AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, you must be getting tired of explaining the vehicles of interest by now...I’ve been trying to catch up for the last couple of days and had a good chuckle from your (dare I say...green motorcycle....shhh!) explanations. Sheriff Fitzgerald should put you on the payroll!

I’m up in Canada, 9 hrs away from WI, and I have an orange challenger that lives in my neighborhood. Although I’m certain he’s not the culprit, I’ll be keeping my eye on it just the same. There’s gotta be zero chance a suspect would make it through the border though right?
Haaa. The green motorcycle. I almost had a heart attack for inadvertently spreading misinformation with an analogy.

People come and go, so they miss some things. I’m just trying to keep things on track, even though it does get old repeating myself.

It’s possible that he could have gone to Canada. But he’d need a passport, and it would be tough if he still had a kidnapping victim.

There’s a ton of Dodge Challengers that match that description, and it’s astronomically unlikey that the one you saw, is it.

I have considered it. Or that 2 shots may have come from his own gun and the perp had another gun, and took both with him. Jmo

As I have said before, I live in the woods, and I would not consider living here without a gun of some sort. Mainly because of critters. And, I have a hard time believing Mr. Closs did not have any guns. And LE only said none were found in the house.

I don’t think a house with one teen girl is filled with toys, drawings on fridge, etc...but I don’t have kids...

But there would be a bedroom that would probably not look like an adult's bedroom. School books, a stuffed animal or two, probably some drawings since Jayme apparently liked to draw for her grandfather, a closet with clothing in a smaller size, a school back pack... I used to clean houses at one point in my life and identifying a kid's room was easy.

No. Not cold yet. Warm. But I'm afraid it's heading that way.

I think I just need to shake off, get rid of the negativity I'm feeling today and revisit this one! I do have faith in the LE though.
I think having just two vehicle descriptions gives me hope. Someone knows someone who owns one of the cars. I am hopeful that the police and FBI have a list of suspects right now. I want to be hopeful because this is such a sad case. It makes me want to hunker down and cry to think about Jayme and the poor dog being there.

I personally don't think someone could just get rid of their car that easily other than storing it in a garage and not driving it for awhile. It is possible but I think the suspect would be wary of selling it to someone when it is all over the news now.

As I have said before, I live in the woods, and I would not consider living here without a gun of some sort. Mainly because of critters. And, I have a hard time believing Mr. Closs did not have any guns. And LE only said none were found in the house.
It’s possible, if not likely, that what they meant by that, was that none were found in the open. He may have had a gun safe, or a place where he stored his weapons, if he had any.

I think having just two vehicle descriptions gives me hope. Someone knows someone who owns one of the cars. I am hopeful that the police and FBI have a list of suspects right now. I want to be hopeful because this is such a sad case. It makes me want to hunker down and cry to think about Jayme and the poor dog being there.

I personally don't think someone could just get rid of their car that easily other than storing it in a garage and not driving it for. It is possible but I think the suspect would be wary of selling it to someone when it is all over the news now.

I agree. And someone would remember what car you had before, even if you made an effort to hide it after the crime. There is a bunch of hope in this case... I'm just having a negative day. My apologies everyone :D

There are many facts that appear to be undisclosed by LE, in this case as well as Molly's case. My question is not meant to be a critique of LE but a request for some clarification. Who exactly is responsible for going over these cases - after they are solved to both "grade" the guy in charge and to "adjust " investigative methods- assuming someone does? I can see missing something, but can't accept sloppiness by some investigator and with 200 the odds are..........

There will be a senior investigative officer (SIO) in charge of the case who will be making policy decisions on the forensic , intelligence , arrest and crime strategies that are put in place along with the scene management strategy regarding search parameters. Every action taken is documented in a Policy book, every action considered is written in the Policy book and every action considered but thought to be not viable and filed is written in the Policy book . There will be an investigation review at certain timelines throughout and another SIO will come in to review the case ( fresh pair of eyes) to ensure everything that can be done, is being done. There will be a case review further down the line. This is U.K. policy and protocols but I’m sure the principles are the same in USA even if the methodology isn’t

No. James Closs did not answer the door for the officers
LOL, you must be getting tired of explaining the vehicles of interest by now...I’ve been trying to catch up for the last couple of days and had a good chuckle from your (dare I say...green motorcycle....shhh!) explanations. Sheriff Fitzgerald should put you on the payroll!

I’m up in Canada, 9 hrs away from WI, and I have an orange challenger that lives in my neighborhood. Although I’m certain he’s not the culprit, I’ll be keeping my eye on it just the same. There’s gotta be zero chance a suspect would make it through the border though right?
Or IS it??
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/car-compare-jpg.153026/

Sorry PommyMommy, I'm not off on my hobby horse about the neighbours again. I am simply seeing an anomaly between reports that the neighbours were unaware of police presence until the following morning and any immediate search of the surrounding area when Jayme's absence was known. It just seems to me that with a child missing and a killer missing the police would have gone next door to search? Probably the first place to go since Jayme may have gone there to seek help. If the neighbours have said they were unaware of police presence until next morning then this visit did not happen until next morning?
If I remember correctly, the FBI made their first visit to the neighbors on the next day.

I live in the woods too, and I do believe he would have owned a gun. Its just not been verified. Jmo

Sorry PommyMommy, I'm not off on my hobby horse about the neighbours again. I am simply seeing an anomaly between reports that the neighbours were unaware of police presence until the following morning and any immediate search of the surrounding area when Jayme's absence was known. It just seems to me that with a child missing and a killer missing the police would have gone next door to search? Probably the first place to go since Jayme may have gone there to seek help. If the neighbours have said they were unaware of police presence until next morning then this visit did not happen until next morning?
No need to apologize. These are good questions, but I can only guess at answers. Maybe they are hard sleepers. Maybe law enforcement had their hands full next door with the two murders and it took time to confirm whether Jayme was missing or not. I just don't know. Sowwy. ;) MOO

Last edited:

I personally don't think someone could just get rid of their car that easily other than storing it in a garage and not driving it for awhile. It is possible but I think the suspect would be wary of selling it to someone when it is all over the news now.

Do u mean the Monte Carlo? Maybe they stole it and needed to get outta Dodge, ran it until gas was low, then right into the lake. Will be interested to see what the VIN shows...

Sorry, I had another thought about what could have happened. JC may have been leaving work and had an argument with a coworker, or may have started to pull out of the parking lot without looking closely and almost caused an accident. Whoever it was gets very irate and pulled a gun/rifle/shotgun out of his car and threatened JC with it. JC takes off in his car and hurries home; he parks where his truck was found and rushes into the house to grab a gun of his own or maybe just his phone to call 911. As he shut the door, [he yells to DC to call 911 as (if you don't accept the neighbor's time)] the other guy comes and kicks/shoots in the door, and either JC was shot through the door or immediately after the door was opened. DC comes running into the room to see what's going on and immediately turns around to try to find a safe place to call from. If the neighbor's time is correct, he may have assaulted her one way or another (either physically or sexually), but if their time is off she may have called right away and it was the scuffle at the door that the 911 operator heard. Either way, he shoots her sooner or later, and JC comes from her bedroom to see what woke her up. If DC hadn't already called 911, JC may have gone to the living room first, seen her father and calls them, but the guy comes out of whatever room the assault was taking place and she's too scared to talk. He knocks the phone from her hand and knows LE will be there soon so he grabs her and runs.

It made so much more sense in my head than it does reading this, but I spent too much time on it to just delete it. MOO

Years? Really? I've seen LE refer to cases as "cold cases" after 6 months.
Yeah. There’s no time definition of when a case becomes “cold.”

It’s a matter of all angles being exhausted, and all tips being vetted. Once that happens, a case goes “cold.”

Can I please ask a question? Did I read somewhere that the closs neighbours were unaware of the police at the closs house until next day when police came to the house? Do we know what time that was?

There were also reports of someone repeatedly driving by the scene and who was asked to stop by LE. Not sure if was a worried family member or someone just being nosy.

As time goes by, these details will be lost, IMO. Went back to the timeline thread posted at the start of each thread (thanks whiskers16! ) and could not find any substantiation of the person or persons who kept driving by. It may be nothing... if anyone has a link, please share.

Also noted in whisker’s 16 timeline of events is the search at Anderson Dairy. Not seen any talk here about that- it’s probably nothing but wanted to hear your thoughts, especially from the locals.

Sorry, I had another thought about what could have happened. JC may have been leaving work and had an argument with a coworker, or may have started to pull out of the parking lot without looking closely and almost caused an accident. Whoever it was gets very irate and pulled a gun/rifle/shotgun out of his car and threatened JC with it. JC takes off in his car and hurries home; he parks where his truck was found and rushes into the house to grab a gun of his own or maybe just his phone to call 911. As he shut the door, [he yells to DC to call 911 as (if you don't accept the neighbor's time)] the other guy comes and kicks/shoots in the door, and either JC was shot through the door or immediately after the door was opened. DC comes running into the room to see what's going on and immediately turns around to try to find a safe place to call from. If the neighbor's time is correct, he may have assaulted her one way or another (either physically or sexually), but if their time is off she may have called right away and it was the scuffle at the door that the 911 operator heard. Either way, he shoots her sooner or later, and JC comes from her bedroom to see what woke her up. If DC hadn't already called 911, JC may have gone to the living room first, seen her father and calls them, but the guy comes out of whatever room the assault was taking place and she's too scared to talk. He knocks the phone from her hand and knows LE will be there soon so he grabs her and runs.

It made so much more sense in my head than it does reading this, but I spent too much time on it to just delete it. MOO

This has been my gut feeling since day one and I have posted it. To me it is the most logical. Confrontation, followed him home, broke in, and completed his or her rampage. Too violent for premeditation and too direct...not random. I think they all knew the perp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bubbles—