AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Throwing out theories here - what if the intruder is someone the family knows? This person came over to the house, an argument of some sort occurred, somebody grabbed a gun, dad went to the door as if to open it for them to leave, there's a struggle, James gets shot, then they turn to Denise, trying to make a call - they shoot her, Jayme sees the whole thing, and in a panic they grab her and run. Plausible theory, however, no idea who the intruder is, and what subject would make a discussion that heated?
ETA: the possible suicide from dispatch could be someone was heard in the background saying they would kill themselves if *blank* does or does not happen? This could be coming from the intruder, if they were mentally unstable?
This is very much along the lines of what I am thinking It makes a lot of sense to me that someone known to the Closs’s might have been quite angry over something and arrived at the house ready for a fight. Taking Jayme very well might not have been there intention initially but in their panic to leave quickly and not leave a witness who could identify them took her in haste. LE could be looking into this and hence the seeking of anyone who might of had a ‘misunderstanding’ with the family JMO

i think this is another instance of information not being clear at all. i was really confused about the suicide angle as well, thinking it was logged as that based on the phone call alone before any officer ever arrived at the house. now however i believe that it was based on the officer seeing james on the floor with a gunshot. i don't think it had to do with the call at all. but someone please correct me if i am wrong.

Hi there! Although I don't know how this agency operates, I explained a few threads back that call types can change through out the call. The officer most likely assumed it was a suicide attempt, so the dispatcher changed the call type. You can see it was changed again to homicide when the second victim was found. Also, just because it was categorized as a 911 hang up, does not mean the line was disconnected or hung up. It could've been, but it also could've been an open line (sounds like this is the case).

i think this is another instance of information not being clear at all. i was really confused about the suicide angle as well, thinking it was logged as that based on the phone call alone before any officer ever arrived at the house. now however i believe that it was based on the officer seeing james on the floor with a gunshot. i don't think it had to do with the call at all. but someone please correct me if i am wrong.

I agree with you. I think they heard whatever they heard on the 911 call, then they called the house back and no one answered the phone. LE arrived and saw one deceased man at the door and no one else at the house. He immediately called it in to dispatch as possible suicide.

Before the first LEO on scene reported back to dispatch, no one had any idea whether this was a hang-up call, a robbery, a family argument that escalated. Only when that first LEO called in that there was a deceased man in the doorway was everyone on alert that this is a serious issue and other officers and EMS needed to speed over.

I think the first LEO just saw lone victim with a gunshot and no one else in the house and assumed suicide while he started his investigation. As he walked through the house and found Denise, he changed his read of the crime scene to likely a homicide. When they (presumably) didn't find a gun near either victim they likely ruled out suicide and investigated as a homicide.

And surely they reviewed dash cams on police cars coming to the scene and would have maybe passed them.
From looking at google street view, it's hilly. The view of traffic to the west when coming from the east isn't very far. Maybe 1/2 mile.

Is there any meth or crack addicts in town?

They just seem more likely for this late night type of thing.

They couldn't even stop someone from calling the police. So this isnt as meticulous as we think. Jmo
ohhh yes. if you look at the barron county inmate roster you will see multiple people booked on possession of meth. others have also stated it's a huge problem in that area. there's also a disconcerting number of sex offenders in proportion to how small the area is.

If Mom didn't set up her VM, (firsthand experience), or if her VM was full, you can't leave a vm (again, firsthand experience).

The dispatch log indicates that the dispatcher knew it was Denise's phone based on the voicemail, which makes it even stranger that the dispatcher wouldn't have been able to leave a voicemail.

To kick in a door which is probably a steel insulated door, one would not do it with Tennkes ( that is what we call them in MN) I would think leather boots are needed. Nobody wears shoes except to work.

Do teens have leather boots? Or would it be an older person? Teens in MN wear tennies year round although Birkenstocks with wool socks are popular for winter

Bikers?

Hi there! Although I don't know how this agency operates, I explained a few threads back that call types can change through out the call. The officer most likely assumed it was a suicide attempt, so the dispatcher changed the call type. You can see it was changed again to homicide when the second victim was found. Also, just because it was categorized as a 911 hang up, does not mean the line was disconnected or hung up. It could've been, but it also could've been an open line (sounds like this is the case).

Curious, where it says on the log 'advised of a possible suicide attempt' that looks as though it was made before PD or EMS arrived on scene? And then it changed to 'apparent suicide.' Perhaps that was when PD found the man unresponsive inside the doorway? Or was it before PD arrived? But I dont understand why the dispatcher first felt it was a suicide attempt. Makes me wonder what she heard in the background.
RECEIVED A 911 CALL FROM ______ AND COULD HEAR A LOT OF YELLING. CALLED NUMBER BACK AND WAS UNABLE TO LEAVE A VOICEMAIL. PHONE
PINGED TO THE ABOVE ADDRESS. ADVISED 317, 325, & 329.
VOICEMAIL INDICATES THE PHONE LISTS TO DENISE AT THAT ADDRESS. TRIED CALLING SEVERAL MORE TIMES AND DID NOT RECEIVE AN ANSWER.
ATTEMPTED TO CALL THE LAND LINE AT THE RESIDENCE BUT THE PHONE HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED.
1:03 329 ADVISED OF A POSSIBLE SUICIDE ATTEMPT. REQUESTED ASSISTANCE FROM BARRON PD. ADVISED 656.
1:03 PAGED 501 & 1ST RESPONDERS.
1:04 329 REQUESTED TO HAVE EMS STAGE. PAGED EMS FOR AN APPARENT SUICIDE.

Agree. This level of rage feels very personal.

I just dont see rage. It seemed pretty methodial ..cold and calculated. imo.

He immediately took out his biggest threat and shortly afterward he took out the only threat left.

It doesnt take rage of any kind to do this.

All he needed was determination to exercise his plan and carry it out.

Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members