WI WI - Jeffrey DAHMER, "Milwaukee Cannibal", 1978 - 91

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was emotional every time they showed her lying in bed afraid. The noises she heard and smells she smelt. Ugh. If only they’d have listened to her sooner!
she did not live next door to him , that was fictional for the drama. they seem to have taken two accounts from neighbours and made them into the character of Glenda for the series, its a drama not a documentary

Does anyone else have only opinions on what his Dad, Lionel, said to his wife Shari about how he claimed to blame himself as he believed he had similar thoughts during his adolescence. I personally feel like he was just trying to rationalize 'why' Jeff might have done it. I don't really think of it as the same thing. I have had a debate with my family about it and some family members seem to think Jeff got a gene from his Dad and believe his Dad had the same or similar thoughts but I disagree. I think it is more complicated then something he could inherit. If being a serial killer was a inheritable trait we would see patterns of families becoming killers. I honestly think his Dad saying that was more so part of dealing with his guilt processes as a parent of a serial killer. I feel it would be normal to try to understand what went wrong. Does anyone have any feedback?

Does anyone else have only opinions on what his Dad, Lionel, said to his wife Shari about how he claimed to blame himself as he believed he had similar thoughts during his adolescence. I personally feel like he was just trying to rationalize 'why' Jeff might have done it. I don't really think of it as the same thing. I have had a debate with my family about it and some family members seem to think Jeff got a gene from his Dad and believe his Dad had the same or similar thoughts but I disagree. I think it is more complicated then something he could inherit. If being a serial killer was a inheritable trait we would see patterns of families becoming killers. I honestly think his Dad saying that was more so part of dealing with his guilt processes as a parent of a serial killer. I feel it would be normal to try to understand what went wrong. Does anyone have any feedback?
I agree with you. I don't think he inherited a gene from his dad that made him into a serial killer.

It's not uncommon for parents to blame themselves when their kids do the unthinkable.

The nature vs nurture debate goes around and around. I don't think anyone really knows how one becomes a serial killer.

My youngest is now watching a Netflix recreation. IT seems a documentary will follow this series.

He is spellbound and so are we.

I find it annoying that the media seems to be trying to put a racial spin on his victims.
Have they given any thought about the possibility of Dahmer being sexually attracted to these men. Aka his type.

All just MOO.

AS we are now uncovering through brain scans,and research we've come to understand that Psychopaths are a product of BOTH nature and nurture.

One prevailing theory (Scientifically backed) is that the genetic link comes from the mother, she passes, along an extra Y chromosome, that en-utero causes, a a condition where the fetal brain receives, too much serotonin, serotonin is usually linked, with calm, however the fetal brain builds a resistance to this hormone,this condition results in a frontal lobe insult that changes, how psychopaths perceive, and how they feel, it also tends to reduce their understanding of others, and their impulse control,and a propensity toward fearlessness, and risk taking behavior.

Though from birth a young psychopath is a potential danger, their upbringing has much more of a determinant factor in what they become . A child with such a condition raised, in a warm caring, environment with parents active in their lives, often grow up to become very successful in fields such a business, their lack of empathy allows, them to make decisions, such as terminations, easily, the very basis of psychopathy is a form of self gratification, therefore they often relish in that which gives, this individual a sense of power and meaning .

These individuals often have a hard time, fitting, in they may seek out isolation in which fantasy becomes their escape, they often adopt anti social characteristics, they ignore rules and boundaries, with any given success, In many cases they adopt narcissistic traits, which is found within the spectrum pf psychopathy.

However, if you take that same child and expose them to emotional cold, turmoil, violence, sexual situations at a young age, allow that individual to delve into their fantasies, primarily in a period of isolation, you have a VERY VERY dangerous situation .

Red flags should never be ignored, in the "happy" version of Lionel's case, he tried to bury what he was seeing right before his very eyes because in his words, he felt guilty about how Jeff was treated by both his parents , so he indulged his sons odd behavior, he made excuses for Jeff throughout his life and in the end 17 people (that we know of) lost their lives

However some who knew the family felt this was just an excuse, (detect a theme?) saying that Lionel Dahmer actually had little to do with his son outside of apparently teaching him to butcher roadkill, which some say wasn't to bond with his son, but to give him something to do as he was often off chasing women which were part of his mothers psychological episodes. Lionel was quick to make excuses for the boy so as to avoid any embarrassment, or legal issues.

Starting at age 12, Jeffrey was known to have a drinking problem, (risk taking behavior/Antisocial behavior) it persisted throughout his life, he would show up drunk to school, in some cases, he was caught drinking in class.

Hiding his homosexuality in a time, where that was shunned, Jeffrey drew in further

During a period just prior to graduation, Jeffrey was left in his home alone (isolation) which is when he committed his first murder

Getting away with that murder gave Jeffrey what he wanted, a sense of not only possession of another, but he knew he could get away with it (Gratification)

He had very few friends, beyond acquaintances (Isolation/Hard time fitting in), who almost only liked Jeff because he was reckless (risk taking behavior/Gratification seeking)

The hardest part as a parent is accepting something may be wrong with our own child, but never should a blind eye be turned, to glaring problems despite any potential embarrassment.

AS we are now uncovering through brain scans,and research we've come to understand that Psychopaths are a product of BOTH nature and nurture.

One prevailing theory (Scientifically backed) is that the genetic link comes from the mother, she passes, along an extra Y chromosome, that en-utero causes, a a condition where the fetal brain receives, too much serotonin, serotonin is usually linked, with calm, however the fetal brain builds a resistance to this hormone,this condition results in a frontal lobe insult that changes, how psychopaths perceive, and how they feel, it also tends to reduce their understanding of others, and their impulse control,and a propensity toward fearlessness, and risk taking behavior.

Though from birth a young psychopath is a potential danger, their upbringing has much more of a determinant factor in what they become . A child with such a condition raised, in a warm caring, environment with parents active in their lives, often grow up to become very successful in fields such a business, their lack of empathy allows, them to make decisions, such as terminations, easily, the very basis of psychopathy is a form of self gratification, therefore they often relish in that which gives, this individual a sense of power and meaning .

These individuals often have a hard time, fitting, in they may seek out isolation in which fantasy becomes their escape, they often adopt anti social characteristics, they ignore rules and boundaries, with any given success, In many cases they adopt narcissistic traits, which is found within the spectrum pf psychopathy.

However, if you take that same child and expose them to emotional cold, turmoil, violence, sexual situations at a young age, allow that individual to delve into their fantasies, primarily in a period of isolation, you have a VERY VERY dangerous situation .

Red flags should never be ignored, in the "happy" version of Lionel's case, he tried to bury what he was seeing right before his very eyes because in his words, he felt guilty about how Jeff was treated by both his parents , so he indulged his sons odd behavior, he made excuses for Jeff throughout his life and in the end 17 people (that we know of) lost their lives

However some who knew the family felt this was just an excuse, (detect a theme?) saying that Lionel Dahmer actually had little to do with his son outside of apparently teaching him to butcher roadkill, which some say wasn't to bond with his son, but to give him something to do as he was often off chasing women which were part of his mothers psychological episodes. Lionel was quick to make excuses for the boy so as to avoid any embarrassment, or legal issues.

Starting at age 12, Jeffrey was known to have a drinking problem, (risk taking behavior/Antisocial behavior) it persisted throughout his life, he would show up drunk to school, in some cases, he was caught drinking in class.

Hiding his homosexuality in a time, where that was shunned, Jeffrey drew in further

During a period just prior to graduation, Jeffrey was left in his home alone (isolation) which is when he committed his first murder

Getting away with that murder gave Jeffrey what he wanted, a sense of not only possession of another, but he knew he could get away with it (Gratification)

He had very few friends, beyond acquaintances (Isolation/Hard time fitting in), who almost only liked Jeff because he was reckless (risk taking behavior/Gratification seeking)

The hardest part as a parent is accepting something may be wrong with our own child, but never should a blind eye be turned, to glaring problems despite any potential embarrassment.
Excellent post. Thanks for sharing.

Welcome , and too ad one more wrinkle Sociopaths , are almost completely a product of their environment,IE they are made not born

Lionel was born on July 29, 1936, in West Allis. He earned a Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry from the University of Wisconsin in 1959, the same year he married Joyce Flint. The couple had son Jeffrey Lionel Dahmer on May 21, 1960.

Lionel earned a Master of Science degree from Marquette University in 1962 and a doctorate in chemistry from Iowa State in 1966. The family moved to Ohio and bought a home in 1968 in Bath Township. Lionel worked as a chemist for PPG Industries.

Shortly after, Lionel moved to a hotel after suing Joyce for divorce, alleging gross neglect. His estranged wife moved to Wisconsin with their younger son, leaving Jeffrey alone in the Bath home in the summer of 1978.

Father of Milwaukee serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer, Lionel, dies at 87

1701886546937.png

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member