AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Posting this again:

October 29, 2018 Update

We have received over 2000 tips and have closed over 1875 of them and continue to work on this case. Please continue to call in your tips 1-855-744-3879 or jaymetips@co.barron.wi.us and we will bring Jayme home.

There is a tip out there that will break this case, keep them coming in. Thank you again for the community support behind the law enforcement effort on this case.

Also on Saturday Oct 27, 2018 we arrested Kyle Jaenke, 32 of Cameron for Burglary at the Closs home. Jaenke has been cleared of any involvement in the disappearance but was charged in Barron County Court today with Burglary and Bail Jumping.

Sheriff Fitzgerald

Barron County Sheriff's Department

Is it just me being picky, or is it strange they said they cleared him of involvement in Jayme's disappearance but no mention he has been cleared in the murders? I get they are are sort of the same event, but seems like they should also make it more clear this guy didn't kick in the door and shoot James and Denise.
No? Ok, moving along... This is probably a random creep who is not very smart to rob a house that was crawling with FBI agents for 11 days. MOO.

Looks like you and @Parks are thinking the same things.

I can't imagine anything we have heard that would make one think there was something incorrect about the household. They seemed like hard working people whose main concern was their child and helping others in need. Jayme seemed well cared for, was active in extra curricular activities, and had no disciplinary issues at school that we know of. They managed to pay for years of private dance classes although they likely didn't have a ton of money. They arranged for an adult to care for her when they were not home. It seems to me they did all the right things. Jmo

A family who someone may be very jealous of. Someone who blames everyone else for the shortcomings in their life.

Then one day something positive happens for the Closs family and the perp is outraged. The straw that broke the camel’s back

LE can say it however many times they like but they knew this would stir people. This is bound to leave a bad taste in peoples mouths and questions unanswered. I wonder if LE is playing a game here.
I highly doubt that LE is playing any sort of game here. This isn’t a scenario where they are likely to employ “catch and release” in order to basically allow an offender to build a case against themselves.

It would be incredibly dangerous to allow a double murderer back into the public. They would hold him on unrelated charges, and search every place that he is connected to. They’d still be able to build a case without taking the risk of release.

Unless we see new search activity reported in the media, I think it’s pretty safe to take the word of the police, at face value.

He is very likely unconnected to the violence against the Closs family.

I'm not sure what bail jumping is? Yet he is released on bail?
In Wisconsin Bail Jumping is when you are not compliant with the conditions attached to any bail/bond release.

946.49  Bail jumping.
(1)  Whoever, having been released from custody under ch. 969, intentionally fails to comply with the terms of his or her bond is:
(a) If the offense with which the person is charged is a misdemeanor, guilty of a Class A misdemeanor.
(b) If the offense with which the person is charged is a felony, guilty of a Class H felony.
Wisconsin Legislature: 946.49

Where I work, our second shift does not start work until Monday night. They don't work Sunday night. Our third shift is the first shift working on Sunday night/Monday morning
12224.jpg

1st shift 7 am - 4 pm
2nd shift 4 pm - 1 am
3rd shift 8 pm - 6 am

https://marketplace.apg-
wi.com/places/view/12224/jennie_o.html

Published shifts per Jennie O in Barron, WI employment ad.
NOT confirmation of the shifts by victims. MOO

LE can say it however many times they like but they knew this would stir people. This is bound to leave a bad taste in peoples mouths and questions unanswered. I wonder if LE is playing a game here.
BBM

Yes. Let's hope they're on to something !

I don't have a problem with that.
LE are more focused on this case than anyone ; imo.
I feel for the first responders and the forensics crew.
Not a sight you'd ever get used to. :(

So in the sheriffs fb post, he said he was “cleared of any involvement in the disappearance.” He doesn’t say anything about the murders. Just caught my eye. Chance are this guy is just a weirdo who took advantage of an empty house. I know the two go hand in hand, but why not say “cleared of murders and disappearance at the Closs residence?”

Good catch .

RE "It seems that those shorelines and bodies of water would be a priority before they freeze over for the winter. There would be no recovery until next spring. Perhaps LE has information that makes this approach unecessary."

I agree and thought this too. I continually go back to the feeling that there is a key piece that LE knows and not revealing at this time. Something that makes them think she is alive and hasn't warranted a search of water in the area. I also keep going back to this is someone Jayme knew. or someone that fixated on her or a perceived need/reason to take her... and she was the target... if she weren't, there would be 3 people found deceased that day imo. I have a few other thoughts that aren't permitted to post here (NOT implicating Jayme or her parents, nor any "group" of people to be clear :) That really bothers me when I see any suggestion posted about this and glad there was a post reminding this.)

Hi IslandGirrl.
Welcome, you have just started posting.:):):)
Yes, why haven't 'bodies of water' been searched?
These would be a way, of disposing a body.:(

When you think this can't get any stranger than it already is-this happens!
How awful for Jaymie. I remember 13, and I would be mortified. heck I'm 51 and I would still be mortified, but at 13 it would be even worse.
I can only imagine how terrified she is after her beloved parents were killed, and now someone has her captive.
It's good to know that she has lots of family that loves her to the moon and back, to help her cope now, and after she gets back home.

I wonder why LE made a public comment about the person arrested at the the Closs home not being the perp that took Jayme. Do you think it is to protect this offender from public assumptions?
Yes....... Old innocent kinky Kyle seems to have taken over the thread now. He is the only new info since the big search the other day.

My opinion is that the reason the guy who burglarized the home was cleared fairly quickly and that police say they believe Jayme is still alive is because they have an idea of what happened and who Jayme may be with but not definite proof and no idea where they may be.

I highly doubt that LE is playing any sort of game here. This isn’t a scenario where they are likely to employ “catch and release” in order to basically allow an offender to build a case against themselves.

It would be incredibly dangerous to allow a double murderer back into the public. They would hold him on unrelated charges, and search every place that he is connected to. They’d still be able to build a case without taking the risk of release.

Unless we see new search activity reported in the media, I think it’s pretty safe to take the word of the police, at face value.

He is very likely unconnected to the violence against the Closs family.

Of course, unlikely. But LE have done it before. We've seen it.

LE in MD gave Laura Wallen's killer free rein and then set up a whole presser just to catch this guy out. It was both cleverly thought out and ensured that they got Tyler Tessier behind bars.

While unlikely, it's not impossible. And it works. Sometimes.

At Libraries here, all computer entries have a record of the computer used, when you log in.
Wouldn't it be possible, to check one's computer usage records, to note what was searched/played/entered and have a record?
I think most libraries have the patron computer history auto-wiped at the end of the day. Ours does that, and automatically removes downloaded files that could gunk up our system.

You use a library card to check out books and use the computer. But unless you specifically request that we set your card up to retain information on everything you check out from us, the only thing we can look up is what you currently have out or any items you had that you actually owe money on (overdue, lost books, etc.). We cannot view any other history because we do not retain that information on the system.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder why LE made a public comment about the person arrested at the the Closs home not being the perp that took Jayme. Do you think it is to protect this offender from public assumptions?
Yes. It protects him, and helps to minimize unrelated tips coming in, in relation to this guy.

The police need to keep the focus on things that may be relevant to the Closs murders/kidnapping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kfran