GUILTY WI - Julie Jensen, 40, dies of antifreeze poisoning, Pleasant Prairie, 3 Dec 1998 *husband guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for the update, I was wondering when this was going to happen, wonder what took so long? I truly wish that he could just stop dragging poor Julie and his children through all of this. I guess a person of his mindset will never give up on himself.
JMO of course.

I too, watched this case from beginning to end and I feel "the letter from the Grave" will be the basis for the appeal....However, they can try but it won't fly! jmo...

I don't Know if the 18 yr old has read or seen the testimony of Kelly, but OMG....how could he have any respect for her. It was disgusting and I'm a grown woman with a better than average sex life (at least I think that)

PLEASE DO KEEP US ALL UPDATED!
Sooner Fan

I totally agree with you Sooner Fan. They may be able to get a new trial Re: the letter from the grave, but I still believe he would be convicted again.

I totally agree with you Sooner Fan. They may be able to get a new trial Re: the letter from the grave, but I still believe he would be convicted again.

I do too..... Look at what is happening to Drew....

That's is the only basis for a new trial...but I personally don't see that happening!

Don't be nervous at all. MJ is not going anywhere for a very very long time. Theres no way this little Village will ever forget this crime.

I hope he doesn't get off. I was never convinced that the judge was right to call the letter her dying declaration. This guy deserves to be in jail, this makes me nervous.

Well, just remember the neighborly inmate testified about how she wasn't dying fast enough so Mark helped her out by smothering her.....and the jury was polled and they ALL believed him, even if he was a creep....wonder how the "creep" is doing these days......:rolleyes::rolleyes: Not to mention the computer forensics....toooooo bad Mark's work pc crashed ...yeah right

I just finished re-watching this trial on Tru-TV.

I can't wait for the new trail to start!

Somewhere, I heard Kelley was filing for divorce.
I would love to know how the kids are doing. (maybe on this thread?)

Anyone have any updates? :blowkiss:

I just finished re-watching this trial on Tru-TV.

I can't wait for the new trail to start!
Somewhere, I heard Kelley was filing for divorce.
I would love to know how the kids are doing. (maybe on this thread?)

Anyone have any updates? :blowkiss:

was he awarded a new trial?

BTW, Mechele Lenehan, Alaskan ex-stripper case, just got her conviction overturned based on the letter from grave, the letter the victim sent his parents...so this could happen...hope not, but it could...

i am afraid that he might have a chance at a new trial...this heresay business is being questioned all over the place...it is coming in to play with Drew Peterson, it already won a new trial for Mechele Linehan in Alaska, and I am sure there are others...
There was a lot of heresay used in trial of Cal Harris for murder of missing wife Michelle, but he was convicted twice and the heresay was not in form of written letters from grace type-evidence and not a primary part of the case...but Mechele's case may encourage some other appeals...

I am totally confused on what constitues heresay and never understood how a defendant has a right to challenge accuser when accuser is dead...otherwise the law is almost encouraging murdering anyone you may have threatened, in a way...but maybe it would help if people who have been told by a friend about a possible threat report it? or does that put the person (eventual victim) in more danger, as LE is unlikley aboe to do anything about it anyway? I just get infuriated by these women who are killed by husbands or BF's who have promised to kill them and then do but nothing is done to prevent it...we all know that restrainiing orders are useless and also some of these women are still living in home with their husbands, for legal reason, so they are even less meaniningful...the entire situation is a mess...women seemingly cannot be protected in any way and have to die or be injured before anyone can be arrested...and then often those threats are inadmissable anyway...sorry, just ranting...waiting to hear that Mark Jensen has his conviction overturned one of these days and I think he is truly evil...if looks mean anything, he has the deadest eyes i have seen in a while...

I was of the opinion during the trial that he would have been convicted even without the "letter", but I am thinking that he may have to be granted a new trial. Hopefully it will be the same outcome. jmo

well i hope he would be convicted again but it might be tough without that letter...i do think it was a kind of dying declaration...she was scared, i only wish she had gotten out or told her brothers, who obviously loved her very much, that she was in danger and to help her. But i know she didn't dare leave her kids, due to custodial issues down the line, probably, a terrible choice to have to make. MJ is just the creepiest, coldest excuse for a man i have ever seen, watched the whole trial and read all i could on this case.
I do hope his 18-yr old will want to give his mother benefit of the adult as he gave his father and read the transcripts at some point...just because she is gone is not a good enough reason to cling to daddy once you are a grown man. I am sure it is necessary to do so during the years you are dependent, as a survival mechanism, but i really hope he will see what his father is and what his mother was...
And no new trial, please..........

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonfire
Back