AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know! I wish they were starting earlier than 9am. I'm from the upper midwest originally, and I know there are plenty of people who would be there at dawn! :)
Sunrise in Barron tomorrow is 7:33am. Not the lightest yet though at this time of day. Perhaps they want to wait until fully light to enable folks to find anything that may be there and also to not be injured in any way while looking.

I know! I wish they were starting earlier than 9am. I'm from the upper midwest originally, and I know there are plenty of people who would be there at dawn! :)
Well, there's no doubt a lot of hunters in the area this time of yer, and I am sure many of them are more than willing to do a search for her. They also all have the proper outdoor gear necessary to do this search. 2000 people is a lot of people to ask for on a week day in a less than 24 hour notice.

I just feel that this is a search and recovery, especially since they are not allowing anyone under the age of 18. Evidence as well, of course, but I really believe it is Jayme they are looking for.

Would they have civilians searching if they expect to come across a body? I feel they would not allow this for obvious reasons- idk...

Yes, they will warn people that if they come upon anything that looks like possible remains, to step back, and alert the team leader.

And that's also why no children are allowed on this search.

Sunrise in Barron tomorrow is 7:33am. Not the lightest yet though at this time of day. Perhaps they want to wait until fully light to enable folks to find anything that may be there and also to not be injured in any way while looking.
Yes. But, I was thinking of the time it will take to sign everyone in. I wish they started that process earlier, not that I want people out there in the fields in the semi-light. :)

Would they have civilians searching if they expect to come across a body? I feel they would not allow this for obvious reasons- idk...
Yes they would. Happens in the majority of missing persons cases where the person turns up deceased. Law enforcement doesn't have the kinds of resources to cover anything but very small areas on their own.

Thank you for that google image. (You probably should provide a direct link, per WS TOS).

To me, this seems like a good possibility of an escape route. Take this to intersect eventually with a road. Head to Hungry Hollow?

jmo
Definitely seems like an escape route. I don't think that area would be too overgrown because that railroad is still in use as per this Frac Sand Spawning Rail Boom in Barron Co.

Definitely makes sense that nobody saw cars fleeing or anything like that if they fled on foot to a car somewhere behind the house. Even if they were still fleeing when cops arrived, the LE didn't know what they were walking into or even what they were looking at when in the house so they gave the suspects additional time to get where they were going even with Jayme.

There are very active railroad tracks behind my home. There is a big field and then tracks. They recently put fencing up to keep people off the tracks but they were previously used as path by pedestrians. It all makes more sense to me than a vehicle being parked right in the drive.

ETA: this makes me think the suspects are generally local (from Barron or surrounding areas) and knew different access points to the Closs' home.

Sadly, evidence is going to be more and more difficult to come by with our seasons here in Wisconsin. I'm from about 40 minutes south, and the leaves are really dropping, and a few different locations have experienced snow coverage. I don't know why, but suddenly it all feels like a recovery.. :(

I think 2k is great, I think they’ll get that number. And I hope even more.

I think back to Lucas Herandez and how tirelessly those ppl searched and they went by the area his body was found multiple times. By the time he was found (months later), the decomp made it impossible to determine cause of death. Giving the criminal more credit if she ever would’ve made it to trial.

I can’t imagine letting that happen to Jayme if we think she’s gone. It’s important to find her now and bring her home to family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member