Found Deceased WI - Kathleen Ryan, adult, teacher, car found burned with body inside, St. Francis, 2 Feb 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
People whose main take on the possibilityof suicide is that they can't imagine doing that themselves seem to be missing the important point that most aberrant behaviors are difficult to understand by the many people leading standard, ordinary lives.

It’s all speculation, folks. Some will believe suicide while others cannot fathom it. I fall in the latter category. My opinion might change with more information or we will find that Kathleen was the victim of a crime. We just have too many blanks to fill.

I will venture to say, I would have to be off-the-scale depressed and DOG drunk to set myself on fire. I always thought that when people set themselves on fire it was very out in the open so every one would know they were making some sort of statement.

Looking at their family pictures one would think a picture perfect family. But, then there's the Watts family. So, it's not good to judge happiness by FB photos.

It just seems that if someone set themselves on fire, there should be some clues somewhere to establish it as a fact (especially in this day and time).

The odds of someone else doing this and leaving 0 clues at all is much much much less than her doing it to herself (thus no clues of other person)
That was the purpose of setting the car on fire- zero clues

They'll never find the suspect. End of story, for me that is.

I believe there is one or more. I do not believe suicide by any means at all.
Do you believe the police do have a suspect, and are actively seeking that person (or persons) in order to question or arrest them?

Do you believe the police do have a suspect, and are actively seeking that person (or persons) in order to question or arrest them?
No, that's why I said they will never find the suspect. He/they got away with it. I don't see/hear ANYTHING happening. Sadly for the family I think its a lost case.

I think that I would be shocked and be in complete disbelief of someone committing suicide by self-immolation was someone I knew. Anyone I knew. Which, I think would be why getting "to know" Kathleen Ryan, even a tiny bit, via her WS thead, makes it harder for us to believe. The fact is people do choose this method of suicide. We cannot possibly know their thought process. So, I cannot say that I could really understand this, either.
The fact that the family is not out there screaming for justice in the "murder" of Kathleen Ryan must say something. To me it says that they have either been satisfied with the outcome of the investigation or it is not important to them. And, by all accounts, it appears as though her family adored her. So, I don't believe the latter.
Without the knowledge of more facts I could really go either way right now.

Here's very possibly another recent car fire suicide:

COPAKE NY - The man who was found dead, along with a dog, in a car fire last week has been identified as 32-year-old Rudy Martinez, the Columbia County Sheriff's office said on Tuesday.

Firefighters were called to a driveway at Martinez's home, 543 North Mountain Road in Copake, around 12:05 a.m. on June 14 for a car fire.

Once they extinguished the blaze they found the bodies of Martinez in the front passenger seat and a dog.

An autopsy, performed by Dr. Jeffrey Hubbard at Ellis Hospital, determined the cause of death to be "inhalation of fire gases," the sheriff's office said.

The cause of the fire does not appear suspicious at this time, the sheriff's office said.

"However, due to extensive fire damage to the vehicle, an exact cause cannot be determined at this time," the sheriff's office said.

Investigators are awaiting lab and toxicology reports.

Victim in Copake car fire identified
Note that the fire "does not appear suspicious," though an exact cause of death is difficult to ascertain (but is most probably due to "inhalation of fire gases"), that the human victim (also the dog) was found in the front passenger seat, and that there is nowhere the suggestion that someone other than the victim set the fire (though an accidental cause is not ruled out). I doubt that a ruling in the Ryan matter would look much different.

Note that the fire "does not appear suspicious," though an exact cause of death is difficult to ascertain (but is most probably due to "inhalation of fire gases"), that the human victim (also the dog) was found in the front passenger seat, and that there is nowhere the suggestion that someone other than the victim set the fire (though an accidental cause is not ruled out). I doubt that a ruling in the Ryan matter would look much different.
SBM

Unless the article was updated I didn't see where it said the exact cause of death is difficult to ascertain.

Do you have the cause of death and cause of the fire mixed up. The cause of death was determined during the autopsy to be "inhalation of fire gases," but the cause of the fire, which doesn't appear to be suspicious, is still unable to be determined.

Another case where the victim was found in the passenger seat. This guy must have gotten in the car while it was parked in his driveway and got into the passenger side.

I wonder if he had any family. Strange that he also killed his dog. Maybe he didn't want to leave the dog behind uncertain who would be taking care of it.

JMO

June 19, 2019 06:02 pm
“COPAKE — Not much is known about the night Rudy Martinez died in a car fire at his home on North Mountain Road.

[SBM]

An autopsy performed by Dr. Jeffrey Hubbard at Ellis Hospital in Schenectady found that Martinez’s death was caused by an inhalation of fire gases. But little is known about how the fire started or why Martinez and his dog were unable to escape the blaze.

The damage and devastation from the fire was so great that not much evidence could be gleaned from the charred remains, Senior Investigator Kevin Skype said Wednesday.

Martinez lived with a roommate at the 543 North Mountain Road address where the car was found parked in the driveway. Martinez was a farmhand who had lived in the area for about a year.

It would be reasonable to assume the car was on that the time of the fire, Skype said. But, beyond that, police don’t know what exactly Martinez was doing in the vehicle at the time the fire started.

‘It’s a tragedy,’ Skype said.

[SBM]”
Police ID man killed in car fire | Hudson Valley 360

Here's very possibly another recent car fire suicide:

COPAKE NY - The man who was found dead, along with a dog, in a car fire last week has been identified as 32-year-old Rudy Martinez, the Columbia County Sheriff's office said on Tuesday.

Firefighters were called to a driveway at Martinez's home, 543 North Mountain Road in Copake, around 12:05 a.m. on June 14 for a car fire.

Once they extinguished the blaze they found the bodies of Martinez in the front passenger seat and a dog.

An autopsy, performed by Dr. Jeffrey Hubbard at Ellis Hospital, determined the cause of death to be "inhalation of fire gases," the sheriff's office said.

The cause of the fire does not appear suspicious at this time, the sheriff's office said.

"However, due to extensive fire damage to the vehicle, an exact cause cannot be determined at this time," the sheriff's office said.

Investigators are awaiting lab and toxicology reports.

Victim in Copake car fire identified

I'm not saying that it was or wasn't suicide, but just because other people have committed suicide via self immolation doesn't immediately mean KR did as well. Also, the article quoted references a male dying in a car fire, and I believe that men and women generally will differ as far as methods of suicide go. Just my opinion, that's all.

I'm not saying that it was or wasn't suicide, but just because other people have committed suicide via self immolation doesn't immediately mean KR did as well. Also, the article quoted references a male dying in a car fire, and I believe that men and women generally will differ as far as methods of suicide go. Just my opinion, that's all.
"There is nothing that has brought us to any conclusion that somebody did this to Kathleen," said Lake County Sheriff's Office spokesperson Sgt. Christopher Covelli. "We don't have any evidence somebody caused this to happen to Kathleen." But their investigation is far from over. Sons ask for answers in Milwaukee mother's mysterious death
The article was published 57 days ago. Nothing known to have changed minds, altered investigation, since.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaravpatel
Back