AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The second address they went to in Cumberland per the dispatch record. Has anything come of this? They were en route at 3:27 and didn't leave until 4:50. It wasn't until after they went there that they declared JLC a missing person..

Relative. I'm sure they were checking whether she spent the night with a family member or friend.

Jayme changed schools.
Was an employee, student, tooor parent that she used to see regularly freaked out that she was now enrolled somewhere else?
Did Jayme use school computers with different log in than her one for home use?
Is she a frequent visitor and user of her school and public library computers?
Even with a caregiver accompanying Jayme, it's easy to have alone online time at the library. The adults are continually sidetracked or their kids are considered to be in a "safe" zone and they go their separate ways for awhile.

Right.
Based on what we do know, insane rage is the focus of my ponderings.
What causes insane rage that results in this type of slaying?
Of course, it could be explained by mental illness.
Other than mental illness, what could possibly trigger this type of slaughter? What could these two apparently nice, simple living folks in the country have done that resulted in such devastation, and to *both* of them? What did a *couple* do (in the Perps mind), that was so heinous?

That's what is cramping my brain. What could this *couple* have done, or the Perp thought they did, that caused this rage? Under what circumstances does a person completely lose it?
Couple likely did nothing. Many times in a case where perp commits violent act before taking a child, it's also done to scare/shock the child into submission. For example, you murder Jayme's parents in front of her which will numb her senses and put her into a state of shock. Makes it easier to take her. You also instill an element of fear because you just demonstrated you're willing to brutally kill two innocent people so you give the victim the impression that it happened to them and it will happen to you unless you do exactly what I say.

Brian Mitchell used the same tactic on Elizabeth Smart only he didn't actually kill her parents. He told her that if she screamed or made a sound or ever tried to escape, he would go back and murder her whole family. Children are often easier victims for the reason that it's easier to create a mental prison around them to gain compliance by threatening things they hold dear. For all we know, perp could be threatening Jayme further because she has other relatives that are still living.

I'm wondering if LE knows who has her? They seem confident she's alive but they haven't done some of the things we've seen done in other cases. There are no pics of her with a different hairstyle or color, no frequent updates to say "we have nothing new to add but please keep looking" nothing. No mention of searching for her in the bodies of water using divers. One small search, then one large one and nothing since. Maybe they are laying low thinking the perp will get complacent and emerge for supplies? If the place she's being held is a remote cabin, there may be no way to sneak up on it without raising suspicion with the perp? The silence from LE has me baffled.

I can't imagine anything we have heard that would make one think there was something incorrect about the household. They seemed like hard working people whose main concern was their child and helping others in need. Jayme seemed well cared for, was active in extra curricular activities, and had no disciplinary issues at school that we know of. They managed to pay for years of private dance classes although they likely didn't have a ton of money. They arranged for an adult to care for her when they were not home. It seems to me they did all the right things. Jmo
Well-said.

Perhaps I am over-associating this case with the Freeman/Bible double-murder kidnapping(s) in Oklahoma almost 20 years ago. There, both parents were shot and their daughter kidnapped also. It was a troubled environment.

If LE felt the public could help with the 911 call, they would release all or part of it. As it is, I can’t understand what people think could be gained from hearing it...

I doubt hearing the call could clear this up, but I'm really wondering if Denise was killed shortly after her husband (a minute or two) or if she was not killed till after the call. It seems like an important avenue we could go down that might help us understand motive here would be what was happening in those mystery 20 minutes between the neighbor hearing the first shot and the 911 call. Depending on whats on the call we might be able to determine 1. was the perp still there (i think likely) 2. Was jayme alive and well (seems likely or almost certain) 3. was Denise still alive?

I agree with poster @cody22 that one of the more reasonable theories is that this was an offense that was meant to be completed in that house, but the 911 call interrupted it and necessitated a kidnapping and quick escape.

EDIT: Just to be clear i'm not saying they should release the tape i'm just saying if they did these would be the thing I would be thinking of while listening to it.

Last edited:
BBM What is the point of saying that? He has said that Jayme is not a suspect many times. Is he simply trying to control public opinion, or is he speaking directly to Jayme, trying to lure her out of possible hiding?
I think he is just announcing that she is not a suspect. Since she was said to have been present during the murder, some people are going to wonder if she is a suspect. He is just making it clear that she is a victim and in danger. Imo.

I'm new here, and this is off the wall, but in a previous post the father was described a football fan. On the day Jayme went missing, San Francisco lost to Green Bay.

I'm new here, and this is off the wall, but in a previous post the father was described a football fan. On the day Jayme went missing, San Francisco lost to Green Bay.

Suggesting "football" had a role to play with a savage double murder and a 13 year girl missing??

Jayme changed schools.
Was an employee, student, tooor parent that she used to see regularly freaked out that she was now enrolled somewhere else?
Did Jayme use school computers with different log in than her one for home use?
Is she a frequent visitor and user of her school and public library computers?
Even with a caregiver accompanying Jayme, it's easy to have alone online time at the library. The adults are continually sidetracked or their kids are considered to be in a "safe" zone and they go their separate ways for awhile.

I like this library computer angle..

I'm praying for her to have the will to survive and that she can find a spark in herself that if the moment is ever right to fight with all her might and wit to get away. I'm afraid that is going to be the only way she ever excapes, if she is still alive.

BBM What is the point of saying that? He has said that Jayme is not a suspect many times. Is he simply trying to control public opinion, or is he speaking directly to Jayme, trying to lure her out of possible hiding?

He's saying that because reporters were rude enough to suggest it (not to mention the anonymous people on social media out right accusing her). It has been stated clearly she is not a suspect. She is missing and endangered. She is a victim. She is not "hiding" anywhere. Someone else may be hiding her against her will though. MOO.

None of this makes any sense to me, not that it should.

If I try and imagine what a story line that could come out after the fact that connected all the pieces, it would have to be something like this...

Older teen/young adult, who has some issues already, loner, into guns, military, conspiracy stuff becomes obsessed with Jayme. In his delusional mind, treats going in, killing her parents and abducting the girl the same way he would playing a video game.

If so, there should be some other teen/young adult missing from the area. If nobody else is missing then its a random psycho and there's just no making any sense out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member