AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

I can't find the link, but it's in the 911 log/ police report.
There is no police report that I know of, but in the log they did request a drone. Where does it indicate that it was "civilian?"

I consider the source to be unreliable and don't believe for one minute they have inside info. moo
ITA! Maybe the "insider" is *as an example only* a file clerk or FedEx delivery guy. IOW, what FBI agent would say “We know 100 percent that Jayme is still alive.” ?? Um, okay.

And what's with the neighbor? Now she's painting the Closs family as reclusive and unfriendly to the neighbors. I won't quote but you can see her comments here:
The Closs Family Was Reclusive Before Murder: 'They Wouldn't Even Come To The Door'

JS needs to stop giving out interviews. MOO.

This is exactly why I don't understand the reasoning for allowing this source and story.

In one part of the story we have the neighbor that alleges that they heard shots at 12:31am and yet we have an alleged FBI source describing a Hollywood screenplay where everything seems to have gone down within minutes from beginning to end. The scenario described means that Denise was up and awake and was able to make it to a bathroom to barricade only herself in. Why not barricade herself in Jayme's room? Was Jayme also awake at that hour? Both stories are contradictory and FBI and the Sheriff aren't discrediting the neighbor's timing of the shots. Both of the stories can't be true.

Also, if Denise had barricaded herself in the bathroom and could dial 911 why didn't she say a word? Or does the alleged FBI source have some theory of Denise dialing 911, dropping her phone somewhere, barricading herself in the bathroom and ... what? How does this even work? I don't buy this at all. The story describes a mother, contrary to everything else we have heard, that when the chips were down went to save herself and left her kid high and dry. I can't wrap my head around that. Not to mention, with Mom barricaded in the bathroom why bother with any effort to break into said bathroom just to kill her? What would be the point, if the target were Jayme? And if the target wasn't Jayme then why bother with Jayme or why wasn't Jayme found dead there as well?

Okay, I just want to say I don't understand where anyone is getting the idea Denise hid in the bathroom alone. I have not seen any source say such they all say with Jayme. If someone could link this source that had supposedly doing it by herself I would appreciate it.

Second they do have a story/idea and I believe it was actually from the sheriff in the last press conference but i can't remember and have no time to loom atm, i will come me back and link you the theory, though!

don't think it coincides with being in the bathroom or anywhere else really other than in the house and her making the call.

The thought was she dialed 911 but was unable to make contact with the dispatcher before she was killed (or somehow lost the phone otherwise / couldn't get to it if it got knocked away etc)

So, the theory is she is dead by the time the dispatcher connects or second away from it. It's a little... wonky to me concerning the timing to be honest, but this is the theory that they currently had as of releasing who the phone belonged to.

1. The neighbors arrive home at 11:30 pm, do whatever they need to do to prepare for bed, and by 12:15 they are in bed. They hear 2 loud gunshots at 12:30. This tells me that this WAS, in fact, the beginning of the assault. Why ? Because we know (from police logs) that the father was shot as he answered the door. Looking at the door frame on the handle side, we can clearly see damage to the frame... (kicked in, shot in, that part is not really clear at this point.) So, imo , this is where the violence actually started. It's logical, it's backed up by reports, and it's a fact as far as I'm concerned.

2. We now have reports that DC barricaded herself in a room of the house (possibly the bathroom). Do the facts bear that out ? I believe they do, and here's why: we know that police dispatch has an officer initially reporting a suicide, despite the fact that they don't see a gun near James. They search the house, find a barricaded door and have no way of knowing what's on the other side of the door until they gain entry. Once they do gain entry, and find another body without a gun, the scenario quickly changes to homicide. That makes complete sense to me.

3. Inside the barricaded room, LE discovers the cell phone from which Denise called 911.

4. The 911 call was placed at roughly 1 am. LE arrived at the house 4 minutes after that call. Jayme and the suspects are gone. This leads me to believe that the entire incident occurred in roughly a matter of 30 minutes. That is not a lot of time in which to kill 2 people and kidnap another, so, to my mind, no one just hung around assaulting Jayme, eating snacks, chit chatting, etc. etc.

5. It's also not a lot of time to do all that AND ransack the house for valuables or drugs.

6. I think the sole intent of this horrific incident was to take Jayme. What I can't wrap my head around is why do all THIS to achieve that end ? Is this a young kid obsessed with Jayme who just didn't realize how wrong everything might turn ? Is this a family dispute of some sort ? A disgruntled employee ? Can't get any kind of a mental hit on that.

Thank you so much!! This makes a great difference in the timeline. The question is what were they doing in the house so long? Appx 25 minutes from initial gunshots to call. So many questions. When people suggested that the chair had restraints, I thought there was not enough time. The length of the ties is off for a chair cushion. So I wil add it to my assumptions that there was indeed enough time to restrain someone. This is a horrible crime to try to decipher. Everything about it is frightening.
Also, could it be possible the shots were fired at a completely different time but the neighbor was disoriented? I know I’ve woken to a strange noise in the middle of the night but then when I try to recall the details I might be off from the real time it happened.

These are excellent. Can they be saved in the media thread?

Yes, splinter. Weird splinter. Looks fresh.

The ties may be on there for some reason done by the Closs.

It took me three tries just to figure out how to link back to a previous thread. It was @elektroangel who posted these pictures so maybe she can figure out how to get them into the media thread when she comes on.

I don't consider that notifying the public, but I guess it is. I don't follow this case on FB. I consider a news conference to be notifying the public. Call me old school.

I agree with you!
I do not and will not ever have a presence on Social Media. People who know me know why- I was stalked, almost killed and the perp. is out of prison.

Then, there are those who want accountability for the news being actual news, and we know of the breaches to SM as far as inaccurate things. ( this is not a political statement- I am apolitical).

Reporting NEWS in a respectful, journalistic manner has been the backbone of this country's integrity since Benjamin Franklin's time. It should not be abandoned nor tainted by the sensational, the gossipy, or the lurid " details" of SM. JMO, as an old person who attended what is now an old school, literally. :)

Well, it's certainly not some kind of tag like I first thought. You can clearly see on this picture that whatever it is isn't tied on. It's in the seat. I'll go along and now say, yes, splinters.
screen-shot-2018-10-16-at-9-44-17-pm-png.151654

1. The neighbors arrive home at 11:30 pm, do whatever they need to do to prepare for bed, and by 12:15 they are in bed. They hear 2 loud gunshots at 12:30. This tells me that this WAS, in fact, the beginning of the assault. Why ? Because we know (from police logs) that the father was shot as he answered the door. Looking at the door frame on the handle side, we can clearly see damage to the frame... (kicked in, shot in, that part is not really clear at this point.) So, imo , this is where the violence actually started. It's logical, it's backed up by reports, and it's a fact as far as I'm concerned.

2. We now have reports that DC barricaded herself in a room of the house (possibly the bathroom). Do the facts bear that out ? I believe they do, and here's why: we know that police dispatch has an officer initially reporting a suicide, despite the fact that they don't see a gun near James. They search the house, find a barricaded door and have no way of knowing what's on the other side of the door until they gain entry. Once they do gain entry, and find another body without a gun, the scenario quickly changes to homicide. That makes complete sense to me.

3. Inside the barricaded room, LE discovers the cell phone from which Denise called 911.

4. The 911 call was placed at roughly 1 am. LE arrived at the house 4 minutes after that call. Jayme and the suspects are gone. This leads me to believe that the entire incident occurred in roughly a matter of 30 minutes. That is not a lot of time in which to kill 2 people and kidnap another, so, to my mind, no one just hung around assaulting Jayme, eating snacks, chit chatting, etc. etc.

5. It's also not a lot of time to do all that AND ransack the house for valuables or drugs.

6. I think the sole intent of this horrific incident was to take Jayme. What I can't wrap my head around is why do all THIS to achieve that end ? Is this a young kid obsessed with Jayme who just didn't realize how wrong everything might turn ? Is this a family dispute of some sort ? A disgruntled employee ? Can't get any kind of a mental hit on that.

Your explantion makes sense.

What about the multiple casings or whatever they are by the dad? That implies more shots.More than two

I have no idea if anyone shot themselves in a house by me, but I lived in the country in MN and could hear shots from a long ways away. But if course it would depend on the gun,

Even though I hate guns, I would only wonder who was shooting and why. I always thought the country was a perfect place for a murder because no one thinks much of gun shots out in the country no matter what time of year and no matter if it is a legal area to shoot ( there are rules as to how close to a structure. Any structure, Even a shed)

If I heard a lot of shots in an area, I would not walk or drive there. Even though there were too many homes where I lived to allow hunting, they came anyway, They were told to leave but I would never walk outside during hunting season.

I don't follow your point. The average maternal age has been on the rise and as of 2016 it was up to 26.6. It is 29 in parts of Western Europe. This is a second marriage for both parents so it would make sense they would have their child a bit later considering they were not married in their early 20s.

Products - Data Briefs - Number 232 - January 2016

I understand that the average parenting age has increased from the early 20s to mid 20s. That would still make having children in one's mid 30s and 40s atypical, no? In any case, the predominant reasons for this increase are educational pursuits and career demands. Neither of those seem to apply here.

And if they were both on second marriages and neither had children from their first marriages, then one logically has to ask why that is so. Like, is it possible that one of them could not have children?

Again, back to my reason for inquiring about this in the first place - has paternity been established?

Like some people here I’m starting to believe someone targeted both of the parents and not Jayme. IMO it’s possible the person or persons had some perceived motive to kill the parents and either did not expect Jayme to be home or to wake up. Even some of the most evil criminals have morals (albeit corrupt morals or conscience) and once they saw Jayme they did not have the willingness to harm her and kidnapped her in panic as she witnessed everything and they have been spending the last few days figuring out what to do.

Yes, definitely agree with you. And they still might know something that can help out!

ALSO, this bugs me. The RadarOnline source that speaks of the dad going to answer the door and it being kicked in and he being shot: wasn't the neighbors claim they were exclusive and no one ever over to visit /have parties there and all she saw was them entering and leaving driveway ?

She also said they wouldn't answer the door when they sometimes brought mail to them, even if they are home?

Yet the dispatch log is under the impression that James answers the door (whether he opens it or is kicked in and he's shot before getting there is a whole different story.)

RECLUSIVE won't come to door in daytime, YET LE from dispatch log assumes from his downed position when they arrive he went to answer.

So, if that ended up how that part went down he is OK with answering door at 12:30 am, though ? ?

o_O sounds messed. what do you guys think...
I think maybe they didn't like that particular neighbor.

Yes, definitely agree with you. And they still might know something that can help out!

ALSO, this bugs me. The RadarOnline source that speaks of the dad going to answer the door and it being kicked in and he being shot: wasn't the neighbors claim they were exclusive and no one ever over to visit /have parties there and all she saw was them entering and leaving driveway ?

She also said they wouldn't answer the door when they sometimes brought mail to them, even if they are home?

Yet the dispatch log is under the impression that James answers the door (whether he opens it or is kicked in and he's shot before getting there is a whole different story.)

RECLUSIVE won't come to door in daytime, YET LE from dispatch log assumes from his downed position when they arrive he went to answer.

So, if that ended up how that part went down he is OK with answering door at 12:30 am, though ? ?

o_O sounds messed. what do you guys think...

Other than this neighbor hearing the two shots I no longer find her credible on anything else she has added to it.

So much of what she says doesnt add up with those who actually do know this family. Quite the opposite from what she has said actually.

It bothers me greatly she is making money off of this horrible tragedy and it's even worse because she really doesnt know this family or anything about them.

I wish the police would tell her to quit talking.

Not sure why this didn't post. Where did we find out that the house was ransacked? I can't find statements from LE on that point and also they have not said there was an intruder. From all their statements I've read, they simply said they could not verify an intruder as it was part of their investigation. I just don't want to base theories on assumed information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste