not every single Saturday, how did son know when, which, etc.? He has a hostage, he needs to know there will be no unexpected visitors? How did he know that?

I do not believe this "kid" did not have a phone or internet or both. I could be way off on that though.
Maybe he had a pay by the month cell phone. Did he have cable in his house? He somehow watched the news about her abduction.

Looking at pictures of the Closs home I've only identified three exterior lights.

Looking from front of house there is a light above the front door.

There is either a flood or spotlight directed downwards towards the garage door area that is mounted on the left side front corner of house.

On the right side rear corner is a flood or spot light pointing downwards towards the deck.

Neither of the flood or spots lights look to be either motion activated or dusk to dawn activated.

Not comfortable attempting to post multiple pictures yet. :(

I believe the 2nd light mentioned by the officer at the rear of the house is a light in the bathroom which looks to be in the center of the rear of the house.

MO
That sounds like the bathroom where Jayme and her Mom were barricaded. In the CC, JP said the door directly opposite where he entered was closed, right? And that was the bathroom they were hiding in.
ETA MOO

I’m with you, verify everything, he has to be doing something... playing video games, movie, etc...?

It’s almost like he planned this out two years... or longer ...how do not show up on any address reports ?? What address is his license ??
Why voter ID at moms house.??

Car was his sisters ?? Did he have current license and insurance??

It’s almost like he read books on ex military or serial killers... tried to eliminate himself...
Then commit crimes..

Still don’t buy randomn... you think if jayme lives with family of 8 and 3 German Sheppard’s he still says whatever... don’t buy it... he took 6 Bullets.. if the off chance there’s 7 people in that house he’s screwed... ? He’s killing people with hope of 6 bullets being enough ??

I’m with you, verify everything, he has to be doing something... playing video games, movie, etc...?

It’s almost like he planned this out two years... or longer ...how do not show up on any address reports ?? What address is his license ??

It’s almost like he read books on ex military or serial killers... tried to eliminate himself...
Then commit crimes..

Still don’t buy randomn... you think if jayme lives with family of 8 and 3 German Sheppard’s he still says whatever... don’t buy it... he took 6 Bullets.. if the off chance there’s 7 people in that house he’s screwed... ? He’s killing people with hope of 6 bullets being enough ??

I so agree. I mean even a somewhat intelligent 21 year old could be naive for sure. But yeah. He stalked. No way otherwise would he know what to expect. And Hwy 8 is not exactly either an easy place to do that. imo.

They took 80 some boxes allegedly and that comes from the defense.

I remember the night of the escape the sheriff said he expected more arrest and they were serving several more warrants. The next morning the arrest part was dropped but the several warrants was stated again. Now those could relate just to him, his internet apps, maybe a store for receipts, hard to say.

But it was said.

It reminds me as someone said earlier about the beginning of this case. In the beginning we heard about a bathroom and then it started being avoided or we heard not sure. It stopped being asked in fact. We heard about a shot in door and then that changed as well.

Well the night of Jayme's brave escape the same thing happened.

Early on I think as she said as well, facts come out and then it gets shut down quickly when the ball gets rolling.

There is more here.

imho.

To clarify my previous response, do you take it to mean he meant the same light, the one in the bedroom? Or a light on outside as he says on the "back side". I could interpret that two ways is my point. And the little bitty word "on" the back side.
I think I read it to many times and can't decide now. But you're right, it is the word "on" that is throwing me.

Then commit crimes..

And yes, it is like no address or record of him was almost planned and people seemed to help do that. It just makes one wonder. They may well have been clueless but did he have warnings, a juvenile record, who knows... Sure looks like a trying to be off grid thing. With the family very possibly clueless. Doesn't look clueless by perp though...

I think I read it to many times and can't decide now. But you're right, it is the word "on" that is throwing me.

I agree. I realize I am picking at words and looking for anything but we have little so I do that lol. I realize typos happen and transcription can result in such things and it is minor to the overall case but as a group like us here, we (or at least I) look for such things. We also have media who changes one word. Was it a party, did he host it, or a gathering or they just stopped by? If you get my meaning... Hard to know...

Maybe he had a pay by the month cell phone. Did he have cable in his house? He somehow watched the news about her abduction.

Exactly. In the one article, if it can be trusted, he checked twice per day on the badmin thing or whatever. He either left Jayme home a helluva lot or had access to internet.

I agree. I realize I am picking at words and looking for anything but we have little so I do that lol. I realize typos happen and transcription can result in such things and it is minor to the overall case but as a group like us here, we (or at least I) look for such things. We also have media who changes one word. Was it a party, did he host it, or a gathering or they just stopped by? If you get my meaning... Hard to know...
MOO. He didn’t host anything- a couple family members stopped by on Christmas, whether they felt obligated or they were checking on him because he’s weird (to put it mildly) and it’s Christmas. MOO.

Interesting wording in the different articles. One calls it a visit and another goes full fledged party with family partying upstairs. I wonder which is the most accurate? SMH.

I'm betting the family dropped by with some gifts. That place looks like a garage full of family relics and there's no way it got that way just since Christmas. Where exactly would a party happen?!

This story has become such clickbait I would imagine every outlet is adding a new element to bring in the readers. The source is most likely the Daily Mail which is famous for mixing a little truth with a whole lot of fluff!

Last edited:
MOO. He didn’t host anything- a couple family members stopped by on Christmas, whether they felt obligated or they were checking on him because he’s weird (to put it mildly) and it’s Christmas. MOO.

I guess it would help if we knew how long they were there and if they were the only ones. And media did not play things or possibly sensationalize as you say a "host' and more. Did he know they were coming? He must have somehow because he warned Jayme. Who knows...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18