AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read a post many pages back about how the length of time likely means she's no longer living. I've heard this statistic before. Why is it? Does the victim outlive the perceived usefulness? What causes someone to take the time and effort to abduct someone only to eventually murder them? What's the catalyst that goes from abduction to death?

IMO, most of the time when someone is taken, the abductor begins to think they need to get rid of the person because they are afraid they are about to get caught but they can't just let their prisoner go because they likely can identify them. OTOH, there have been quite a lot of cases where someone has been held for long periods of time (weeks, months, or years) and eventually escape or are let go. Unfortunately, we know whoever took Jayme has no compunction about killing. There is still a slim chance she's alive. I think she was the target, and I believe she was taken for sexual purposes. She may be able to build a relationship and be "useful" to him and liked well enough that he will keep her alive. She may eventually be able to escape.

Respectfully, and maybe I am just used to it but I've heard a lot of talk like that through the years from the best cops out in our area. Especially after a little adrenalin surge and a feeling of accomplishment. Unless I missed something in the article they did nothing legally wrong.

Recording if taken face value..?? Can’t tell.
most articles I’ve read On Fitzgerald are good... with no of convictions..

Long-simmering feud leads to plotting of man's murder

That article highlights murder plot where Fitzgerald uses lot of technology/ warrants most hoped for in this case.. hope he’s doing that here..

Most his cases lead to convictions and seem well done.. did see one rape case where perp walked and kinda stunning... but that seemed rare ..

The greater percentage of abduction cases involve some familiarity. It can be very minimal contact or simply watching from a distance. The painting company that had the Closs home (along with others but now removed) on their website reminds me of something. When I was a PO there were a few job types people under supervision commonly reported as employment. Painting or fixing houses was one of them. These type jobs seemed to come and go quickly. There was also restaurant work, elderly care (until the background check came back), and lawn care. I have to wonder if the painting company had a large turnover of workers or if they were typically the same people. Just my thoughts to wrap my night up.Goodnight fellow WS's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member