AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
what if the 12:53 call to 911 was made from the getaway car way down the road by then? That would be a way for the police responders to not see them.
I was wondering this myself- I know that some WIFI's stay connected a bit of a distance from your router in the house. It is confusing to me that the call ended, police showed up 4 minutes later, and no car was seen on that road by any of the cops while they were on their way to the house? Did the cops all come one way, and the perp drove the opposite direction? I wonder which was the cops came, and if the other direction connected to another road, or does it end?

According to Google Maps, the Barron Police Department sits exactly a 4 minute drive East from the home (we don't know if that's where the deputies left from, but I'm speculating).

It was also mentioned in the presser that there was no one and no vehicles in the "immediate area" when deputies arrived on scene.

Where did she go? Jmo

That is what I mean about my theory that the person(s) who took Jayme possibly rode a four-wheeler and arrived and left from behind the house. They would maybe not have taken Hwy 8 at all.

Just coming off the Mollie Tibbets murder case we all know how hard LE was working behind the scenes. Telling nothing at press conferences. We also know it was that one video camera that did her killer in. Luck.
I'm guessing the parents were shot then something bad happened to Jamey. Parents might have still been alive for a little while. One gunshot somewhere does not mean instant death. I think the perp left with Jamie so as not to leave any evidence on her and then Mom or Dad got to a phone and called 911. I also think with the history of homes having those video cameras LE is probably going door to door checking to see if there are any East or West of the home.
I have confidence in these camera's but I also know it takes time. I also know it takes time to track cell phones and I'm pretty sure they will soon know who had a cell phone in that house at that time other than the three living there.
Patience.

I guess the real question would be what are the estimated times of death of BOTH parents?
I guess it would be between 12:31 and 1:00, since there is no information about them being taken to the hospital. I just wonder what was occurring between the time of the gunshots and the time of the call. There may have been a huge struggle, and that's when Jayme got a chance to make the call. Or one of the parents. It must have been terrifying. Jmo

From noise on a cellphone, how did LE know what address to go to and arrive in 4 minutes? I know a landline shows the dispatcher the address, but I don’t think cell phones do.

I am not sure it is even possible in that short amount of time.<modsnipped quote from article>

So did they call the phone back? They said the call lasted less than a minute.

<modsnipped non msm link>

Last edited by a moderator:
According to Google Maps, the Barron Police Department sits exactly a 4 minute drive east from the home (we don't know if that's where the deputies left from, but I'm speculating).

It was also mentioned in the presser that there was no one and no vehicles in the "immediate area" when deputies arrived on scene.

Where did she go? Jmo

I'm guessing they headed West to avoid the LEOs (which leads me to believe premeditation.)

I don't think its likely the killer would take the phone. Four minutes from the time of the call and their arrival is pretty fast. He must have had a car in the driveway, as opposed to the road. I'm surprised the neighbors did not hear a car. Did anyone figure out exactly how close the house is from the road? I wonder if the perp could have gotten her out of the house and to the road in four minutes. They must have just missed them. Jmo
Something that stood out to me that the neighbor said: one of the shots sounded like a car was backfiring. Usually one would say that if a transformer blew, but I've never heard anyone say that about a gun shot.

Can somebody explain why it is so important if JC was in the home at the time of her parent's murders or outside etc... JC is still missing as this post is being typed. Inside / outside = still missing.

Just coming off the Mollie Tibbets murder case we all know how hard LE was working behind the scenes. Telling nothing at press conferences. We also know it was that one video camera that did her killer in. Luck.
I'm guessing the parents were shot then something bad happened to Jamey. Parents might have still been alive for a little while. One gunshot somewhere does not mean instant death. I think the perp left with Jamie so as not to leave any evidence on her and then Mom or Dad got to a phone and called 911. I also think with the history of homes having those video cameras LE is probably going door to door checking to see if there are any East or West of the home.
I have confidence in these camera's but I also know it takes time. I also know it takes time to track cell phones and I'm pretty sure they will soon know who had a cell phone in that house at that time other than the three living there.
Patience.
Agreed, Cardinal. I was last here for Mollie as well and when i was just starting to think it was going to go cold and we wouldn't get answers for awhile if ever, LE reviewed the neighbor's camera and closed in on CR. it does take a lot of time and manpower, but it's doable. nobody should lose hope.

Interesting that he asked locals to "walk their land" and "check their cabins". Those who think they may be hiding in the area may be onto something!

I like Sheriff Fitzgerald's no-nonsense attitude. He was very adamant that the media leave <modsnip - full name> Barron School Superintendant, and her staff alone.

ETA: This seems to be a closely-knit community, in my opinion. Someone saw, or knows, something!

Reminds me of what LE asked peeps to do after the Dannemora prisoners escaped. And they were at someone’s empty camp.

Kudos to them for getting to the house so quickly. I think it may be possible that when they digitally enhanced that phone call they gained more evidence and now know more than they can say. The fact that there was no-one at the house when they arrived would suggest the perp caught one of the victims on the phone, cut off the phone call and then immediately got out of there. I know they can never tell the public everything in these cases, I get the feeling that there's a lot more we don't know and if that helps to bring Jayme home, them I'm pleased they are taking those steps.

From noise on a cellphone, how did LE know what address to go to and arrive in 4 minutes? I know a landline shows the dispatcher the address, but I don’t think cell phones do.
Good question !

According to Google Maps, the Barron Police Department sits exactly a 4 minute drive east from the home (we don't know if that's where the deputies left from, but I'm speculating).

Where did she go? Jmo
One would surmise that LE should've heard a vehicle or ATV leaving the area.
as it was the middle of the night... it'd be quiet !

And I never thought about how quickly LE arrived on the scene and the limited time to abduct someone.
IF Jayme was abducted. Or she could have left 'willingly', but in shock at what had just transpired.
Saying this respectfully.

In such a small town, LE would have very little ... perhaps ZERO experience with a crime of this sort. Seems we are questioning and expecting a lot of things to be followed up on. What happens in a case like this I know I've seen FBI mentioned. Do they take over? Advise? Time is ticking...

Yes the FBI will run the show behind the scenes but since the community often has great faith in the Sheriff he's often the public face of the investigation. The FBI has a rapid response child abduction task force that provides training to regional offices and deploys to assist local and state LE with these types of cases. NCMEC also has "Team Adam" where retired LE and other professionals who are trained in child abduction and exploitation cases immediately deploy to help on the investigation and facilitate communication between the family, local LE, state LE and the feds.

These teams are constantly training and learning. Local LE is not left to reinvent the wheel each time a serious crime like this happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho