AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread 2 is full of pictures of LE carrying off the fully in-tact storm door with pumpkin decorations on it. It was not shot in. If that door was shot with a shotgun the glass would have shattered. It did not shatter. It was in tact, with a pumpkin decoration on the front. The handle was intact.

I'm not getting a drug-fueled home invasion vibe, mainly because we've seen the animalistic behavior people on meth and other drugs are capable of on other threads here and we haven't heard anything more than two shots were heard and both parents were shot. It feels premeditated and somewhat "organized" for lack of a better word, as opposed to a druggie looking for money or kicks. JMO.

From the neighbor's statement to Banfield we've learned that they came home around 11:30. What we don't know is if the killer was already in the Closs' home by then. So IMO it's possible that Jayme's parents were tied up or otherwise disabled already. The shots heard may have been the final "kill shots" - sorry to be so graphic. IOW there may be a gap in the timeline.

CNN.com - Transcripts
Like others here I believe LE knows way more than we think. I hope that means Jayme will be located soon. MOO.
This is what I said, I think the killer (s) were in the house before the neighbors got home. It sounds like it was a gruesome scene so I can't help but wonder if they were tied up and tortured first and the 2 shots the neighbors heard were the fatal gun shots at the end vs. The beginning.

Thread 2 is full of pictures of LE carrying off the fully in-tact storm door with pumpkin decorations on it. It was not shot in. If that door was shot with a shotgun the glass would have shattered. It did not shatter. It was in tact, with a pumpkin decoration on the front. The handle was intact.
I was trying not to cause a "blank" storm in here, but I am surprised that the family spoke to the media like that. Usually LE doesn't give that information out to the family <modsnip - not victim friendly>.

Last edited by a moderator:
7:32 PM EDT Police Remain Baffled

“Today, with assistance from community volunteers, we are conducting a routine search for articles of evidentiary value that may be related to Jayme’s disappearance,” Barron County officials said."

"Later Thursday, the sheriff’s department issued another release and confirmed that despite more than 800 tips, “nothing of evidentiary value has been recovered.”

7:32 PM EDT

Authorities Are Still Baffled Over What Happened to Missing and 'Endangered' Teen Jayme Closs

The question is now, was the wood door shot in.

So the person carefully opened the storm door and propped it open so the blowback did not shatter the glass, and shot in the regular door?

I think the much more likely scenario is the father was shot in front of the door and the bullet holes or fragments left the untrained and speculating family members to say the door was "shot in" since there was a shooting in front of it.

I was trying not to cause a "blank" storm in here, but I am surprised that the family spoke to the media like that. Usually LE doesn't give that information out to the family, just in case one of them could be a potential POI or suspect.

I think family might have been asked to see if anything was missing from the house that could help explain who was in there and why (were valuables missing? anything obvious?) and the family spoke out of line relaying what they thought the scene looked like.

LE has said not to take anything as truth unless it is released from the podium and they did not say how the house was entered or if a door was shot. I'm gonna go with what LE said and my own lyin' eyes that saw them remove a glass storm door that was not shot in ;)

So the person carefully opened the storm door and propped it open so the blowback did not shatter the glass, and shot in the regular door?

I think the much more likely scenario is the father was shot in front of the door and the bullet holes or fragments left the untrained and speculating family members to say the door was "shot in" since there was a shooting in front of it.
The question about the wood door stems from the damage to the wood door as seen in the video. The wood door was removed by LE but was the damage to the door done by LE removing it or by something that happened during the murder?

I have been looking at all of the photos of Jayme and she seems to be so naive.

She doesnt appear to want to look older than she is like many girls her age.

Now I am doubting she would chat online with anyone she didnt personally know.

I think she lived a life where her parents instilled in her to enjoy whatever age she is and not grow up too fast but enjoy being a young child for as long as possible.

Now I am even doubting she would have a boyfriend.

I know you cant judge everything by photos but I get the feeling she may have even been very shy around boys.

Just a feeling...nothing more.
Yeah....I don’t see that defiant spark you usually see. I agree with you.

I don't know if the door is going to end up being that significant, but since it has been in the narrative to this point:
Storm doors have a sliding lock at the top of the door, usually. It's extremely easy for me, at 5'6'' tall and not at all mechanically inclined, to open a storm door for the purpose of getting groceries in or the dogs, and while it's open, slide the lock piece over to the other side of the door near the top of the door.
We had them in our former residence. I did not want them here because they can close very fast when you're releasing the lock at the top of the closing mechanism.

I'm not getting a drug-fueled home invasion vibe, mainly because we've seen the animalistic behavior people on meth and other drugs are capable of on other threads here and we haven't heard anything more than two shots were heard and both parents were shot. It feels premeditated and somewhat "organized" for lack of a better word, as opposed to a druggie looking for money or kicks. JMO.

From the neighbor's statement to Banfield we've learned that they came home around 11:30. What we don't know is if the killer was already in the Closs' home by then. So IMO it's possible that Jayme's parents were tied up or otherwise disabled already. The shots heard may have been the final "kill shots" - sorry to be so graphic. IOW there may be a gap in the timeline.

CNN.com - Transcripts
Like others here I believe LE knows way more than we think. I hope that means Jayme will be located soon. MOO.
I don't think they would have been tied up first and then shot since the Mom was inside and the dad was in the doorway. But I do think there was a struggle after they were shot, and they possibly fought for their daughters life. The statement about the crime scene being so horrible for LE makes me think there may have been blood throughout the house. It's possible that one or both did not die instantly and this would explain the time between the shots and the 911 call. Maybe the father lived long enough to try to prevent the killer from getting Jamie out the door, and that's where he died. Either that or he was killed instantly when the killer arrived and the Mom put up a struggle. I just think at least one did not die instantly and that was part of the commotion and yelling that was heard in the background, which enabled someone to make that call. Jmo

In my life history of living in Atlanta, the Atlanta area FBI was the most responsive and well- equipped in the SE USA. I was a witness to a crime, and they had e-tools long before the gen. public had anything similar. ( Emaps, neighborhoods, ink samples with widths of the writing, a hundred things with them in the field).

There may have been a credible sighting reported in the SE US. Praying for Jayme.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member