AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that too, until I read my daughters facebook IMs.

I read my girls' Facebook IMs, also. The most dramatic thing I ever found was my oldest daughter trying to help a classmate who was struggling with cutting. Just because some kids are advancing at an early age does not mean that they all are. Mine are now in their mid-20's and we have talked candidly about many things. While I didn't always know everything, I was very close in my assessments of what they were up to. Mine went from playing with dolls into being heavily involved in sports and academics all the way through high school. Three varsity sports and honors classes will keep a kid mighty busy.

I do agree that kids today lose their innocence way too early. With that said, it is easy to assume that most kids are doing all that we read and hear about. But I feel it is important to realize that there are still kids out there who are not as corrupted as the worst that we might know of. My way is to assume this about this young girl until I see something that tells me different.

Let us not forget HA (initials used to protect) from California.

Finally caught up on the entire thread. Since it was that late at night, can we assume that she was already in her PJ's and would be wearing that or do you think they would have had her change? Wonder if there was proof in her room shoing her clothes being changed or if her bed was slept in yet?

this is my question. According to the timeline in an article when the police responded to the 911 call and arrived at the house 5 minutes after the call around 1am, it appears they immediately knew Jayme was missing. How did they know this immediately unless there was evidence she was there then...not. She could have been at a neighbors, a relatives, her caretakers, etc. Somehow they immediately knew something was amiss.

In my OOP...
Barron is small town USA (I live near here) crime does happen but this is well beyond our normal drug offenses and breakins. Unless there was drugs related or other gang affiliations it would not be very likely their house was randomly chosen for a break in gone bad. Both parents were employed an I assume good standing. People who are gainfully employed and showing up for work are most likely not involved in something nefarious enough to bring about this crime activity. People in town would be talking if this were a drug house. Users spread that word pretty quickly. Because if the above, I begin to think how this could be related to Jayme. I am only left with a feeling that she was involved either in person or online with someone her parents didn’t approve of. Because of this being during the night I think she was attempting to secretly leave with this person. Her parents heard her and an argument ensued. Not sure she intended for any of this to happen as I feel like she is quite naive and possibly didn’t know how dangerous this individual was/is. She either went willingly because she is naive enough to believe she is in love or atthis point she is so scared of what just occurred she feels she has no other choice. Again, IMOO

That makes a lot of sense.

I read my girls' Facebook IMs, also. The most dramatic thing I ever found was my oldest daughter trying to help a classmate who was struggling with cutting. Just because some kids are advancing at an early age does not mean that they all are. Mine are now in their mid-20's and we have talked candidly about many things. While I didn't always know everything, I was very close in my assessments of what they were up to. Mine went from playing with dolls into being heavily involved in sports and academics all the way through high school. Three varsity sports and honors classes will keep a kid mighty busy.

I do agree that kids today lose their innocence way too early. With that said, it is easy to assume that most kids are doing all that we read and hear about. But I feel it is important to realize that there are still kids out there who are not as corrupted as the worst that we might know of. My way is to assume this about this young girl until I see something that tells me different.

Let us not forget HA (initials used to protect) from California.

Well said. Not every teenage girl is trying to keep up with the Kardashians. moo

this is my question. According to the timeline in an article when the police responded to the 911 call and arrived at the house 5 minutes after the call around 1am, it appears they immediately knew Jayme was missing. How did they know this immediately unless there was evidence she was there then...not. She could have been at a neighbors, a relatives, her caretakers, etc. Somehow they immediately knew something was amiss.

Was it ever released if the call continued until police arrived? We know no one spoke directly to the dispatcher but what was the duration of the call? If it was disconnected mid call, the dispatcher would call back and if no answer, it would go to _______'s voicemail. Perhaps that's how they knew who was at the house at that time or who made the call? (If it was her cell phone that made it)

Still trying to figure out the care giver for a teenager old enough to legally babysit others. Even switched schools due to the care giver's location.

Did Jayme's parents regularly work the same or separate shifts? Were those revolving shifts/days or set and always the same?

Was her having a care giver at 13 strictly due to needing rides to/from track, dance and school?

Were the parents overly cautious with needing a babysitter for their teenager or did they have (a) specific reason(s) or concerns with wanting an adult always watching after Jayme?

Personally , I like the idea of an adult being involved with a middle school child. There is oversight and not free reign.

That is the age when kids need to have a lot of activities so they aren’t left with a lot of free time to do inappropriate things, Sports,dance, babysitting,clubs. And an adult to answer to

Was it ever released if the call continued until police arrived? We know no one spoke directly to the dispatcher but what was the duration of the call? If it was disconnected mid call, the dispatcher would call back and if no answer, it would go to _______'s voicemail. Perhaps that's how they knew who was at the house at that time or who made the call? (If it was her cell phone that made it)

It was reported to last "less than a minute".

Persoanlku, I like the idea of an adult being involved with a middle school child. There is oversight and not free reign.

That is the age when kids need to have a lot of activities so they aren’t left with a lot of free time to do inappropriate things, Sports,dance, babysitting,clubs. And an adult to answer to

Good or bad, it's not often to hear of a 13 year old having a care giver in a 2 parent household. I was curious if it was her parents being proactive or reactive.

Good or bad, it's not often to hear of a 13 year old having a care giver in a 2 parent household. I was curious if it was her parents being proactive or reactive.

I lived in a 2 parent household and up until high school, I had a caretaker whom was my grandfather. Then again, my parents seemed to have sheltered me in my childhood.

In my OOP...
Barron is small town USA (I live near here) crime does happen but this is well beyond our normal drug offenses and breakins. Unless there was drugs related or other gang affiliations it would not be very likely their house was randomly chosen for a break in gone bad. Both parents were employed an I assume good standing. People who are gainfully employed and showing up for work are most likely not involved in something nefarious enough to bring about this crime activity. People in town would be talking if this were a drug house. Users spread that word pretty quickly. Because if the above, I begin to think how this could be related to Jayme. I am only left with a feeling that she was involved either in person or online with someone her parents didn’t approve of. Because of this being during the night I think she was attempting to secretly leave with this person. Her parents heard her and an argument ensued. Not sure she intended for any of this to happen as I feel like she is quite naive and possibly didn’t know how dangerous this individual was/is. She either went willingly because she is naive enough to believe she is in love or atthis point she is so scared of what just occurred she feels she has no other choice. Again, IMOO

bbm
Appreciate your local insights, and IMO one of the neighbors who reportedly heard the gunshots seems to agree:
The Smrekars don’t think the incident at their neighbors’ home was a random act.

“There are much more grandiose houses in the country than these,” Tom Smrekar said, noting that both houses are relatively close to U.S. 8 and aren’t isolated.

Joan Smrekar said she is trying to stay upbeat and not think about the horrific incident.

“This is someone killing someone else, and it is right next door,” she said.
'It is right next door': Wisconsin community in shock over couple's slaying in early morning hours

Police said they didn't think there was a danger to the public but that Jayme is in danger. They apparently don't know who they're looking for because they gave the general info about noticing if people started acting differently. Police received a cell call but it seems to have only picked up background arguing or something. So, it would rather seem the argument may have revealed a motive that showed the family was targeted for a reason (I'd assume to get Jayme). They don't know who the person was but don't think they'll go after anybody else.

I lived in a 2 parent household and up until high school, I had a caretaker whom was my grandfather.

The word care taker, to me, would mean an outside person who takes care of/babysits a person. A grandfather who does this, I would think of as a grandfather first, care taker 2nd in terms of "titles."

Ex) An aunt who takes care of Jayme in her parents' absence vs a care taker who takes care of Jayme in her parents absence.
Just odd wording if it is infact a family member.

Will there be a presser today?

There will be a 4pm news conference today...

Paul Blume on Twitter
Sheriff announces 4pm news conference to provide updates in #JaymeCloss search. We've been told autopsies being done on her parents to determine cause of death. Authorities have only said there was a "shooting at the home" but have not clarified if they were indeed shot.

The word care taker, to me, would mean an outside person who takes care of/babysits a person. A grandfather who does this, I would think of as a grandfather first, care taker 2nd in terms of "titles."

Ex) An aunt who takes care of Jayme in her parents' absence vs a care taker who takes care of Jayme in her parents absence.
Just odd wording if it is infact a family member.
I must have missed the fact that she had a caretaker. Where did this info come from? And, I guess we have no idea who it was?

I am more inclined to think that the caregiver was for Jayme's Grandmother (who died of Cancer) or some other family member and not for Jayme. The mentioning of a caregiver neither mentions who the caregiver was for and, more importantly, when there was a caregiver around.

Police said they didn't think there was a danger to the public but that Jayme is in danger. They apparently don't know who they're looking for because they gave the general info about noticing if people started acting differently. Police received a cell call but it seems to have only picked up background arguing or something. So, it would rather seem the argument may have revealed a motive that showed the family was targeted for a reason (I'd assume to get Jayme). They don't know who the person was but don't think they'll go after anybody else.
That is almost verbatim what the LE statements in the Mollie Tibbetts case sounded like before they had a suspect. There’s no danger to the community, let us know if you notice anyone acting weird... And now we know in hindsight the suspect was completely unknown to LE at that time, they had no idea what happened and they had absolutely no basis for saying there’s no danger to the community.

I'm sure her parents weren't working 9-5 M-F. They worked at Jennie-O which means they probably worked shift work. He father was working on Sunday. They need caregivers to help with their kids before/after school or overnight. It isn't a 13 year old being left home for a couple hours. This is very common in Wisconsin, especially in areas were the majority of the decent paying jobs are in factories.

If all correspondence was done by text, the content will not be recoverable without either of the phones. However, records will show phone numbers she was communicating with. If they were communicating through another app, Tinder for instance, it might take even longer to access that info.
Actually you can get actual text messages back from phone companies- they can be retrieved but it’s a massive job only done if person in imminent danger of death or really serious harm ( I’m talking from experience in U.K. LE)

If all correspondence was done by text, the content will not be recoverable without either of the phones. However, records will show phone numbers she was communicating with. If they were communicating through another app, Tinder for instance, it might take even longer to access that info.

Eh... depends on the provider. I can log into my Verizon account on my computer and see all text correspondence for all our devices, and I can send/receive texts that way as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo