AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They had both worked there for 27 years.
In other news:
Neighbors said they moved to the neighborhood 7 years ago.
But remember seeing here that real estate records showed home was purchased well before.

I'm not sure I understand -- are you saying his long tenure makes my idea unlikely? It seems to only make it more likely, to me, that James could currently be in management even while co-workers remembering him could make reference to working on the line with him.

And re real estate, it's possible they owned the house and rented it out in the earlier years? That doesn't seem likely to me but it's a possible explanation if it turns out to be true that they bought in '01 (or whenever) and only moved in 7 years ago.

I think it as to do with drugs and it being the wrong house. The chair and someone possibly being tied to it. Makes me think somebody was looking for something. An orange dodge charger also seems like a car a drug dealer would buy.
Thats the only scenario that makes sense in this senseless tragedy. The house may have been mistaken as the woman's house .04 miles away who was arrested for meth the day after this happened.

Okay, I went a different route and finally found this ad (which was posted here previously) from a linkable site. It's from Feb 2017 and says the hours for 2nd shift are 4pm - 1am. The ad is for team members in the palletizing, loading and picking departments.

I don't know if this is relevant or not. Would boning be done in the picking department? We know James was home prior to 1 am. Hmmm...

Shipping 1st, 2nd, 3rd Shifts, Jennie O, Barron, WI
View attachment 153183
Since the former employee said that the 2nd shift ended at 12:30 am, I assume that means you can leave 30 min early if you don’t take your full 30 min dinner break and (2) 15 min breaks? Not sure about WI labor laws.

That looks very relevant to me. I would think picking would be deboning, but what do I know about Turkey factories? Nothing, lol. The co-worker said James had to deliver meat to shipping. Seems likely he would work the same hours as shipping in that case. It seems likely to me that those shifts are his possible hours. If those are his hours he might have been working 1st shift (7 AM - 4 PM) during the family birthday party. We don't know the hours of the party do we?
Just that it was in the afternoon. It at least makes sense that James didn't attend because of work. To me, anyway. Even if he arrived home by 4:30, I don't think he'd want to turn around and leave for a child's birthday party after working all day. MOO

Since the former employee said that the 2nd shift ended at 12:30 am, I assume that means you can leave 30 min early if you don’t take your full 30 min dinner break and (2) 15 min breaks? Not sure about WI labor laws.
Did the former employee work in the picking/boning department, if you remember? I just vaguely recall that discussion. I know next to nothing about this type of operation or WI labor laws, so don't feel alone. Are we comparing apples to apples or apples to oranges, lol? MOO

That looks very relevant to me. I would think picking would be deboning, but what do I know about Turkey factories? Nothing, lol. The co-worker said James had to deliver meat to shipping. Seems likely he would work the same hours as shipping in that case. It seems likely to me that those shifts are his possible hours. If those are his hours he might have been working 1st shift (7 AM - 4 PM) during the family birthday party. We don't know the hours of the party do we?
I work in manufacturing, not food-related, but we have a "picking" operation. For us picking is in the warehouse right near where shipments are loaded and sent out. Instead of a full truckload of product going to say Walmart, the picking operation is for smaller orders that get shipped as parcels (ex. UPS). Maybe you have an online ordering system with 100 available items. The picking area would have some inventory of those 100 items, and the workers take the order list and "pick" each of the items from inventory to place in the box.

Is that what they mean by picking for Jennie-O? Not sure.

Both spent their lives in this corner of northwestern Wisconsin, where family roots run deep in all the local towns. James Closs, 56, was a high school basketball star for the Ladysmith Lumberjacks, leading them to a second-place finish in the Wisconsin state basketball tournament in 1981.

Denise Closs, 46, grew up in nearby Cornell. She taught religious education classes at several Catholic churches in the area. Loved ones remembered her as a gentle soul who grew flowers, fed birds and helped everyone, any way she could.

MR, who worked with the couple, said James Closs remained a huge sports fan when his high school sports career ended. He still played softball on local teams, and his name appears on a board in the weight room at the Barron Area Community Center honoring those who have put in more than 1,000 hours of workouts.

Denise Closs was devoted to family, filling her personal Facebook page with family photos, especially of her mother, BN, who died of cancer in 2016. Denise Closs took part in several fundraising events for the American Cancer Society in memory of her mother.
Hundreds turn out to remember parents of missing Wisconsin teen Jayme Closs

Thanks Pommy. This shows they were normal hard working people who were active in their communities. Just an average couple taking part in small town life. I was hoping for some clues but I see nothing.
Who would do this to them? :(
And who would take Jayme? :(

early in the week last week I read something about her being on her phone during the party a lot. I am fairly sure it was a article on here I seen it in. does anyone know what article that would be from? I want to re read it but cant find it.

edit to add...could it have been a article that wasn't allowed and post removed? if so I don't mean to break the rules.

Did the former employee work in the picking/boning department, if you remember? I just vaguely recall that discussion. I know next to nothing about this type of operation or WI labor laws, so don't feel alone. Are we comparing apples to apples or apples to oranges, lol? MOO
Don’t remember dept. When I hear “picking”, I think it means selecting pallets of product and moving it w a forklift to another area? I know it is back breaking work and frustration runs high as you have quotas to fill and are paid more the faster you work. (At least near me you do.)

After being out of town and away from the internet for 2 days I am surprised to see I've missed 2 threads. But that is good - publicity is good.

This case almost reminds me of the Lauria Bible-Ashley Freeman case from 1999. Except in that case, Ashley's father was suspected of being a small time marijuana dealer and I don't see that here. Also the evidence was eliminated through a house fire. What does bother me is that in the case of Bible/Freeman they was alive for a few days after being abducted and some of the locals had strong suspicions about the ones who actually committed the crime.

I wonder if this was more than one person. One to control Jayme while the other drove them away from the scene.

Didn't LE ask for anyone who had seen the autos mentioned to call them?
Did they ask for anyone who owns a vehicle with these descriptions to contact them?
This is from the Sheriff's post: "If anyone sees or has seen either of these vehicles in or around Barron County over the past two weeks they are asked to call our tip line 1-855-744-3879 with the time they observed it, location observed and plate number." Barron County Sheriff's Department

So, it doesn't sound like he specifically asked for owners of those vehicles to come forward.

Also, from the presser on 10/24 - If you were on Hwy 8 between 12:30 and 1:30 am, call the tipline.

I work in manufacturing, not food-related, but we have a "picking" operation. For us picking is in the warehouse right near where shipments are loaded and sent out. Instead of a full truckload of product going to say Walmart, the picking operation is for smaller orders that get shipped as parcels (ex. UPS). Maybe you have an online ordering system with 100 available items. The picking area would have some inventory of those 100 items, and the workers take the order list and "pick" each of the items from inventory to place in the box.

Is that what they mean by picking for Jennie-O? Not sure.

Thanks, that makes sense Whiskers. Obviously, I know nothing about this, lol. I live in the South and when someone says "picking" my mind goes to "a pig picking"-- an event where hosts will BBQ a large side of pork and then "pick" all the meat off of it. Since Jennie-O is in Wisconsin that definition of "picking" meat off of bones probably doesn't apply.

Your company's definition is probably right since that ad was for a company shipping department.

Now if only we knew whether Jennie-O's turkey deboning dept worked the same hours as the shipping dept.

I have never added a link and got deleted yesterday for citing something on a different case that is not allowed, so, can someone tell me if CBS news is allowed?

They had both worked there for 27 years.
In other news:
Neighbors said they moved to the neighborhood 7 years ago.
But remember seeing here that real estate records showed home was purchased well before.
I thought I saw 2001 as sale date on realtor.ca. Maybe that’s just when they had last avail data for? There was a realtor on here yesterday or bright and early this morning who posted about the land size and some other info but if he/she also noted the actual purchase date for when the family bought it, I missed it. If not; we may wanna ask them to find out.

My theory #2: (it’s MOO)

For whatever reason the perp chose the Closs home, after he broke the door jamb & got in, he then got into a physical altercation with James and ended up killing him... with either James’ gun or his own.

Denise appeared or he found her and possibly raped her and then shot her, also.

Perp then saw/found Jayme and decided to rape her also (or maybe a second perp did). But before actually doing so, he/they discovered Denise was still alive & had called 911.

The phone was hung up & perp either shot her again or hit her hard enough to kill her.

Because he knew he had to get out fast, and he wasn’t able to finish sexually abusing Jayme, decided to forcibly take her with him and rape her later.

MOO

The "picking" department is where they "pick" the products for order shipments. ;);)

But, what would that have to do with taking Jayme rather than just killing her too?

To me there are a few different reasons for why they took Jayme -
1) They ran out of bullets.
2) They couldn't bring themselves to kill a child, but knew she could identify or describe them.
3) They planned to use her as a hostage/bargaining chip if found by LE, i.e. back off or we kill her.
4) They wanted Jayme i.e. either obsessed with/in love with/or sexually.
5) She was involved in the crime.

I don't believe it was 5. If it was one or two, then she is likely already dead, or will be soon. Three will possibly also end up with her dead. Four is her best chance for still being alive, but hate to think what she may go through. She has to be found and soon.

.... I don't know the veracity of that though because there would have been sirens and flashing lights. It would not have been quiet.

I can't say what the exact policy is for this county, but my husband has served in our rural EMS department, and their policy is no sirens after "bedtime" (I don't remember the exact hours.) Sirens are to let traffic know an emergency vehicle is coming. There simply isn't enough late night traffic in a rural area to justify waking everybody up. Even during the day, Fire and EMS vehicles would only run sirens from their station to the edge of town. LE generally runs their sirens the entire distance to the scene during the day (when exceedingly the speed limit) at which point it would immediately be shut off.

Re: EMS/Fire adding to the noise... It is possible that the first two arrivals, RK & AK (not sure which department, I believe their ID#s were 4103 & 4104 used a siren to the scene, but finding James and Denise past help, they would have alerted their department and everyone else would have arrived quietly.

And it's possible that some of the volunteer Fire/EMS workers came in their personal vehicles, which may have lights, but not sirens. An example of a responder who may have come straight there0, RK #4103 can be found on the Barron County GIS map, about 1/2 mile west of the Closs house on the south side of the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme