AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did some research and I can see the names of the owners for this address/property, but it’s not a name that has been mentioned at all. I wonder about the connection, too? Hmmm

According to the timeline of events at the very beginning on page 1 of this thread it was entered at 03.57.47 that JLC was listed as a missing juvenile.[/QUOTE]
Yes. 3:27 they went to the other house. 3:57 they entered her as missing and 4:50 they left the other house.

It could be possible the person involved had no real contact with the victims until this incident. Some one who knows them but doesn't run in the same circle. They could have been watched for a long time. Some one eavesdropping on conversations and piecing together their schedule but not really knowing for certain like someone with direct contact. That could explain why they chose that day. They heard Jayme and mom would be going to a party and dad would be away at work but it turned out dad was home and wasn't expected.

"elektroangel, post: 14514639, member: 136394"]According to the timeline of events at the very beginning on page 1 of this thread it was entered at 03.57.47 that JLC was listed as a missing juvenile.
Yes. 3:27 they went to the other house. 3:57 they entered her as missing and 4:50 they left the other house.[/QUOTE]

Ah thanks for clearing that up! Begs the question though, if they listed Jayme missing at 3.57 why didn't they leave the 'other house' until 4.50?

Last edited by a moderator:
"WiseOwl, post: 14514651, member: 196318"]Yes. 3:27 they went to the other house. 3:57 they entered her as missing and 4:50 they left the other house.

Ah thanks for clearing that up! Begs the question though, if they listed Jayme missing at 3.57 why didn't they leave the 'other house' until 4.50?[/QUOTE]

I wondered this as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Different angle, and perhaps a useless one, but here goes:

We have been naturally assuming that the father was killed first, because he was found first at the front door entrance.

How would it change things, if we were to find out that he was killed after the mother?

We can't be sure of anything. A lot of people have assumed that the first shots were directed at him, but the shots that the neighbors heard could just as well have been from when they shot the door to gain entrance. (I've seen both "kicked in" and "shot in". I wonder if the shots were at the locks, and then the door was kicked? Maybe.) So once inside, it might be that both JC and DC were still alive, as would make more sense if they were looking for or asking about something specific. Then later, maybe 20 minutes later, both are killed. Order doesn't really matter. But location might. Was JC trying to make a break to get help, which is why he was by the door?

Of course, none of this explains why Jayme was taken. And that's the odd thing. Generally these types of home invasions don't result in the abduction of a child, although I know there are exceptions.

A few days ago I followed a link involving a judgement against Denise Closs for almost $15K from what appeared to be possibly a credit card company or some other credit company. Others had written this off as insignificant as within a couple of weeks the case had be marked as paid. So what has me wondering is how did someone who is already in heavy debt, enough to be sued over, suddenly pays the debt off?

Any insights?

I pray that the investigators finally get a break in this highly frustrating case. So many theories, and although they are all possible none of them quite make sense. Of course, we don't have all of the pieces either which makes things even more frustrating. Someone knows what happened that night. Someone knows where Jayme is...

We can't be sure of anything. A lot of people have assumed that the first shots were directed at him, but the shots that the neighbors heard could just as well have been from when they shot the door to gain entrance. (I've seen both "kicked in" and "shot in". I wonder if the shots were at the locks, and then the door was kicked? Maybe.) So once inside, it might be that both JC and DC were still alive, as would make more sense if they were looking for or asking about something specific. Then later, maybe 20 minutes later, both are killed. Order doesn't really matter. But location might. Was JC trying to make a break to get help, which is why he was by the door?

Of course, none of this explains why Jayme was taken. And that's the odd thing. Generally these types of home invasions don't result in the abduction of a child, although I know there are exceptions.
The Closs family are the ones that put it out there that the door was shot in, but it was the police chief that later confirmed that the door had actually been kicked in. I'd go with that.

Need to wash and wax my vehicles today as the snow is coming tomorrow PM so I won’t be around much. Can’t believe how addicting the thread can become. I even found myself reading a thread the other day on my phone. LOL

This is all a recap of my thoughts but until new facts surface I am sticking with them. First, I think LE is doing an excellent job and am proud of their work thus far. Mostly just because of the resources they immediately pulled in and the exposure the case is getting.

I really think that either one, or both parents were targeted. This was not a robbery gone wrong or wrong address. I think it was very personal in nature. I believe the perp(s) came to the door with a gun (probably a shotgun) meaning to do business. I don’t think James had the gun on the inside as I don’t think any perp would be stupid enough to start beating down a door if they were unarmed. From the pics I have seen of Jim he appears to be a good-sized man and it would be very hard to kick in a door with him behind it armed. And most people I know that have guns don’t have them locked and loaded ready for action next to their bed. But having said that I can see if James and Denise worked different shifts she might have a loaded gun around just because she was home alone with her young daughter. Many women in this area are just as gun savoy as the men. But I think the perp(s) brought the gun and James was unarmed. There is also the possibility James (unarmed) could have been the one that kicked the door in and the perp was on the other side armed. This is purely speculation on my part and until facts come out to the contrary it is my opinion. Yes, I’m just a sleuth in diapers so I could be completely wrong on every aspect. I’m just hoping and praying for a major break in the case to be announced.

I spent over 2 hours this morning looking at recent home invasion cases that involved kidnapping. In every case I looked at, the person kidnapped was driven to an ATM and then released. In other words, there was a clear purpose behind the kidnapping.

If this was a random home invasion, it's the strangest home invasion I've ever seen. Nothing taken, that we know of...other than a 13 year old girl.
Like minds. Those 2 factors alone barely made statistical reports let alone adding murder.

It could be possible the person involved had no real contact with the victims until this incident. Some one who knows them but doesn't run in the same circle. They could have been watched for a long time. Some one eavesdropping on conversations and piecing together their schedule but not really knowing for certain like someone with direct contact. That could explain why they chose that day. They heard Jayme and mom would be going to a party and dad would be away at work but it turned out dad was home and wasn't expected.

I am leaning in this direction. I think the person watched the house from the woods for awhile and quietly stalked the victims and gained all the info he could from surveillance of the family members. I think the person is a loner and would come across as very quiet to others. I don't think anyone notices him missing if he is missing and at another location with Jayme. I think he killed James quickly, right in the doorway and may have spent more time the Denise before killing her. I think the goal was to take Jayme. Regardless, this is one sick and twisted monster

We keep seeing the same one or two photos of the Closs family over and over. Is there a problem with uploading the wedding announcement press clipping of her first marriage? It has a different photo than I've seen previously.
I would ask a moderator for advice in terms of posting this photo. It would need an MSM link to it, that much I do know.

I'm not writing this off or being rude even though it will sound that way...

But how would that have played out do you think?
I don't know exactly. What would help is if we knew how the father was dressed- ready for bed, or in street clothes? Could he have come in late from work or some other social activity, heard something going on in the house, and tried to break down the door to get in? Perp(s) heard him and shot him when he got through the door?

We don't even know if they knew the Closson family or not (perp or perps). We don't have a description of anyone at this time to go by.

Also, what is very intriguing to me is that the sheriff never fully states that Jayme was kidnapped. The reward that I have seen is for her location- what exactly that alludes to, is a mystery to me. Alive and well, or already deceased? The focus of the reward is finding Jayme, but not the perp(s) right now. The sheriff never completely states that they feel she was kidnapped, just missing. It's like they dance around the issue when it is brought up. He acts like they all know she is alive, but we don't know how or why he/they have come to this conclusion.

A few days ago I followed a link involving a judgement against Denise Closs for almost $15K from what appeared to be possibly a credit card company or some other credit company. Others had written this off as insignificant as within a couple of weeks the case had be marked as paid. So what has me wondering is how did someone who is already in heavy debt, enough to be sued over, suddenly pays the debt off?

Any insights?
Emph. mine

Maybe Denise had a second job ?

Wait-- was this paid off after the murders ?
Maybe family members paid it off ?
Curious if there was a money trail to be followed involving the murders.

We keep seeing the same one or two photos of the Closs family over and over. Is there a problem with uploading the wedding announcement press clipping of her first marriage? It has a different photo than I've seen previously.

Heavy. com , DailyMail.com , and RadarOnline.com are verified news sources.... Just an fyi.

Any insights?

That was years before this happened wasnt it?

Imo this is nothing more than a personal matter and has absolutely no relevancy whatsoever to what happened in late 2018.

I truly dont even understand why it is being brought up AGAIN??

What Denise was able to do years ago to satisfy her debt was her business and none of ours. JMO

Imo

Last edited:
I think the key to this case lies in the phone call made at 00.53 on the 15 October. This is what we know (taken from page 1 of this thread):
  • A 911 call came in early Monday from a cellphone inside the home
  • Fitzgerald said the 911 call came from the home
  • Dispatcher heard a disturbance in the background. But no one spoke directly to the dispatcher
  • Investigator are trying to enhance the audio for clues
  • "No one had direct contact with our dispatcher when they called 911, we hear background noise, things like that"
  • He says the call lasted less than a minute and the only word that can be understood is “help”
I was led to believe that LE said they knew Jayme was at the house that night, due to the 911 call. Can somebody confirm that anyone from LE quoted this anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper