WI - Kara Welsh, 21, Homicide, Shooting, Aug 30, 2024 (Arrest)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"To put into words the impact Kara had on the Warhawk community is impossible," UW-Whitewater gymnastics coach Jen Regan said Friday in a statement published on the athletic department's official website. "A powerful athlete, dedicated teammate, and the light in everyone's dark days, Kara truly lifted each and every one of us up in her time as a Warhawk gymnast. There are no words to describe the void we all feel in our hearts, but Kara's legacy will live on through Warhawk gymnastics forever."

Chad Richards was charged in court today.
"Richards, 23, made his initial appearance via video in Walworth County Court Friday. He was charged with first-degree intentional homicide and is facing additional charges of endangering safety by use of a dangerous weapon and disorderly conduct."
"Richards placed the 911 call and later told investigators the two were arguing when he said Welsh grabbed his gun from a nightstand. Richards said he wrestled the gun away and shot Welsh because" he "feared for his life," the complaint continued."
If this is true, her DNA and fingerprints would be on the gun, correct?
So the apartment she was shot in was his apartment. Was she moving in to his apartment, or was she moving in to her own apartment? Was she moving OUT of his apartment? What were they arguing about?

More from today's court appearance from this article: Suspect claims he shot UW gymnast girlfriend in self-defense
Richards later told police that he was Welsh’s boyfriend and that he and Welsh got into a fight that night. He told police he couldn’t remember what the fight was about.

In the complaint, Richards told police he punched a door out of frustration, leading Welsh to grab Richards’ gun from his nightstand. Richards told police he wrestled the gun away, and shot Welsh “because he feared for his life.”

Investigators later discovered eight gunshot wounds on Welsh’s body.

More from today's court appearance from this article: Suspect claims he shot UW gymnast girlfriend in self-defense

Hmmm.

Story A: A 200-pound wrestler shoots his gymnast girlfriend in self-defence. After he has assumed control of the gun.

Story B: 200-pound wrestler, armed with gun, shoots his gymnast girlfriend eight times in substance-assisted jealousy/ rage.

I suspect that some version of Story B is what the forensic story will reveal.

Adding this link here & hoping that everyone can view it. It's not often we get to see in small glance into what a victim was like & see footage of them in their happier times. RIP Kara ♥️

color me unimpressed with Richards' account of events. Punching walls during a fight is threatening and intimidation. 8 shots is overkill for self defense. So is continuing to shoot someone when they are curled up in the fetal position.

I don't believe one word that man says.

An attorney listed as representing Richards did not immediately respond to HuffPost’s request for comment. Richards is scheduled for a preliminary hearing on Oct. 28.

This is heartbreaking and it's hard when someone is no longer here to speak their side of the story. I believe forensics will help with that though. Science doesn't lie when it comes to evidence. Praying for some closure for this family.
However I will say 8 gunshot wounds?! If he was fearful for his life and he wrestled the gun away the threat is no longer there. Why shoot 8 times? Why not just leave the apartment or call 911 then if you still feel threatened? So many questions with this one. (Just my opinion)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhokilledBettie?
Back