AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Without giving any more details on the how, is this something that can be done quickly and without making noise? If not then that may be why perp(s) chose the front door instead.
VERY quickly and easily.

It's a burglary " B&E 101" technique. You jerk the door with the locking mechanism up very hard and fast, and the lock simply moves right away. It's not loud. Also doesn't take a big brawny man to do. I can do it. Sliding one of the doors off that stupid little metal track takes about 30 seconds. Again, not loud, not hard at all to do. Both make slight metallic sounds, but burglars/ others performing criminal B and E may know how to get around that. IDK.

A burglar could do this in one minute or less. Just go look at the videos. I don't think we are supposed to link them here or I would.

Snipped by me......

.......Sometimes the evidence just isn't there or isn't enough to solve the crime. That doesn't mean LE isn't doing its job .........

Agree.

That's why I continue to believe, on a scale of 1-10, LE still has no idea who (9) did it, why (9) they did it or where (10) they are.

Still hoping I'm wrong.

That's a really good point!

Does this maybe suggest whoever did it wasn't familiar with the house/hadn't scouted it out? Or maybe that they wanted to go through the front door for another reason?

Anger and rage.

Do they need a phone to get records? Seems not to be the case these days...but maybe some things are possible with actual phone only? I have no idea...my phone is just a phone :(

A phone gives instant results because you can see everything. If you have to get phone records it requires a court order (privacy issues) and it all take a while to assemble the info.

Hi guys, I’ve been away and very behind. Not sure if this has been posted yet or discussed? Sorry if repost!

(Not sure if related but the vehicles sure do look similar imo)

Car discovered in Fox River in Oshkosh

259e174f-ceca-4d69-a83d-835706c60c4f-large16x9_oshkosh4.jpg
Goodness thank you! This is my first time seeing this car. Wow. How far from the Closs home is this? I wonder if a tip got this one. Looks just like what they are looking for. Anybody up to doing a side by side? I would but don't know how. TIA

Beau Monde, the pup in my profile photo, said he'd be happier if I deleted my post as it wasn't too kindly stated about our missing little Jayme's chances of being alive now. I'm sorry, Beau, and fellow posters.

Last edited:
I asked this in a previous thread but got no responses. Do you guys think LE has recovered all evidence/info they possibly can from social media, family computers, cell phones, etc? I'm not sure how long this generally takes. Interested in thoughts on this.

They for sure have phone records by now. Maybe not the messages, but the call/message logs. Probably had them after the first day or two. Computers and social media can take a little longer, but I'm sure they have the best techs in the FBI on it so they gotta have a great deal of info from that stuff by now.

I don't believe these figures are based on convictions. I might be wrong, but from what I've read so far it is based on indictments.

Yes but they won't indict now without a lot more than they used to have to have.

For example, in the 60's, the clearance rate was about 90%. And that was without DNA and a lot of other technology we have today.

Or maybe that's because of that lack.

Then came CSI. And everyone thinks they're a detective and that crimes must be solved in a week or there's no evidence.

Today people don't understand circumstantial evidence.

Of course back then they probably routinely beat the hell out of suspects and got a lot of confessions that way as well!!

Snipped by me......

Agree.

That's why I continue to believe, on a scale of 1-10, LE still has no idea who (9) did it, why (9) they did it or where (10) they are.

Still hoping I'm wrong.
They may not be there yet, but a case can go from ice cold to boiling hot in a heartbeat.

I do get the feeling that they don’t have much to go on here though.

Anger and rage.

A phone gives instant results because you can see everything. If you have to get phone records it requires a court order (privacy issues) and it all take a while to assemble the info.

Goodness thank you! This is my first time seeing this car. Wow. How far from the Closs home is this? I wonder if a tip got this one. Looks just like what they are looking for. Anybody up to doing a side by side? I would but don't know how. TIA
I think that car looks like a Monte Carlo. I drove a thunderbird at one point, which had a similar body shape. I googled “1994 Monte Carlo red” and found many pictures that look like that car. ( though not 94 models, as I was thinking).

Chevrolet Monte Carlo | Pricing, Ratings, Reviews | Kelley Blue Book
Edited to add link and be more clear.

How to get your patio door UNLATCHED and OFF the slider tracks ( meaning one panel is off and that space is open to air).
I know this works. Might want to ignore the last part about breaking the glass because NO ONE does this. Break your window and climb in first.

https://www.ackermansecurity.com/news/why-burglars-love-sliding-glass-doors-amp-how

One last thing: This is assuming the Closs family didn't have a " stick" or additional after- market lock installed. I've never had either one on a patio door because if all else failed, the intruder WOULD break the glass. That's a last ditch maneuver. Just read the ackermansecurity.com report, OK?

Like most of us...I agree this whole kicking doors in just seems so personal...angry, vengeful...
Could be some psychopath decided: easiest way to get in is knock...they come to door, shoot them, force your entry whatever you must....
HOWEVER....
Does also suggest that this person was known...not necessarily a friend, family member or disgruntled employee - but a person from the community they would recognize....

As another poster suggested: James has chain on door...opens a fraction....the perp is angry, shouting.....things escalate with James being shot, then the door kicked in

Sometimes I think this is directed toward parents and Jayme was an afterthought...a bit of a 'oh crap' moment...now what to do....that's why they are there so long. Shooting the parents wasn't necessarily the 'plan'...and now there's this kid to deal with. Once 911 called, no more time to think: they take her and bail....

HAVING SAID THAT...lol, sigh...
Quite possible, this is someone in the community who, again, is not well known to them but they would recognize them. Someone obsessed with Jayme, someone who is having an imaginary relationship with her. Some little perceived slight or condemnation on the parents part might be enough for them to lose it....There would be no texts, emails, or any other indicator for LE to go on....
If so, though...this perp must be mentally ill to some extent...would make you wonder how independent of a life they would lead....in which case, be very difficult to keep Jayme hidden if - for instance - they had to live with parents or relatives or any other situation of assistance from others.....

Regardless I cannot help but feel that if this person was a close friend, family member, disgruntled employee, or any person who was close to the family....we'd all know by now.....maybe I am wrong there....you need evidence to charge someone....I sure hope LE has a good idea, and is working on that evidence.....but then again....if any chance Jayme is their captive: I don't think they'd be taking their time: they'd get a warrant & search....Eh...every thought: counter thought....

I will say it again, why would one break down a door when all he/she/them had to do was walk approx 25 feet around the corner of house and break the glass patio door. :confused:
That should give us maybe some insight on perp(s)

If someone was there to grab Jayme, one would think that the best way would be to sneak in quietly (maybe through a window), especially if it was a boyfriend or on-line interest that thought she'd go willingly. Smashing in the front door strikes me as "shock and awe" - an attempt to terrorize the occupants.

Criticizing LE and saying "they don't know anything" are two very different things.

If you assume that people are being critical of LE when they say that you'd be wrong most of the time.

In this case, I don't think LE has anything real solid as far as a suspect or motive, but I also don't think they are doing anything wrong. LE certainly appears to be working hard, they just haven't caught a break yet. Some cases are tough.

When someone says something like "I don't think they have much" or something along those lines, what they are saying is "this one might take a while." It's only negative if you take it that way.

When I take it as negative it's due to recognizing consistent posting history OR it's due to context.

But in response to those who think LE simply doesn't have much to go on - no fault of their own, no criticism, just a concern- I don't think I've ever seen a case where that's true.

I know it's not true here. I mean I guess it's all relative? But to me that massive list of evidence posted by Whiskers shows they indeed have a ton of stuff to go on. Is it a particular suspect or motive? I don't know.

But I know they know much more than we do.

WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member