AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The simplest explanation is still that the perp (or perps?) was there to take Jayme and killed the parents because they got in the way. To me, that is the only one that doesn't have any major drawbacks. Any theory revolving around one (or both) of the parents being a target just doesn't hold much water when you consider the fact that she was taken.

Same. It was about taking her and she was not easy to grab elsewhere as it has been said she was seldom alone. (In so many words...i.e mom went with her on outings, alleged “caretaker”...) so not easy to take her another way.

Community members just held the 16th annual memorial fundraising ride to generate new leads in this cold case. May JC & her parents not become another cold case...

Edit: quote from post regarding similarity to Jennifer Short case didn’t go thru. My apologies to original poster.

Last edited:
I keep wondering this. Dad is killed instantly, then the intruder enters the home looking for mom. He finds her and shoots her. Jayme attempts to run out, mom makes her way to the bathroom and dials 911 but can't speak due to her injuries. The dispatcher hears Jayme screaming for help as she's running out and intruder follows her and shoots her in the woods. That's the shots the neighbors hear. It's dark out, he can't find her but he's sure she's been hit and he runs back in the house finishes off mom and leaves. I really believe they're going to find Jayme in the woods.

I’ve thought of that too. Also, maybe she ran out the front door with him in pursuit and he caught her near his vehicle, threw her inside it or in the trunk because he knew the LE were on their way and then he made a fast getaway, heading away from town.

Thinking of the idea someone took her to “protect” her... perhaps...and sadly, from herself? What if Jayme was threatening to kill herself? What if that’s what made police think possible suicide? I don’t think she committed any of the murders at all - she’s a victim.

I believe they initially thought suicide because they saw the dad dead at the door, probably with a fatal wound to the head.

I'm starting to think a sexual assault could have occurred between the shots and the 911 call.

I have guns strategically placed throught my home , especially at all entrances and exits, and in my out buildings.

I have motion sensors all over my property. They all have different tones so I know where there might be a problem before anything happens.

Also I have special doors that cannot be shot through, even with a shotgun. It's a 2 edged sword as I can't shoot through on the inside either. Also I would never open my door without a gun, especially at that hour, even if it was a neighbor.

My town has a population of 800. Maybe we are more paranoid out here than a bigger town.

All I know is I am as prepared as I can be.

Oh my!! What are you prepared for and is where you live that dangerous?

Thinking about your question, I'm trying to visualize what may have happened. Is it possible that dad was shot and killed at the door. Mom came running out of the bedroom, tried to lock herself in the bathroom and failed. Between the time that dad was shot and mom called 911, during the 25 minutes between 12:31AM and 12:56AM, did mom remain silent to protect Jayme? Let's suppose Jayme was seen at 12:50, and it took a few minutes for mom to get her phone. Maybe Jayme was already in a vehicle before mom phoned 911.

- just some early thoughts trying to understand this
Would she have locked herself in the bathroom knowing her child was out there in the house though?

The site is challenging tonight, so I hope this posts correctly. Also, I believe I read that we can use Radar here, if not, please delete. I just found this article, take it as you wish.

“The FBI asked my mom if she can remember what his voice sounded like,” Schrunk continued. Her mother noticed a dark colored SUV parked next to hers with a second man inside when the man noted: “Oh. Don’t worry about him.”

"According to Schrunk, a local tipped her off on who her mother might’ve seen and showed her a photo of the car they drive. “Based on the vehicle she sent me, I’m even more certain now because my mom said that is the vehicle.”

"One of the individuals lives close by the Closs residence, surrounded by woods and farmland. The property was in the vicinity of the search led by police and countless volunteers today. The second individual resides in a trailer park – Radar broke the news, the FBI vivisited a trailer park just days after intervening in the case."

Jayme Closs Case Break: Police Receive Chilling Tip Conversation With Strange Man

I wasn't happy with the quality of the other map I made, so I made a new one with clearer labels and layers you can add or remove. That way I can leave all points of interest on there without it getting too cluttered.

I could draw a shape on the map of the search area but I am not sure of the location.

Let me know if there are places I should add or rearrange the categories, ideas, etc.

Jayme Closs Case - Google My Maps

I think if she was shot and killed near the house, she would’ve been found by now. Scent dogs would’ve found her.
I think it’s more likely she was taken, killed elsewhere and dumped. And like Mollie Tibbetts and so many others, she won’t be found until the person who took her confesses. IMO

The recent sad case of the teacher in Maine, who disappeared, Kristin Westra, suicide, was found by kids in an area supposedly checked very well by dogs and searchers! I do wonder if she is nearby in the woods.

Same. It was about taking her and she was not easy to grab elsewhere as it has been said she was seldom alone. (In so many words...i.e mom went with her on outings, alleged “caretaker”...) so not easy to take her another way.

That's a good explanation for why she was taken in the middle of the night from her home. Why did it take so long to take Jayme away after the home invasion started?

- serious systtem errors - s

The main door has a window? That would mean James would have seen who was at the door. Are you sure there was a window in it?

I thought I saw a photo somewhere of the front door with a narrow rectangular window in the middle of the upper half. I think the door was being carried in the photo. Maybe I’m mistaken.

Flamboyant explanations to the contrary, I think Occam's Razor suggests that, when two parents are killed and their daughter is taken, the parents were killed in order to take the daughter.
I think that’s your opinion and there’s nothing Occaam about it. There’s no simple explanation for why an abductor would add in a double homicide, nor why a double murderer would abduct a 13 year old. So here we are. Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadeeire