AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And she is right. Meth addicts will kill you just as soon as look at you. That kind of violence though is transactional. If it were a burglary? Heck yeah. But it wasn't and I don't see meth addicts just coolly, calmly plotting this out. JMHO

I believe the crime I described a few pages ago in my home town will bear out to be addicts looking for money or goods. They were brutal to the victim and nearly killed her. She has a long physical recovery ahead, even longer with the trauma of sexual assault. Another person has now come forward with an a possible encounter with the same perps. The female came to her door pretending to have run her car off the road amd needing assisstance. When the home owner refused to open the door, the male jumped out of hiding near the door and proceeded to bang on it and attempt to break it down. They were unsuccessful and she was terrified. This happened a few miles from the first crime. It really has me re-thinking some of my personal theories about this case and how it might have gone down.

Same here. We have the car inspected, proof of insurance and then new sticker is issued. Displayed on the window.
We do that, too, but we also get renewal stickers for our actual license plates. They go in the corners on the plates. No new plates until the state redesigns the tags or you get a new car.

I really don't think this has anything to do with random meth-heads guys. The perp left behind monetary things that could easily be cashed in for drugs. The perp took Jayme. Period. The perp wanted Jayme.
Her parents would have never allowed it! So they were killed.
That's the simplest answer imo.

Good idea. How long is the plate good. Here in Texas we renew yearly unless the vehicle is sold. Tags go with the car and new ones issued to the new owner.

I think that must be where some confusion is coming from. In Wisconsin they have the option of keeping the tag or getting a refund. Tag doesn't always go with the car:

When you sell, junk or remove a vehicle from operation, you may transfer most valid license plates to another vehicle of the same type (example: auto to auto, or pickup truck to same weight pickup truck). The other vehicle must also be registered to you, your spouse or domestic partner. Plates for trucks registered at 10,000 lbs. or more, farms trucks registered at 16,000 lbs. or more, mopeds, trailers and recreational vehicle trailers stay with the vehicle when sold. (342.15(4)(c))

To transfer license plates:
OR

• Complete Sections A and B of the Wisconsin Title and License Plate Application form MV1.
  • Indicate the license plate number you wish to transfer.
  • Send the application form to the address shown on the form. You do not need to send a registration fee if the plates are still valid, unless they are due to expire shortly.
If you renew your license plates and later dispose of the vehicle by selling or junking it, or move out of Wisconsin after the new registration period begins, the Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is unable to refund the unused portion of the registration fee.

A refund of fees paid for annual, quarterly or consecutive monthly registration is allowed if requested before the beginning of the new registration period. For biennial registration (motorcycles and 12,000 lb. farm plates), the second year of registration may be refunded before the beginning of the second year. (341.33(3))

To request a refund, complete License Plate/Registration Refund Request, form MV2030, and send with the original certificate of vehicle registration and the year sticker to the address listed on the form for the plate type listed.

Wisconsin DMV Official Government Site – Transfer license plates - (vehicle registration refund)

Seems it is a yearly renewal for WI too:
Wisconsin DMV Official Government Site - Automobile license plates

So a May 2019 expiration would mean the plate registration was last paid in May 2018, but not sure that means the plate was on that vehicle (in the DMV database) in May 2018.

I really don't think this has anything to do with random meth-heads guys. The perp left behind monetary things that could easily be cashed in for drugs. The perp took Jayme. Period. The perp wanted Jayme.
I think it’s that, or revenge.

If it was revenge though, I would have expected a resolution by now.

I’m leaning the same way you are though, and think that Jayme was most likely the target.

Perhaps an employee or former employee of the plant had seen her in the past, and liked what he saw.

I think Denise's plate in the log is probably a typo. If you switch the r and n around, it comes back to a 2016 Ford Escape on findbyplate.com. The WI dmv only shows a 2016 Ford. Neither specify the color.

That’s nothing. An ex of mine was a Paralegal and we spent an evening poking around LexisNexis. You don’t even want to know how much you can find out about anybody there...

I'm well aware -- I work in this space!

Good that the owner info isn't available from this interface but it seems borderline CJIS non-compliant. I'll have to check this out.

And she is right. Meth addicts will kill you just as soon as look at you. That kind of violence though is transactional. If it were an interrupted burglary? Heck yeah. But it wasn't and I don't see meth addicts just coolly, calmly plotting this out. JMHO

Not without leaving a mess, and plenty of clues behind anyway jmo.

I think that must be where some confusion is coming from. In Wisconsin they have the option of keeping the tag or getting a refund. Tag doesn't always go with the car:

When you sell, junk or remove a vehicle from operation, you may transfer most valid license plates to another vehicle of the same type (example: auto to auto, or pickup truck to same weight pickup truck). The other vehicle must also be registered to you, your spouse or domestic partner. Plates for trucks registered at 10,000 lbs. or more, farms trucks registered at 16,000 lbs. or more, mopeds, trailers and recreational vehicle trailers stay with the vehicle when sold. (342.15(4)(c))

To transfer license plates:
OR

• Complete Sections A and B of the Wisconsin Title and License Plate Application form MV1.
  • Indicate the license plate number you wish to transfer.
  • Send the application form to the address shown on the form. You do not need to send a registration fee if the plates are still valid, unless they are due to expire shortly.
If you renew your license plates and later dispose of the vehicle by selling or junking it, or move out of Wisconsin after the new registration period begins, the Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is unable to refund the unused portion of the registration fee.

A refund of fees paid for annual, quarterly or consecutive monthly registration is allowed if requested before the beginning of the new registration period. For biennial registration (motorcycles and 12,000 lb. farm plates), the second year of registration may be refunded before the beginning of the second year. (341.33(3))

To request a refund, complete License Plate/Registration Refund Request, form MV2030, and send with the original certificate of vehicle registration and the year sticker to the address listed on the form for the plate type listed.

Wisconsin DMV Official Government Site – Transfer license plates - (vehicle registration refund)

Seems it is a yearly renewal for WI too:
Wisconsin DMV Official Government Site - Automobile license plates

So a May 2019 expiration would mean the plate registration was last paid in May 2018, but not sure that means the plate was on that vehicle (in the DMV database) in May 2018.
Another point is that the tags are issued to the car, and tracked by the VIN number or serial number.
I also saw that the first Letters represent different things. I'll look that up and post it tomorrow. Going to bed now. Early morning. Good info out there. Thanks. I've got some ideas about finding that plate number owner. :)

Another point is that the tags are issued to the car, and tracked by the VIN number or serial number.
I also saw that the first Letters represent different things. I'll look that up and post it tomorrow. Going to bed now. Early morning. Good info out there. Thanks. I've got some ideas about finding that plate number owner. :)
Shhhhh. No more car talk. Your next mission is to find out the manufacturer of the Smrekars roofing shingles. GO!

:D

someone could have just done a little meth to give them the nerve for that moment, some can do it and walk away and never do it again, some do it here and there and then can just walk away from it, some will do anything ...ANYTHING to have it at all times. not all are crazed, at least not everytime they do it. it makes some so ocd about cleaning it is unbelievable ane other just quit cleaning, don't clean the house, car, or their bodies. lots of people that are high energy people and normal otherwise are meth heads, not all, not even most, but lots.

I'm still on that theory too and I'm staying with it until we hear anything to the contrary. It makes the most sense. I have not seen one theory about the parents being targets that also explains why Jayme was taken. Everything else seems to require too much suspension of reality to make the leap. What makes sense to me is that the perp came for Jayme and murdered her parents as a means to that end. It was fast and effective. Jayme would be so terrified she would do whenever the armed perp asked. And IF she is being held captive still (a big IF) she could be undergoing daily brainwashing-- constant reminding that her parents are gone and she has no one to go back to. The perp may have beaten her down emotionally so much he can leave a door unlocked and she will not run. People asked why the family appeals are to Jayme directly-- I think we need look no further than this theory. They are telling her-- if she is allowed to hear it at all-- that she has something to come home to. She has reasons to be strong and to fight or escape at the first opportunity. MOO.

Either James opened the door or it was kicked in. It can’t be both although I am open to suggestions. This was personal and I continue to lean toward whistle blowing especially in light of Denise not feeling safe and looking for a new job. Regardless, it doesn’t answer the question of where is Jayme but perhaps explains why she too was not killed.

Just to clarify for you, the police log noted the door was kicked in. There is no doubt about that. And the statement about Denise not feeling safe is a pure creation of something people speculated in these threads. Pure rumor. Not a fact, never said or reported by anyone officially connected with the case or with the family.

someone could have just done a little meth to give them the nerve for that moment, some can do it and walk away and never do it again, some do it here and there and then can just walk away from it, some will do anything ...ANYTHING to have it at all times. not all are crazed, at least not everytime they do it. it makes some so ocd about cleaning it is unbelievable ane other just quit cleaning, don't clean the house, car, or their bodies. lots of people that are high energy people and normal otherwise are meth heads, not all, not even most, but lots.
Exactly. I’m not envisioning someone blitzed out of their mind.

I don’t think drugs caused this, but they could have provided some drive or courage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties