AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so how is dad the last one standing in any scenario if police seem to think dad answered the door? The only way I see that as possible is if someone left and came back... or someone was hiding on the porch after having already gotten to Jayme and her mom sometime earlier in the day?

Well it depends really doesn’t it

If he were lying on his back face upwards with his torso inside the house and his feet lying nearest the door one could assume he was shot from the front and fell backwards face up.

If he was shot after opening the door and shot in the back he could still be lying with feet in the door but face down.

One has to assume if the door was kicked in he was shot whilst the assailant was entering and JC snr was answering.

My gut instinct says this is the action of someone who is very angry and in a rage.

My question is what made them so Angry they lose they plot, kick a door in kill two adult people and make a teenager disappear. They leave the dog and removed the child.

I know what it says to me but that is My Own Opinion

Would LE be allowed to get a warrant to see the phone number of all phones that pinged in the area around that tine

I cannot remember the case, but a woman was missing or near death and the cell phone data could not be retrieved in time. I think she was with a killer. Was it Iowa or Missouri. A law was made in her name to get data if there is a known crime.

Aren’t I a fount of clear info? I wonder what happened to that law and if it was for the state only.

I know some people are adamant that there should not be such a broad reach.

If phone companies are private businesses and you go into partnership with them by having a phone, then I would think the business would set the parameters.

So frustrating to know there may be info out there. Until the perps are caught, everyone is at risk, I feel

I spent so long typing out a similar post, I am just now seeing yours. Glad to see we are thinking along the same lines and thank you, human!

Realty records show the Closs’ bought the property in 2001.
Source: posted in earlier thread
(WI land records would also list this info)
Yes, but maybe the neighbors did not notice they were living there until Jayme started school. Or It may have just been a missprint, I really don't know! That's what I mean by they may be a little unobservant. I just don't think they appear to be "shady" at all.

You actually can get all the text messages, Snapchat, WhatsApp Instagram etc data from the servers alongside call data , without personally being in possession of the phone ( in the U.K. because we don’t have the Amendment rights that you enjoy ).
But the mobile phone companies will only do this if it’s decreed a life or death situation.
However, what they can’t geg is data that’s saved to the phone as opposed to the SIM or the cloud .

OT
It’s like this in Canada too, or at least it was a few years ago (I just did a quick search and it looks as though the laws are changing, or at least being challenged). We had a pretty high profile case in 2013 where a guy posted his truck for sale online, and was targeted by 2 b@st@rds, who proceeded to take the vehicle (and owner) for a test drive, kill him, and incinerate his body. LE was able to get the victim’s cell phone records in a matter of a couple hours, and thankfully so, as that led them to the killers. (I recognize you tmar and I think a couple others on here from the Dellen Millard threads!)

I assumed it was the same everywhere else until the last 2 weeks reading about this case...seeing many people talking about how LE would have to get a search warrant for the records and how that could possibly take days or weeks. Is that really accurate? That it would take so long for LE to be able to get those records? I watch First 48 on occasion, and I feel like I have seen LE get cell phone data fairly quickly, but I could also be misunderstanding, or mis-remembering.

Is this a law that would be varied by state or would it fall under federal law?

My apologies for the off topic post, I am genuinely curious about how it all works with my southern neighbors :)

EDIT: As usual, I should have finished reading all the posts before asking my questions.... as they inevitably get answered before I can even post! Thank you human, MassGuy, and probably others as well!

Last edited:
OT
It’s like this in Canada too, or at least it was a few years ago (I just did a quick search and it looks as though the laws are changing, or at least being challenged). We had a pretty high profile case in 2013 where a guy posted his truck for sale online, and was targeted by 2 b@st@rds, who proceeded to take the vehicle (and owner) for a test drive, kill him, and incinerate his body. LE was able to get the victim’s cell phone records in a matter of a couple hours, and thankfully so, as that led them to the killers. (I recognize you tmar and I think a couple others on here from the Dellen Millard threads!)

I assumed it was the same everywhere else until the last 2 weeks reading about this case...seeing many people talking about how LE would have to get a search warrant for the records and how that could possibly take days or weeks. Is that really accurate? That it would take so long for LE to be able to get those records? I watch First 48 on occasion, and I feel like I have seen LE get cell phone data fairly quickly, but I could also be misunderstanding, or mis-remembering.

My apologies for the off topic post, I am genuinely curious about how it all works with my southern neighbors :)

I don’t think it is off topic at all, and relevant.

OT

From what I am reading it varies state by state, and even from state to local police as far as what/how they have the ability to obtain. There are federal laws in place, but still it varies on how each state interprets them. Its confusing because it also breaks down specifics in some cases on whether the phone was locked or not, was it found after being stolen, what info are they retrieving (texts, phone messages, emails/app info). However, I do wonder, as in the case you mentioned, if possibly a family member or other party on the phone plan were able to consent to have the info released so they received it quicker?

Someone erroneously stated that the "CFS" on the dispatch log meant "Children and Family Services." It does not. CFS stands for Call For Services and it is how LE logs the response to each 911 call.

When you call 911, you are calling for services. It is assigned a CFS number and dispatch will log who was sent out, what happened, and how the call was resolved.
It was likely me a few threads back and I didn’t state it so much as ask if that’s what it could stand for. Sorry if it was me and if I caused any confusion.

I’ll tell you how this case is going to be resolved. One day, it might be this week, next week, or five years from now someone will make a call to the police and say that the information weighed heavily on their conscious and will give up the crucial information. When an arrest is made the defendants name won’t even be in the case file.

I can’t tell you how many cases I’ve had like that where months or even years of work turned out to be for naught.

I would like everyone to welcome our new verified Law Enforcement Officer, Detective, Done Everything, member Falcon500.

Falcon500 is one of the most experienced verified law enforcement members we have on Websleuths.

Falcon500, I have a question about this case... Since there haven't been any breaks in this case (that we know of) do you think Law Enforcement will finally start releasing more information? It seems that LE should give the public more info so we all know what to look for.

Thanks in advance and thank you for becoming verified on Websleuths.

Tricia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member