Found Deceased WI - Kathleen Ryan, adult, teacher, car found burned with body inside, St. Francis, 2 Feb 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Top me the whole issue is the fire. Middle of winter. How does a fire start in an area like that? Aren't there forensic experts that can determine how a fire starts?
I bet LE knows that information but hasn't released it. It is hard for me to understand how a car and person can be so thoroughly incinerated without an accelerant, but that information has never been released.

I agree with both comments above. I have a lot of questions as far as how the fire started, if there was an accelerant I think LE would have had to release that information. What if no accelerant was used, then what is the speculation? Someone else must have been involved to create a fire like that. So many unanswered questions.

I bet LE knows that information but hasn't released it. It is hard for me to understand how a car and person can be so thoroughly incinerated without an accelerant, but that information has never been released.

This. I agree. The fact that the ME said her remains were "cremated" and mostly ashes leads me to believe that an accelerant was involved. Also that LE has released very little in this case to that regard gives me hope that they are working towards solving it. Unfortunately there is so much we don't know.

I really hope definitive answers can be found, for Kathleen and her loved ones.

I know I've been vocal in this thread about my belief foul play was involved in this case but to be perfectly transparent most auto interiors are stuffed with plastics and other polyethylenes and unlike the aeronautics industry there are no regulations requiring them to be flame retardant. Add ten or more gallons of gasoline in a mostly full tank and a burning car (given enough time) is a positive inferno.

I'm not fully read up on this case, but I saw some of the footage from the Paradise fire where people had been caught in their cars. There was not a lot left.
I don't imagine the fire department extinguished the car fires in a wild fire and the cars burnt until there was no more combustibles, including a human body, to burn and afterwards is when bodies were found.

In Kathleen's case the fire department arrived while the car was still burning. How long the car was burning prior to the fire department being notified is not known.

Who would investigate the fire? That's my main question. How long was the car burning for? Aren't there forensics for this? I believe it wasn't investigated thoroughly from the beginning, therefore no conclusions have been made. Such a difficult case to get a handle on.

Who would investigate the fire? That's my main question. How long was the car burning for? Aren't there forensics for this? I believe it wasn't investigated thoroughly from the beginning, therefore no conclusions have been made. Such a difficult case to get a handle on.
From the link below (updated on February 7, 2019):
"[SBM]

The investigation into this incident remains ongoing by the Lake County Sheriff’s Office, Lake County Coroner’s Office, and Office of the State Fire Marshal.

[SBM]

Sheriff John Idleburg said, 'Our detectives continue working with the Lake County Coroner’s Office, Milwaukee Police Department, and Office of the State Fire Marshal to determine what happened. We know Kathleen was very loved by her family and those who knew her, and we are working diligently to find answers for them.

[SBM]" (BBM)
https://www.lakecountyil.gov/522/Press-Releases

While looking for information about a different case on the Wisconsin Circuit Court Access website earlier today, Kathleen popped into my head. So I decided to do a search on her and came across some information that I had never seen before.

To make sure this was who I thought it was, I read her obituary again (it was). I also saw that she had moved to Milwaukee only in 2015 and lived in Minnesota previously, so I decided to do the same on the Minnesota Public Access website, and came across even more information.

I am not going to discuss in detail what I've found because to me, it is heartbreaking and so tragic. And, clearly, Kathleen was much, much more than that. I am only mentioning it because it has really given me a new perspective on what might have happened to her.

Wisconsin Circuit Court Access: Wisconsin Circuit Court Access

Kathleen Ann Ryan obituary: View Kathleen Ryan's Obituary on fdlreporter.com and share memories

Minnesota Public Access: Minnesota Judicial Branch - AccessCaseRecords

Rest in peace. What an amazing, strong woman she was.

While looking for information about a different case on the Wisconsin Circuit Court Access website earlier today, Kathleen popped into my head. So I decided to do a search on her and came across some information that I had never seen before.

To make sure this was who I thought it was, I read her obituary again (it was). I also saw that she had moved to Milwaukee only in 2015 and lived in Minnesota previously, so I decided to do the same on the Minnesota Public Access website, and came across even more information.

I am not going to discuss in detail what I've found because to me, it is heartbreaking and so tragic. And, clearly, Kathleen was much, much more than that. I am only mentioning it because it has really given me a new perspective on what might have happened to her.

Kathleen Ann Ryan obituary: View Kathleen Ryan's Obituary on fdlreporter.com and share memories

100% agree. The messages under the obit are heartbreaking. She was so loved by her family, her community, her students. Truly a light snuffed out - intentionally. JMO

I'm trying to follow your train of thought here, but having trouble. Are you implying that perhaps KR encountered an "irrational" person, made a seemingly benign comment to this person--a comment that they somehow interpreted as unfairly discriminatory--and was then (maybe) carjacked and (definitely) murdered by said irrational person (who was evidently "rational" enough to not leave even one tiny speck of evidence suggesting their presence at the crime scene)? If you think this was truly a random crime/crime of opportunity by an "irrational" person against a random individual like KR, then why would law enforcement not caution area residents/motorists to avoid engaging with possibly "irrational" strangers, lest they meet a similar end?
Nobody knows what happened and that includes law enforcement. Is that proof a crime did not take place? Absolutely not. It is bizarre to believe LE has all the answers, all the time. It is common sense not to engage with "irrational" strangers at any time. To pretend that "irrational strangers" do not exist is what I find very bizarre.

JMO

Maybe she was freebasing coke. That's much more likely to start a fire.

Note: I don't really think for one second she might have been freebasing coke, just demonstrating a slippery slope fallacy.

I think it's much more likely she was murdered than that she accidentally dropped a cigarette and started an inescapable car fire though. As far as suicide, it would be elaborate and nothing we see about her life seems dark unlike that lady that vanished off that island recently and there are people doggedly pursuing drug smuggler conspiracies on that one.

I just tend towards believing what seems most likely given the current information and in this case, the circumstances are very suspicious and all we've got a year later from law enforcement is "we don't have any leads" phrased in a way that is basically victim blaming. This is the kind of case that's just going to peter out because the family isn't going to pursue it. The kind of case that really bothers me.

Hopefully some **** will brag about it in prison some day with too many details to the wrong guy.
Yeah, there is so much evidence Kathleen was freebasing coke. Is there even a shred of evidence she would do such a thing? I think not. ITA, it is far more likely she was murdered but I do hope her family continues to seek the truth and doesn't give up. One of the biggest problems with this case is that it spanned state lines and nobody seemed to really care because of that.

JMO

That is great work. It gives me some clarity since this case was eating at me.

Rest in Peace, Kathleen.

Good job. Sad, true. Troubled, yes. Suicide, no?

I see. Victim has a fairly recent history of DWI with exceptional enough circumstances to merit incarceration then went on after release to be arrested for additional DWI under suspension.

http://pa.courts.state.mn.us/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=1615916378

This tips me toward an accident, maybe eerily similar to what @whereareyou suggested

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Psycho
Back