AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They need to talk to her best friend. Kids that age tell their best friend everything. She would know if Jayme had been talking to some guy online, which is what I suspect. He came to collect, and the parents got in the way.

In my amateur opinion, LE needs to talk directly to this guy through the media/social media and tell him what he needs to do. (Drop Jayme off at a gas station NOW). He won't be thinking clearly and needs some instructions.

Amateur opinion and speculation only
If this guy isn't an older, local boyfriend, then LE needs to start releasing info to the media TONIGHT about dropping Jayme off somewhere and making a deal with the DA. There is a high probability that this could end in a murder-suicide.

Might I note that to my knowledge there still has not been arrest in Russell and Shirley Dermond’s case. Please don’t let this all go cold like their case has. I’m worried.

All resources are being utilized. We can bet on that. In fact I’d call this a “MANHUNT”...kind of hard though to track a man when you don’t know who the man is.
I'm just hoping, hoping that LE knows more than they're telling -- of course they always do, but I hope they are much more informed that we think. Hope, hope, hope.

Stay on it. Have they called in the FBI yet? Or their state investigators? If the local LE are getting worn too thin, then I hope they'll call whoever they need. Every day passing makes it less & less likely that Jayme will be found alive, if it's not already too late...

I'm just hoping, hoping that LE knows more than they're telling -- of course they always do, but I hope they are much more informed that we think. Hope, hope, hope.

Stay on it. Have they called in the FBI yet? Or their state investigators? If the local LE are getting worn too thin, then I hope they'll call whoever they need. Every day passing makes it less & less likely that Jayme will be found alive, if it's not already too late...
FBI has been involved for over 12 hours now. Wisconsin BCI is also involved.

I hadn't seen this quote yet, bbm:

Neighbors Joan and Tom Smrekar said they heard something strange overnight.

"I hear one shot and the second shot was even louder yet," said Joan.

"It actually sounded like a car backfiring or something quite large," said Tom.

Police confirmed there had been gunshots, but stopped short of saying that's how the couple died.
Amber Alert: Teen missing, parents found dead in Wisconsin home
A pillow may have been placed over the shotgun during the first shot. This would muffle the noise. (See the youtube videos.)

How well did the neighbors describe the sound of the gunshots? Do we know/did LE say? I know a shotgun will have a BOOM sound, and a handgun usually, and in my very limited experience, has more of a sharp, quick sound. But yes, a shotgun would certainly get it done quickly and with little or no doubt.
A neighbor says she and her husband heard gunshots around 12:30am. "Very loud shots, big gun and didn't think anything of it,” said JS. She says she didn’t think to call police, assuming the shots were someone shooting at an animal. "There's deer, there's bear, you name it out here so no it didn't really bother us to hear shots. It’s just something that we hear and with hunting season coming…," she said.

Further down in the article:

Neighbor JS said she woke to shots close to 1 a.m. on Monday.

JS recalled, “When I heard the first shot it was, "boom!" Then second, “boom!" even bigger, louder.”
UPDATE: Autopsies scheduled for Barron Co. couple; Amber Alert issued for missing daughter

They have enlisted the help of the FBI according the AP. I can’t link it because my phone immediately opens the AP app.

A neighbor says she and her husband heard gunshots around 12:30am. "Very loud shots, big gun and didn't think anything of it,” said JS. She says she didn’t think to call police, assuming the shots were someone shooting at an animal. "There's deer, there's bear, you name it out here so no it didn't really bother us to hear shots. It’s just something that we hear and with hunting season coming…," she said.

Further down in the article:

Neighbor JS said she woke to shots close to 1 a.m. on Monday.

JS recalled, “When I heard the first shot it was, "boom!" Then second, “boom!" even bigger, louder.”
UPDATE: Autopsies scheduled for Barron Co. couple; Amber Alert issued for missing daughter
Thanks! That definitely sounds like a shotgun.

They have enlisted the help of the FBI according the AP. I can’t link it because my phone immediately opens the AP app.

Investigators don’t have any leads or suspects, but they have enlisted the help of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and the FBI, which has agents who specialize in missing children cases, the sheriff said. He said Jayme is not considered a suspect in her parents’ deaths.
Deputies search for Wisconsin girl whose parents are dead

This reminds me of the Jennifer Short case. Praying for this young ladies safe return.
Investigators release new plea for help in Short Family Murder investigation

Earlier I had recommended everyone read this article but I wanted to clarify not becasue I think there’s a connection, but more to show how this case went cold as stone.

Today, years later, we have so many resources, more advanced technology etc etc so hopefully this will serve as an asset to this case.

I just heard about this case. What a horrifying incident. I'm wondering what's on Jayme's phone/computer? Maybe she ended up talking to someone online?
That’s where my mind immediately goes with this. I’m sure they are delving into that information as we speak.

There’s lots of other possibilities here though, although that one would give them the best opportunity to resolve this quickly and possibly save her life.

Earlier I had recommended everyone read this article but I wanted to clarify not becasue I think there’s a connection, but more to show how this case went cold as stone.

Today, years later, we have so many resources, more advanced technology etc etc so hopefully this will serve as an asset to this case.
It’s shockingly similar. Let’s just hope for a better ending.

And justice.

(This warms my heart to have you here Colorado303, helping in another case, after the loss of your friend, Shanann and you finding your way here through those lovely girls. Thank you again for being here and for sticking around.)
You are very sweet. Thank you. I'm glad WS is here. Seeing how many people care about these victims warms MY heart. You all rock!

If this guy isn't an older, local boyfriend, then LE needs to start releasing info to the media TONIGHT about dropping Jayme off somewhere and making a deal with the DA. There is a high probability that this could end in a murder-suicide.

There are so many ways this could all end. This is all quite potentially volatile. I have noooo idea what’s going to happen here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member