AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering if the camera placement was SOP or based on the suggestion of someone?
We have friends who have a 3 season cabin although not in the North and they use a quardzilla device to ascertain whether the place had been breached and also to monitor continued electrical service and no busted pipes. This place also has exterior cameras with internet viewing/ monitoring. Might someone in the Real Estate field know if someone who owns or lists cabins in the vicinity would use similar devices? If someone has property listed in Wisconsin, would they continue electric and water service especially this time of year?
I know on the Siever’s thread we have questioned whether the bank maintained these services while awaiting sale/auction.
Any real estate pros who might weigh in?

Water usually is “free” because it comes from a well. But electric companies for cabins sometimes charge a minimum each month. My friend pays electric in the winter in MN even thiugh everything is shut off

Fitzgerald said there are at least four DCI and FBI investigators in Barron working on her case every day. There are also teams in Milwaukee, Minneapolis and Virginia analyzing evidence.

'We'll never give up': Family members share message for Jayme Closs as search enters 3rd month

This article is from December 15, but assume by the mention of Virginia, the FBI office in Quantico is taking a look at evidence from the scene. That is a good call, and in a crime like Jayme’s, one of the best tools available.

Laboratory Services — FBI

A person that would do something like that probably does not have friends that drop by. Ariel Castro kept three females in his basement for years. Jaycee Dugard lived in that creep’s backyard with a mother and wife, no less

and if i recall correctly, a probation officer even went to check in on Phillip Garrido and they only went into the house, not the backyard where Jaycee was. Sometimes evil gets lucky :(

I feel like a big jerk for bringing up body searches while there is so much good discussion about where or how she could be held alive, but that’s what has been on my mind lately. Maybe there aren’t more searches because they think she’s alive—hope so. Because otherwise it’s more likely she was killed soon after. What I’m wondering about is all the river roads at the border to Minnesota. It seems like in most cases like this there are river searches or at least talk of rivers. Such a common way to try to send off a body. Yet nobody has mentioned the idea at all. Rivers are freezing and thawing, freezing and thawing. Any news of St. Croix river or wi/mn border area searches at all? Why only two searches and Wisconsin hunter notices? Why not Minnesota searches and hunter notices? They must know something. It’s certainly close enough to Minnesota.

why do we think he/she/they care if she has heat or food or anything else that doesn't fit into their personal wants/needs? they killed her parents and took her away from her life I doubt anything she wants or needs is even considered.

Wondering if the camera placement was SOP or based on the suggestion of someone?
We have friends who have a 3 season cabin although not in the North and they use a quardzilla device to ascertain whether the place had been breached and also to monitor continued electrical service and no busted pipes. This place also has exterior cameras with internet viewing/ monitoring. Might someone in the Real Estate field know if someone who owns or lists cabins in the vicinity would use similar devices? If someone has property listed in Wisconsin, would they continue electric and water service especially this time of year?
I know on the Siever’s thread we have questioned whether the bank maintained these services while awaiting sale/auction.
Any real estate pros who might weigh in?
Can’t tell you why cam(s) were placed in the home, but the patio door was also left unlocked.

Your next question would be a very long answer. It depends on location. Grid power or generator? Standard, RV, composting, or outhouse toilet? Well, tank, or rain collection water? Septic field or tank? There’s a whole cottage industry of locals who winterize these places. If you don’t know what you’re doing, you’ll have a nice big bill in the spring replacing plumbing and removing mold.

That has been the exact type of information I was wondering about last night, where the phone call between Denise and her sister stated everyone was home. Thanks, electroangel.

What this type of understanding helps rule out is a theory I had where James walked in on a crime against his family and kicked in the door himself, and was shot. Trust me, someone will come on here again, and ask the same question. That’s why Whiskers16 timeline at the start of each new thread is such an important resource, and how nice she is to add to it for clarification as time goes by.

I know many are frustrated by the rehashing the same topics, and some sleuthers here even leave, tired of it. It might be helpful for some of the leaders who have been here a while, to steer those who have missed a piece of evidence, or who are newbies, the correct direction. This thread has been so busy the last few days. That is a good thing.

So a cabin with well water access only would be out right due to the ever freezing temps? Surely there are some people who are financially stable enough to maintain electricity throughout the winter. I’ve never been to Wisconsin but I know the temps during winter are frigid cold at best. Any locals know what cabin protocol would be for those who enjoy ice fishing etc during the winter months? I understand the winterizing and use of antifreeze to prevent burst pipes but because I’m unfamiliar with the territory I am seeking input regarding the likelihood that anyone who enjoys these types of outdoor winter activities would maintain electricity throughout winter despite the temps. If someone were close enough to monitor the weather and within distance of a cabin this would provide them the perfect excuse to “check on the place” while monitoring a captive Jayme!

Last edited:
I feel like a big jerk for bringing up body searches while there is so much good discussion about where or how she could be held alive, but that’s what has been on my mind lately. Maybe there aren’t more searches because they think she’s alive—hope so. Because otherwise it’s more likely she was killed soon after. What I’m wondering about is all the river roads at the border to Minnesota. It seems like in most cases like this there are river searches or at least talk of rivers. Such a common way to try to send off a body. Yet nobody has mentioned the idea at all. Rivers are freezing and thawing, freezing and thawing. Any news of St. Croix river or wi/mn border area searches at all? Why only two searches and Wisconsin hunter notices? Why not Minnesota searches and hunter notices? They must know something. It’s certainly close enough to Minnesota.
I brought it up a while back asking if they searched nearby waters. Something I had heard that made me ask was that once the water gets down to a certain temperature a body will sink and stay under until the water heats back up. At this point it might be too cold to search anymore.

Can’t tell you why cam(s) were placed in the home, but the patio door was also left unlocked.

Your next question would be a very long answer. It depends on location. Grid power or generator? Standard, RV, composting, or outhouse toilet? Well, tank, or rain collection water? Septic field or tank? There’s a whole cottage industry of locals who winterize these places. If you don’t know what you’re doing, you’ll have a nice big bill in the spring replacing plumbing and removing mold.

I think the cameras catching panty thief (innocent of the crime we are discussing, but what a strange occurrence) were placed in lieu of stationing day and night officers at the house. This is not a big time police force, and they did the right thing to place the cameras. Maybe they caught images of a raccoon or something as well, but who would’ve guessed this? All the same, panty thief is just a person who likes to wear girls clothes, and saw an opportunity for girls clothing from a major crime, I guess.

Why couldn’t he have Jayme at his own home? The Turpins had 13 children living in hell in a suburban neighborhood where it looks like you could shake hands with your neighbor through your kitchen windows.
He absolutely could. That is very plausible, BTK kept a locked shed in his backyard for years that his wife and kids were not aloud to go in. It wasn’t opened until after his arrest. I just think a second location is safer for most people with a family.

Hey everyone. This is my first time posting but I have followed WS for years off and on. Thank you to the admins for approving my request to join and to everyone here for your efforts to help bring kids like Jayme home. I have a few thoughts but one I wanted to bring up in regards to the sherrif. Why the "interview" in the Daily Mail? It's a UK publication whose main demographic includes 58 year old conservatives and its not know for being reliable. Do we know if that article is factually correct and, if it is, is it possible the sherrif interviewed with them knowing in advance that people would not know for sure if it was credible? Possibly another strategy on the part of the sheriff and the FBI to keep things in the press, while at the same time keeping things a little unclear?

Welcome Wells. The Daily Mail I don't think most think as the most credible source. They have the article but there is also a video of the sheriff that one can construe his answers themselves. The article may be hyped some but you can hear his own answers on his video. For instance the 4 minutes 5 feet thing is more like an IF in the video imo...

why do we think he/she/they care if she has heat or food or anything else that doesn't fit into their personal wants/needs? they killed her parents and took her away from her life I doubt anything she wants or needs is even considered.

Then she would be dead from starvation and if not that, she would have died from hypothermia a couple of months ago,

He absolutely could. That is very plausible, BTK kept a locked shed in his backyard for years that his wife and kids were not aloud to go in. It wasn’t opened until after his arrest. I just think a second location is safer for most people with a family.
I guess it depends on how well your family is under your control.

So a cabin with well water access only would be out right due to the ever freezing temps? Surely there are some people who are financially stable enough to maintain electricity throughout the winter. I’ve never been to Wisconsin but I know the temps during winter are frigid cold at best. Any locals know what cabin protocol would be for those who enjoy ice fishing etc during the winter months? I understand the winterizing and use of antifreeze to prevent burst pipes but because I’m unfamiliar with the territory I am seeking input regarding the likelihood that anyone who enjoys these types of outdoor winter activities would maintain electricity throughout winter despite the temps. If someone were close enough to monitor the weather and within distance of a cabin this would provide them the perfect excuse to “check on the place” while monitoring a captive Jayme!
It would have to be heated to quite a bit above freezing to ensure that pipes don’t freeze. And if it gets cold enough and water is not run, pipes freeze anyway.

Unless there is a caretaker, I doibt if anyone takes the risk of having their pipes burst. $$$$$$$$$ to fix.

I brought it up a while back asking if they searched nearby waters. Something I had heard that made me ask was that once the water gets down to a certain temperature a body will sink and stay under until the water heats back up. At this point it might be too cold to search anymore.

The water is frozen

It would have to be heated to quite a bit above freezing to ensure that pipes don’t freeze. And if it gets cold enough and water is not run, pipes freeze anyway.

Unless there is a caretaker, I doibt if anyone takes the risk of having their pipes burst. $$$$$$$$$ to fix.
One of the tricks they do is to drain and blow out the pipes in the fall. If you look at listings for these places on Zillow, some of the pics of bathrooms will show plastic over the toilet with a tag on it. It’s a reminder to flow and prime the plumbing come spring.

There was a true crime site started after BTK began communicating again with the media after the long hiatus. I remember on one night, members of the site in the area started posting about helicopters flying over a specific spot, and a lot of news attention going down. It turns out it was spot on and Dennis Rader was caught. I keep hoping to see news happening like that here. There were months of feedback behind that, and plenty of people speculating on his personality, that he was possibly not that smart, might have had a more blue collar job, even down to he would be a regular at an all you can eat buffet (he was). Hindsight is 20/20.

All that to say, keep going. The more the attention, the more there will be a effort behind finding the solution here.

Perhaps the person who has Jayme stays at the cabin continuously, not caring whether the power goes out and if the pipes bust it’s not a big deal because hot showers and toilet use are not a priority to him and don’t meet his needs. I’m desperately searching for a viable option for her to still be alive. Again, former military anyone? I don’t believe there is a partner at least not knowingly ugh I hate this.
When did hunting season begin and end?

There was a true crime site started after BTK began communicating again with the media after the long hiatus. I remember on one night, members of the site in the area started posting about helicopters flying over a specific spot, and a lot of news attention going down. It turns out it was spot on and Dennis Rader was caught. I keep hoping to see news happening like that here. There were months of feedback behind that, and plenty of people speculating on his personality, that he was possibly not that smart, might have had a more blue collar job, even down to he would be a regular at an all you can eat buffet (he was). Hindsight is 20/20.

All that to say, keep going. The more the attention, the more there will be a effort behind finding the solution here.
Remember it well, 20 minutes from my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho