AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a hard time believing only one perpetrator is out there. It seems as though the crime took place in a short span of time. On the other hand, I wouldn’t think there would be an accomplice if it were a crime of passion. Who would help out a buddy like this? Unless they’re both sadistic and have a warped mind. Idk. Crazy people live among us. Scary to think
I was looking, as best I could find, at previous home invasions in/around Barron co from recent years and there are a couple with multiple perps. Last December 4 young men were arrested for a home break in where they held the victims at gunpoint. There are a few others with at least two perps. Not sure how common this is in general, or if it's a rather particular MO of Barron co criminals. But I definitely think more than one perp could be involved

UPDATE: Sheriff: Missing girl was in home at the time of the murders

"Deputies arrived at that address a short time after the call ended to find no one around on the outside,” Sheriff Fitzgerald says as deputies approached the house, they saw the front door was open and there was a deceased male in that front door way. Officers later found a deceased female while searching the rest of the home.

BBM

Updated: Chilling details revealed in dispatch record

About 4 minutes after the call, deputies arrived at the house. Dispatch records state that James Closs answered the door.

Fitzgerald was asked if that was accurate, that James Closs had answered the door, he said yes. Fitzgerald was asked if a deputy gave James CPR, he said he could not comment.

Shortly afterward, James and Denise were reported down and unresponsive.

OK. So is this not bizarre? Is this where the "suicidal" stuff comes in? Did LE kick in the door? Whaaat??
How did we miss Fitz being asked/answering anything like this?

This report confuses my brain!

Updated: Chilling details revealed in dispatch record

About 4 minutes after the call, deputies arrived at the house. Dispatch records state that James Closs answered the door.

Fitzgerald was asked if that was accurate, that James Closs had answered the door, he said yes. Fitzgerald was asked if a deputy gave James CPR, he said he could not comment.

Shortly afterward, James and Denise were reported down and unresponsive.

OK. So is this not bizarre? Is this where the "suicidal" stuff comes in? Did LE kick in the door? Whaaat??
How did we miss Fitz being asked/answering anything like this?
It's terrible writing and I suspect terrible reporting. We'll see.

As Websleuthers, we follow so many different kinds of crimes and tragedies. Each one has it’s own sense of shock and horror. The hardest ones for me are those that are ongoing, involving a still-unaccounted-for victim. When that missing victim is a child, it is even worse. The desperation I feel as a reader is awful, and pales in comparison to what family, friends, and even LE must be experiencing as they race to find Jayme. I just can’t even. Please bring her home.

As Websleuthers, we follow so many different kinds of crimes and tragedies. Each one has it’s own sense of shock and horror. The hardest ones for me are those that are ongoing, involving a still-unaccounted-for victim. When that missing victim is a child, it is even worse. The desperation I feel as a reader is awful, and pales in comparison to what family, friends, and even LE must be experiencing as they race to find Jayme. I just can’t even. Please bring her home.

THIS. Well said, echoes my sentiments exactly.

I would like to think she told le before any news outlet. She may be doing the interviews to try and help and Not for the money. If I were her I would tell media. And not because I wanted their money. I’d do it in hopes of helping solve the crime. Unless of course le told me not to. I wouldn’t do anything to hinder an investigation. All this is moo!

Is this woman the only one in the community making the media rounds? A woman that didn't even know this family according to her.

I am having queasy feelings about why she is commenting when she doesn't know anything personally about them? Maybe the problem wasn't with Jayme and her family. Maybe the Closs family had had issues themselves about their neighbor next door to them?

The yard seem to be mowed so someone did it and we have seen photos of Jayme outside of her home happy as can be.

Something just seems very off to me concerning this neighbor. Out for her 15 minute of fame?

Here is an article about someone who really does know this family.

Mother of missing Wisconsin teen Jayme Closs was 'family angel'; 'no clue' who killed couple, relative says

A Closs family member who wishes to remain unidentified tells Fox News exclusively that relatives are shocked by the mysterious double murder of 56-year-old James Closs and 46-year-old Denise Closs and don’t have a clue why the Wisconsin couple were shot dead in their home.

“It’s a shock to the system,” the family member tells Fox News.

The relative says Denise Closs was very close to her relatives and has been described as “the family’s angel ... she would take vacation days if you needed help.”

Last edited:
UPDATE: Sheriff: Missing girl was in home at the time of the murders

"Deputies arrived at that address a short time after the call ended to find no one around on the outside,” Sheriff Fitzgerald says as deputies approached the house, they saw the front door was open and there was a deceased male in that front door way. Officers later found a deceased female while searching the rest of the home.

BBM
Maybe the front door was open but the storm door was shut?

Why are we not showing Jayme a familiar face on TV? She knows her parents are deceased. It seems an aunt, uncle, cousins and friends showing solidarity for her would bring her comfort, give her hope, give her strength to get through each day.

In many of the missing child cases, the family or friend is on TV being interviewed. That has not been the case here. I find it concerning and I cannot think of a reason why it is not being done now. So many of the children that are brought home later state that they saw the news. It brought the child comfort to know that their family was working hard to bring them home.

TBH, it sounds like the neighbor is taking advantage of this crime to gain their "5 seconds of fame". Too often that happens in tragedies like this. They didn't know the family, but they "heard gunshots" so they just want to make themselves relevant or use this as an opportunity for $$ from sources like RadarOnline. Sad, really. I'd take everything they say with a grain of salt. Nor would I consider them a suspect necessarily (really doubt it, honestly, because everyone was quick to blame the neighbors who talked in the Mollie Tibbetts case). Very rarely is it the neighbor. Neighbors just like to talk and gossip, so the media loves them.

Why are we not showing Jayme a familiar face on TV? She knows her parents are deceased. It seems an aunt, uncle, cousins and friends showing solidarity for her would bring her comfort, give her hope, give her strength to get through each day.

In many of the missing child cases, the family or friend is on TV being interviewed. That has not been the case here. I find it concerning and I cannot think of a reason why it is not being done now. So many of the children that are brought home later state that they saw the news. It brought the child comfort to know that their family was working hard to bring them home.
I’ve followed many cases and I can’t recall any that didn’t have a family member plea for the missing person - and yet FBI is involved -why is no one pleading for Jayme to be released??

"Fitzgerald did not say for whom James answered the door. "

Clarification: Chilling details revealed in dispatch record

So that sounds like it may or may not be that he answered the door for LE.

This is very confusing.
The way I interpret it is that they asked the sheriff if James answered the door. The sheriff said yes. Technically he did answer the door, for someone. The someone who shot him. I have to think the Closs' deaths both wouldn't be classified as homicides if LE were the ones that shot James. JMO

IDK. It says they asked Fitz. I guess it's wait and see. Makes some sense. Maybe.

Could be a factual report. 'Quick dig for info on reporter yielded:

Winning Best Localized National Story was associate editor Eileen Nimm for her reporting on immigrant dairy farm workers. Managing editor Ryan Urban received honorable mention in the same category for reporting on the reaction of the local Somali community to a travel ban placed on immigrants from seven countries, including Somalia.

The Chronotype wins 11 state newspaper awards

Did she purposefully misword details?

A Gathering of Hope for Jayme Closs is scheduled to take place on Monday evening.

The program is for spiritual and emotional care during this time of crisis in the community. It is scheduled for Monday, Oct. 22nd at Riverview Middle School (135 West River Avenue) in Barron. The event will be held from 6-8 p.m.

There will be music, community activities, resources for families and sharing of hope starting at 6 p.m. The Barron County DHHS Mental Health Staff will be on hand to offer support. The lighting ceremony will take place at 7:30 p.m.

There will be a shuttle service available at the Barron High School parking lot.
Barron Schools host a Gathering of Hope for Jayme Closs

Fitzgerald said his office hasn’t received any tips that justify continuing the ground search.

His office also asked that anyone who’d recently spent time with family or had a misunderstanding with them, or knew someone who did, to call authorities.

If anyone has any information about the missing girl, they are asked to call the tip line at 1-855-744-3879.

The Sheriff’s Department is also asking for information about Jayme’s parents, Denise and James Closs. If anyone spent time with members of the Closs family recently, or have ever had a misunderstanding with members of the Closs family, or know someone who has, please call the tip line.

An email address has also been set up for tips: jaymetips@co.barron.wi.us. It will accept any photos or videos related to possible sightings.
Missing Wisconsin girl, 13, at top of FBI’s missing persons list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member