AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One other thing I’d note as I’m catching up here...

I’ve seen some discussion about where a potential perp would take her. Have seen some people mention Canada or the UP. Honestly it wouldn’t be necessary to go that far. A perp could hole up in a cabin a little ways north of Barron and likely not be bothered. My family had a cabin on Spooner Lake, which is about 30 miles north. There’s very few people who use those cabins year -round. Between mid-October to mid-April we’d maybe go there once or twice. Al Capone and a lot of gangsters from Chicago used to go hide out in Hayward back in their day. Hayward is maybe 20 minutes northeast of Spooner, so easily within an hour of Barron. Really isolated and wooded area. No need for a perp to risk crossing international borders or drive across the state toward the UP.

I’ve seen some discussion about where a potential perp would take her. Have seen some people mention Canada or the UP. Honestly it wouldn’t be necessary to go that far. A perp could hole up in a cabin a little ways north of Barron and likely not be bothered. My family had a cabin on Spooner Lake, which is about 30 miles north. There’s very few people who use those cabins year -round. Between mid-October to mid-April we’d maybe go there once or twice. Al Capone and a lot of gangsters from Chicago used to go hide out in Hayward back in their day. Hayward is maybe 20 minutes northeast of Spooner, so easily within an hour of Barron. Really isolated and wooded area. No need for a perp to risk crossing international borders or drive across the state toward the UP.
And maybe they have a cabin of their own somewhere.

Due to the sheriff not saying they are calling this an abduction, on the previous thread some posters suggested that maybe Jayme just ran away. However, IMO the sheriff has said the exact opposite of that being the situation and been pretty clear she is not a runaway:

Amber Alert: Vigil held for missing Wisconsin teen Jayme Closs

They also previously gave a list of things to look out for in suspect behavior changes:

Amber Alert for 13-year-old Wisconsin girl after parents found dead

To me these things indicate they believe another person is responsible for Jayme's disappearance and her parent's murder. Perhaps they are not calling this an abduction because they have no credible information that she is still alive or that she left the house alive? I have no doubt she is in danger. I don't believe she left of her own free will. MOO.
Yes, I think the only reason they are not saying whether or not it is an abduction is that they don't have enough information to confirm it. Even if they suspect that to be the case, they don't want to confirm something without more evidence. She may have been injured and wandered into the woods, or fled out of extreme fear, or there may be other possibilities they cannot rule out at this time. But they have told the public to look for signs in people that are suspicious, and they seem confident that she is in danger, which indicates that whoever killed her parents is also responsible for whatever happened to Jamie. Jmo

Does anyone know the birthdate of Jayme? I'm trying to decide if she is a young 13, or a very nearly 14, 13. Mindset, I'm just thinking.
Someone said she turned 13 recently. Jmo....... Edited, I see someone just posted this, but wanted to add that when my daughter turned 13, she, and her friends, were still interested in playing games, and being involved in activities, rather than going on line and getting too involved with SM. Someone had remarked that it was unusual that there was not much activity, but my daughter and her friends started with snap chat, then Instagram, with just friends ( not a public account) and they mostly just shared pictures or videos. Even now, almost two years later, they don't do anything that would allow strangers to see their account, and according to them, FB is not popular among that age group. So it doesn't seem unusual to me. Jmo

Last edited:
Teens don't understand the impact and consequences of actions like adults do - our brains are not fully developed until we're in our 20s. I can see Jayme's friends keeping their mouths shut, thinking that telling the police about an older boyfriend or drugs will get both them and her in deep *advertiser censored*. An older boyfriend may have older friends who tell them to shut up about it. As adults we understand why we need to tell the police what we know, but lots of teens fear/hate the police more than they trust them.

Finally caught up on the entire thread. Since it was that late at night, can we assume that she was already in her PJ's and would be wearing that or do you think they would have had her change? Wonder if there was proof in her room shoing her clothes being changed or if her bed was slept in yet?
Was she seen after the family get-together on Sunday? Reports were that she was last seen at the gathering. Did she come home with someone who then shot the parents? Or was, as you suggest, already at home.

My point was that saying abducted and taken at gun point sound like the same thing to me. So LE saying she wasn't abducted, but was taken at gun point completely threw me off.

Thinking out loud...what would be the motive for abducting her if her parents were killed first? If sexual, why not just rape her there at the house...why take her? Maybe because she called 911 and ruined the chance? Maybe this is in revenge to a living family member? Otherwise, why abduct? It won’t hurt her parents, they are dead. Maybe to rape and kill later? It’s very strange

My point was that saying abducted and taken at gun point sound like the same thing to me. So LE saying she wasn't abducted, but was taken at gun point completely threw me off.
I understand. Just saying that in the absence of evidence to the contrary the presumption would be an abduction. So when it was said about being taken at gunpoint it was very early in all this. Maybe something was discovered that casts that into doubt.

I have been sitting on my hands since the beginning waiting for something concrete to change my view and I haven't heard or seen it yet.

LE did NOT say "she wasn't abducted". He was asked questions and he said in part:

"I don’t have some of those answers that I want to give you, I want to give the family," Fitzgerald said.
What we know about the disappearance of Jayme Closs, the Wisconsin girl missing since her parents' deaths

I'm trying to find a transcript of the rest of the presser where he said he could not classify it as an abduction-- it was in answer to a specific question, but the above line was the gist of what he was saying IMO. Not calling it an abduction for legal purposes doesn't mean they don't think that's what could have happened. MOO.

ETA: here is the video of the presser: WKOW 27
I'm not able to watch video right now where I am but if anyone wants to watch and transcribe word-for-word of that exchange with the reporter, that would probably be helpful for clearing this up. TIA.

I think that if it turns out to be JC and possibly the other person she met online, and if they are both minors they will not be able to run away and hide for the rest of their lives. They will not be smart enough, and will not have the resources for survival. I am just hoping the missing JC portion ends on a positive note. If the perpetrator is an adult how long could this go on?

Unless it was online only. I get the feeling that she didn’t have a ton of friends

If it’s online only then LE will find something soon. There is no way a 13 year old from a small town in Wisconsin is smart enough to hide her entire digital history from FBI tech experts.

Why do you get the feeling she doesn’t have a lot of friends?

Due to the sheriff not saying they are calling this an abduction, on the previous thread some posters suggested that maybe Jayme just ran away. However, IMO the sheriff has said the exact opposite of that being the situation and been pretty clear she is not a runaway:

Amber Alert: Vigil held for missing Wisconsin teen Jayme Closs

They also previously gave a list of things to look out for in suspect behavior changes:

Amber Alert for 13-year-old Wisconsin girl after parents found dead

To me these things indicate they believe another person is responsible for Jayme's disappearance and her parent's murder. Perhaps they are not calling this an abduction because they have no credible information that she is still alive or that she left the house alive? I have no doubt she is in danger. I don't believe she left of her own free will. MOO.
If she left willingly with the perp (boyfriend) she would still be in danger but not abducted.

LE did NOT say "she wasn't abducted". He was asked questions and he said in part:

"I don’t have some of those answers that I want to give you, I want to give the family," Fitzgerald said.
What we know about the disappearance of Jayme Closs, the Wisconsin girl missing since her parents' deaths

I'm trying to find a transcript of the rest of the presser where he said he could not classify it as an abduction-- it was in answer to a specific question, but the above line was the gist of what he was saying IMO. Not calling it an abduction for legal purposes doesn't mean they don't think that's what could have happened. MOO.

ETA: here is the video of the presser: WKOW 27
I'm not able to watch video right now where I am but if anyone wants to watch and transcribe word-for-word of that exchange with the reporter, that would probably be helpful for clearing this up. TIA.
These are the bullet-points
  • Sheriff Fitzgerald said he could not classify this as an abduction, as there's no information to support that at this time but is saying she is missing and in danger.
  • Fitzgerald said there's no credible information that this is a sex trafficking case.
  • He also admitted this is a tough case and they are not as far as he'd like to be in the investigation. "I'm struggling with this, because I don't have some of the answers that I want to give you and give the family," he said.
  • Fitzgerald said more than 100 active law enforcement is working the case currently. Updates will be sent via the Barron County Sheriff's Department or the FBI social media channels.
  • The community is not needed to conduct searches at this point, Fitzgerald said, but the tipline is the best direct source for the public to relay pertinent information in this case.
  • Jayme Closs disappearance: What we know
Not arguing, just posting.
Chi

If it’s online only then LE will find something soon. There is no way a 13 year old from a small town in Wisconsin is smart enough to hide her entire digital history from FBI tech experts.

Why do you get the feeling she doesn’t have a lot of friends?
If all correspondence was done by text, the content will not be recoverable without either of the phones. However, records will show phone numbers she was communicating with. If they were communicating through another app, Tinder for instance, it might take even longer to access that info.

Why not just bring her to the perp’s house as many do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member