AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still have a problem with the theory that Jayme was targeted. If that is the case, why not take her when she is some place alone? Bus stop? Store? When she is home alone? I don't know whether this is just really poor planning or an act of desperation. If it were the later - i.e., the killer(s) thought either the parents or Jayme knew something they shouldn't - maybe the killer(s) believed they didn't have the luxury of time to conduct surveillance on Jayme or the parents. Maybe they believed the house was so far from other neighbors they could pull it off like they did. Were it not for the 911 call no one might have known a thing till the next morning or afternoon.

Still you're going to go into a house not knowing if the owner has a gun nearby? I know my dad had a loaded .38 in his bedside cabinet and he was a light sleeper. Someone doing kicking a door open in that situation would likely have a very bad day.

Assuming, of course, that this was some random attacker(s) who didn't know the family. And assuming that this wasn't someone Jayme may have THOUGHT she knew, but didn't really know. And assuming that this isn't someone connected to Denise who became enraged for whatever reason. There is so little to go on, it's easy to make assumptions. JMO.

One thing I do find interesting in terms of whether or not this was a random attacker is the fact that a dog and a child weren't killed. If you ask yourself why someone would kill two adults, but not kill a dog and a 13 year old child, it leads to some interesting possibilities.

I just had a thought- maybe one perp was someone they knew, (could have been catching up after the family event earlier). Got into an argument of some kind or was sprung making some kind of advance on Jayme etc, and he contacted an associate of his to come and step in. 2nd (or more) perps show up, intercept JC at the front door. Meanwhile perp 1 is fleeing with Jayme out the back Door while DC is making 911 call. Could explain 2x cars of interest, the quick time frame and JCs car being parked further back...

I still have a problem with the theory that Jayme was targeted. If that is the case, why not take her when she is some place alone? Bus stop? Store? When she is home alone? I don't know whether this is just really poor planning or an act of desperation. If it were the later - i.e., the killer(s) thought either the parents or Jayme knew something they shouldn't - maybe the killer(s) believed they didn't have the luxury of time to conduct surveillance on Jayme or the parents. Maybe they believed the house was so far from other neighbors they could pull it off like they did. Were it not for the 911 call no one might have known a thing till the next morning or afternoon.

Still you're going to go into a house not knowing if the owner has a gun nearby? I know my dad had a loaded .38 in his bedside cabinet and he was a light sleeper. Someone kicking a door open in that situation would likely have a very bad day.

BBM: We discussed this in prior threads, couldn't think of a time when she would be alone.
I think night time/cover of darkness, may be a clue. But I can only speculate as to what it might mean.

Re: risking an armed homeowner. I agree, it was risky. May be an indication of someone with nothing left to lose.

Assuming, of course, that this was some random attacker(s) who didn't know the family. And assuming that this wasn't someone Jayme may have THOUGHT she knew, but didn't really know. And assuming that this isn't someone connected to Denise who became enraged for whatever reason. There is so little to go on, it's easy to make assumptions. JMO.

One thing I do find interesting in terms of whether or not this was a random attacker is the fact that a dog and a child weren't killed. If you ask yourself why someone would kill two adults, but not kill a dog and a 13 year old child, it leads to some interesting possibilities.

A random attack is still in my list of possibilities. But given the fact they crashed into a home and the owner could just as likely have shot them himself leads me to believe it is likely the killer(s) knew the Closs's. They knew the owner didn't have a gun or maybe didn't like guns? (An assumption as I have no idea whether the father or mother had one or not.) Not only would a stranger not know the status of gun ownership and level of preparedness they would be going into a dark house not knowing the layout, where furniture was or even where light switches might be located (of course a flashlight could take of that aspect). It could still be a random or stranger, but it would be a really bold or dumb, but lucky, person(s).

Last edited:
Working with a predominately empty bag of clues is making these crimes tough to solve. Without a break I do not see how LE is going to solve and bring justice to the Closs family. Thinking of those Ohio family murders between different residences that remain unsolved. Not all crimes of this type are resolved. Depressing.

Still you're going to go into a house not knowing if the owner has a gun nearby? I know my dad had a loaded .38 in his bedside cabinet and he was a light sleeper. Someone kicking a door open in that situation would likely have a very bad day.
I don’t think many of these crazy perps care. They know stuff might go down during the event, but they aren’t tremendously bright or meticulous planners, and they figure we have our gun, or whatever, and what the hell, go for it.

I'm curious how many people associated with the family have been questioned.. Does anyone know how long ago Jayme transferred to the new school? Where I live there have been 4 teachers fired in the past year alone for "inappropriate relationships" with students. Some had been going on for several years without anyone knowing

I don’t think many of these crazy perps care. They know stuff might go down during the event, but they aren’t tremendously bright or meticulous planners, and they figure we have our gun, or whatever, and what the hell, go for it.

I agree. Whoever did this probably does not know the meaning of the word, "finesse". Just do it.

People keep bringing up this idea. Do people really rely on a chain lock for their outside door security? I don't remember ever having a front door without a deadbolt.
We have relied on a chain simply for the purpose of partially opening the door to communicate with person on other side without swinging door completely open...not a ton of protection but may give you a few extra seconds to shut and lock the door if person on the other side is someone unwanted

I've been thinking about this too. But really, how often is a 13 year old girl alone enough to be abducted without the cops quickly getting on the trail? She's either with family, friends, or at school. In the daytime lots of people are out and that highway 8 is busy. Not so at 1 a.m. But as you said, how did the perp know that Mr. Closs himself wouldn't be armed? At 1 a.m. you don't expect visitors to be family or friends but more likely a stranger, possibly with bad intent. Unless the perp already knew that Closs didn't have a gun (did he?). Then he didn't care and took a big risk. Many people around here have guns. That level of boldness says much about the perp's mentality. Drugs? Crazed determination to take the girl? Like some others, I think Jayme is still in the area and was targeted by someone able to observe her and learn where she lived. Somebody flying below the cop's radar screen.

Video games! Why didn't I think of that one! Kids mimic those video games on the highway all the time! Racing sports are 100 mph.
Somebody doing that at the Close home? Imitating one of those Ninjas?

Re: video games. I'm not a "blame the violent video games" person; there isn't overwhelming evidence of any significance linked to violent crime. Quite the opposite. Hundreds of Millions of gamers lead perfectly peaceful crime-free lives.

However, thinking about the possibility of a door breach with a shot gun slug, then switching to handgun once inside the house reminded me of clips I've seen from video games and also 3-gun skills-matches at gun ranges. youtube really is a never-ending rabbit-hole.

IDK, but I suspect investigators do know.

Edited.

I think Jayme is dead.
I think she will be found in a field next Spring, and it will be within somewhat of a close radius of the home.MOO

I don't know what to believe. Your theory seems to be the right one because, it would probably be too difficult for someone to hide her now, or move her, because of the attention the case has gotten. But then, why go to all of that trouble, breaking into someones home (supposedly) killing two innocent people, abducting a girl, ONLY to kill her at a later date? Why not just kill her in the house if she was going to be killed anyway.

I don't know.

I'm still seeing people suggest that Jayme is missing "voluntarily" (term used loosely as she is underage). So it seems that all scenarios are still flying.

20 days.

They released the standard generic one used in other cases early on.

They have not released a more specific profile imo because they have no idea, despite their really hard work and best efforts on this case. JMO. MOO.

Again this is not to say that they won’t release a more detailed profile in the future or that something won’t break. Hoping it does.

I would think there are some things , though, because of the weapon, kicking in the door, the crime scene , that indicate a personality type.

I would think that perhaps the level has increased and it indicates a type of person who has done another type of crime.

For instance, it seems that many mass shooters have DV in their backgrounds. So do elements of this crime have precursors?

I don't know what to believe. Your theory seems to be the right one because, it would probably be too difficult for someone to hide her now, or move her, because of the attention the case has gotten. But then, why go to all of that trouble, breaking into someones home (supposedly) killing two innocent people, abducting a girl, ONLY to kill her at a later date? Why not just kill her in the house if she was going to be killed anyway.

I don't know.

I'm still seeing people suggest that Jayme is missing "voluntarily" (term used loosely as she is underage). So it seems that all scenarios are still flying.

20 days.
Time -- perhaps the perp realized a phone call was made or wanted a quick in and out minimizing time seen at the location. Take Jayme to a different location to eliminate potential DNA in the house, and have more time to do unmentionables. MOO

We have relied on a chain simply for the purpose of partially opening the door to communicate with person on other side without swinging door completely open...not a ton of protection but may give you a few extra seconds to shut and lock the door if person on the other side is someone unwanted
Unless I'm expecting someone I never go to the door first. See what vehicle if any is in driveway then side widow to see outside door.

Edited.

I think Jayme is dead.
I think she will be found in a field next Spring, and it will be within somewhat of a close radius of the home.MOO

You may be right but I hope not. Possibly she was taken as a perverted child bride and the perp wants to keep her alive. There are hundreds of remote farmsteads/homesteads in that area where she may be held prisoner. Even though "he" (they?) killed her parents, it's possible he's trying to be nice to her and win her over. Isn't that called Stockholm syndrone?

Been wracking my brain, trying to figure how not only one (quite distinctive muscle car, but another regular everyday car) could disappear so quick.
Here's what I have so far.
1: maybe hiden in an auto body shop.
2: could be someone with a garage, and under the table business, car painting, detailing, soupING up,or moding type thing.
3: the cars are hidden in a storage unit.
4: it could be a car hobbyist, collector, with multi car garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson