AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM
Here’s a small portion selected from the transcript log - link below. I don’t quite understand the disconnected part. Discontinued for non pmt, closing of acct, Etc. or disconnected as pulled out from the wall.

ATTEMPTED TO CALL THE LAND LINE AT THE RESIDENCE BUT THE PHONE HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED.
1:03 329 ADVISED OF A POSSIBLE SUICIDE ATTEMPT. REQUESTED ASSISTANCE FROM BARRON PD. ADVISED 656.
1:03 PAGED 501 & 1ST RESPONDERS.
1:04 329 REQUESTED TO HAVE EMS STAGE. PAGED EMS FOR AN APPARENT SUICIDE.
[118 - 10/15/2018 01:04:17] 325 ADVISED ONE MALE DOWN, MULTIPLE ROUNDS SPENT. REQUESTED THAT ADMIN BE NOTIFIED.
[115 - 10/15/2018 01:05:19] 317 REQUESTED ERT BE PAGED OUT. ADVISED THE DOOR HAS BEEN KICKED IN. ADVISED THAT THE MALE WHO IS DOWN HAD ANSWERED THE DOOR. UNKNOWN IF ANYONE IS MISSING.

.................and here below. Who is driving by and as key to leave? Was this driver questions
[115 - 10/15/2018 02:00:59] 325 ADVISED ___ AND ___ WERE ASKED TO LEAVE AS THEY WERE DRIVING BY MULTIPLE TIMES.
911 dispatch log: Call made from Denise's cell phone, door kicked in

Re Disconnected, they probably just cut the cord. My, my wife, and my two kids each have cell phones now. We cancelled our home phone and saved $80 a month

Don't believe that info has been reported. 3-11pm is common shift and depending on distance from work, Dad likely just got home.

I hope I'm not misremembering, but I believe I read the Jennie-O plant is 4 minutes from their home, putting him home at, let's say, 11:15 p.m. at the latest. If that's the case, it's possible he's in pajamas and in bed by the time things start happening. MOO

I have wondered if someone else was visiting mom and/or daughter in house before dad got home.

If that were the case, then how come police transcript seems to indicate dad answered the door before he was killed? It's unlikely to me that dad would have kicked in the door. And it's even less likely to me that dad walked in on someone knowing that multiple rounds were spent (per police transcript). Its more likely by the sound of it that someone came to the door and dad went to answer the door...

Wow. That photo does look like blood on parts of the chair and right rear tie.

Speculation: Dad hears noise, gets out of bed and goes to door, shot dead by invader. Mom is terrified and threatened with gun, then tied in chair while JLC tries to hide. JLC does not have a phone with her. Invader searches house, ransacks house, but cannot locate JLC. Invader tortures Mom telling her to scream for JLC to come out. He is yelling to JLC to come or Mom gets it again. This goes on for about 20-25 minutes. JLC sneaks out enough to find a phone, dial 911, but is discovered by invader. Invader shoots Mom dead, may have been heard on 911. Invader disconnects 911 call and flees with JLC.

That's just an entirely speculatory scene to tie together some things like the door, chair, the delay in calling 911 and abrupt cut off.

JMO whole post

My parents worked odd shift so that someone was always home. Dad worked first shift and mom worked shift. Some factories don't want family members to be on the same shift so that if something was to happen (family, medical emer) then they would not be missing more crew on the same shift. MOO

One thing that I found interesting is this...

[118 - 10/15/2018 01:04:17] 325 ADVISED ONE MALE DOWN, MULTIPLE ROUNDS SPENT. REQUESTED THAT ADMIN BE NOTIFIED.

This is four minutes before they found Denise, who was apparently in another room. I'm starting to think that the neighbour only heard the two shots at the husband as the assailant was standing outside at the time. The fact that he is aware of "multiple rounds" before he enters fully in to the house must mean that there were multiple shell casings in the doorway.

I've been played arm chair follower since last night trying to locate differences to two cases from Minneapolis Metro area two years ago.

This is almost identical other than the 911 sneak call. Both of those ended up as a nephew murdering their family member due to drugs. As those family members had been assisting with money, food and housing, so the victims were comfy and offguard.

The secondary perimeter makes me believe this with no huge search parties taking place.

If those are cushion ties on the chair where would the actual cushion be?
I have been wondering the same thing all along. JMO I think they look like thin nylon cord, that someone was tied to the chair, likely Mom, and LE cut the cords to free her body. No cushion. I think the Perp brought cord with him.

“If you have ever had a misunderstanding” Odd.
Good catch !
Makes me think LE have a fairly good idea as to what went down ; just that they can't find the perp and Jayme.
But that they might know a motive ?

No matter what the police have said, I guarantee she is considered just as much a suspect as she is a victim. Until they have evidence to the contrary, which they very well may have, in the form of what was being said in the overheard phone conversation. Do they have her phone? Somehow I get the feeling that was what they were looking for on the highway yesterday. If so, it would make me wonder why an abductor would allow her to take it?
Emph. mine

Agreed that is curious.

The perp would have to know that phone 'pings' would put LE on their trail. Assuming this is more that just one perp
Also-- if this was a vendetta against the parents-- why take a hostage ?
That's practically like putting a tracking device on your vehicle ; and it would intensify investigation by the FBI and local LE tenfold.

This isn't that suspicious to me. I bet the cops have knocked on every door in this tiny town in the last few days. It would be surprising to me if they *didnt* come across a few other crimes in the process.

That is definitely true Breezy. Other illegal activities were uncovered in several other murder cases where law enforcement agencies where out in great numbers.

None of them were connected to the case that had brought them out in greater numbers though.

I suspect they will uncover more illegal activities as the investigation continues that has absolutely nothing to do with this case.

Imo

Sheriff gets over 1,000 tips as search for abducted teen continues
"We are hopeful to learn more about the Closs family to help bring Jayme home," Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald said in a statement Friday. "If you spent time with members of the Closs family recently, or if you have ever had a misunderstanding with members of the Closs family, or know someone who has, please call the tipline."

Fitzgerald said the public should be mindful of someone who missed work suddenly; missed scheduled appointments; suddenly left town without a reasonable explanation; changed appearance; is acting anxious, nervous, or irritable; or is paying an unusual amount of interest -- either too much or too little -- to the progress of the Closs investigation.

Wow. That photo does look like blood on parts of the chair and right rear tie.

Speculation: Dad hears noise, gets out of bed and goes to door, shot dead by invader. Mom is terrified and threatened with gun, then tied in chair while JLC tries to hide. JLC does not have a phone with her. Invader searches house, ransacks house, but cannot locate JLC. Invader tortures Mom telling her to scream for JLC to come out. He is yelling to JLC to come or Mom gets it again. This goes on for about 20-25 minutes. JLC sneaks out enough to find a phone, dial 911, but is discovered by invader. Invader shoots Mom dead, may have been heard on 911. Invader disconnects 911 call and flees with JLC.

That's just an entirely speculatory scene to tie together some things like the door, chair, the delay in calling 911 and abrupt cut off.

JMO whole post

I think this scenario makes a lot of sense. However, I believe the mom was shot soon after the father because we know the neighbors heard the two gun blasts happen within a short window (2-5mins iirc). Maybe there were two or more perps and the yelling heard on the 911 call was them yelling at each other and/or at Jayme.

Perhaps the door had a chain lock or other style that can only be unlocked manually from inside? Seems less common in a rural locality, but a possibility.

Sorry but I don't believe during a home invasion the perps are going to take the time to lock and then chain lock the door. I also don't believe for a second that James wasn't the one who answered the door from INSIDE the house. Probably woken out of bed by some loud knocking or the doorbell. He opened the door and they shot him dead right on the spot. They could have left the door wide open, so when police arrived, they mistook that for it being kicked in. Or maybe the perps damaged the door trying to get in before knocking or whatever. Either way, What makes sense is James came to the door and was shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro