Found Deceased WI - Kurt Meyer, 47, Cottage Grove, Dane County, 10 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
Kurt-Meyer.jpg

Cottage Grove (WKOW) – A Cottage Grove man is missing after leaving his apartment to grab a bite to eat.

Kurt Meyer, 47, Cottage Grove, was last seen Thursday.

He did not take his coat or his medication which he takes every day to prevent blood clots, according to a Facebook post by his mother.

The post went on to say Meyer was expected to pick up his paycheck Friday but did not.

Meyer was last seen wearing a t-shirt, flannel, blue jeans, and blue Brooks running shoes. His car is a blue Honda CRV with a spare tire on the back.

Meyer is described by family as being five feet seven inches tall and 185 pounds. He has blue eyes, a bald head, multiple tattoos on his arms and back, a mustache and beard.

Cottage Grove police have listed Meyer as a “missing adult.”

“We are trying to find him,” said Cottage Grove Police Chief Daniel Layber. “We are concerned about his welfare, and we would like to locate him and make sure he is OK.”

“We have followed up various leads with no success so far,” said Layber.

Cottage Grove, WI Police

Cottage Grove man missing since Thursday

This doesn't sound good. He went out to quickly grab something to eat. What could have happened to him?

Kurt-Meyer.jpg

Cottage Grove (WKOW) – A Cottage Grove man is missing after leaving his apartment to grab a bite to eat.

Kurt Meyer, 47, Cottage Grove, was last seen Thursday.

He did not take his coat or his medication which he takes every day to prevent blood clots, according to a Facebook post by his mother.

The post went on to say Meyer was expected to pick up his paycheck Friday but did not.

Meyer was last seen wearing a t-shirt, flannel, blue jeans, and blue Brooks running shoes. His car is a blue Honda CRV with a spare tire on the back.

Meyer is described by family as being five feet seven inches tall and 185 pounds. He has blue eyes, a bald head, multiple tattoos on his arms and back, a mustache and beard.

Cottage Grove police have listed Meyer as a “missing adult.”

He didn't pick

“We are trying to find him,” said Cottage Grove Police Chief Daniel Layber. “We are concerned about his welfare, and we would like to locate him and make sure he is OK.”

“We have followed up various leads with no success so far,” said Layber.

Cottage Grove, WI Police

Cottage Grove man missing since Thursday

This doesn't sound good. He went out to quickly grab something to eat. What could have happened to him?
He didn't pick up his paycheck? That doesn't sound good either.

Was he maybe going to meet someone ? A lot of people that live where winter can be harsh have spare jacket glove and hat in their vehicle. Blankets flashlight water as well. We had a lil bitty car years agout I took a bag if kitty litter and a military folding shovel for slide off. Hope he is found soon !!!!

The Dane County Medical Examiner's Office has released the name of a man found dead in a Marshall cornfield Thursday.

Authorities confirm the body of Kurt Meyer, 47, was found in the field around 10 a.m. The field backs up to the Evergreen Village mobile home park.
Medical examiner identifies man found dead in Marshall cornfield
From this article:
Autopsy results did not show any evidence of "external inflicted life-threatening trauma" to Meyer, according to the release. The cause and manner of death in the case is pending.

But the man who found him said:
"His face was full of blood. He was not in a natural state. It looked like he was thrown there," LaBelle said.

From this article:
Autopsy results did not show any evidence of "external inflicted life-threatening trauma" to Meyer, according to the release. The cause and manner of death in the case is pending.

But the man who found him said:
"His face was full of blood. He was not in a natural state. It looked like he was thrown there," LaBelle said.
The face full of blood yet no external injuries? It’s much more common in the lower extremities of the body but depending on how he went down on the ground at the time of death the coloring in his face that looks like blood could be livor mortis. Livor Mortis is the purple-red coloration that appears on dependent portions of the body other than areas exposed to pressure after the heart ceases to beat. It results from the settling of the blood under the force of gravity. After six to ten hours, the blood becomes “fixed” so that even if you move the body, the blood will no longer obey gravity and the coloring remains consistent. "Fixed lividity" can be contrasted with a "mixed" pattern of lividity, which occurs when a body has been placed in different positions in the 6-8 (or 10 or 12) hours after death. Mixed lividity has been the downfall of more than one murderer who said they found a body "as is" when in fact" they moved it after death.

So, do y’all think this is accidental, suicide, or foul play?

It’s really hard to tell with such limited information. Would he have needed to cut through that field to go “get a bite to eat”, as I read he said when he left? If so, a possible health event could have happened. Did it look like he’d been dragged or dumped there, because that would indicate, IMO, foul play. We just don’t know. The comments from the guy about his face being bloodied causes my hackles to raise a bit. We need more info. I got no impression at all that it would be suicide. He didn’t seem to be depressed or upset. All in all, this is JMO.

I just read this article and would like to hear everyone's opinion on what their impression is concerning this statement: (especially the last line!) Thanks!!

"Authorities conducted an investigation in the cornfield where the body was located that backs up to the Evergreen Village Mobile Home Park in Marshall.

Marshall police said around 9 a.m. Thursday, police responded to reports of a suspicious vehicle inside Evergreen Village. An hour later, the body was found.
They believe the two incidents are connected."

'I still haven't gotten any sleep,' Man describes discovering body in Marshall

I just read this article and would like to hear everyone's opinion on what their impression is concerning this statement: (especially the last line!) Thanks!!

"Authorities conducted an investigation in the cornfield where the body was located that backs up to the Evergreen Village Mobile Home Park in Marshall.

Marshall police said around 9 a.m. Thursday, police responded to reports of a suspicious vehicle inside Evergreen Village. An hour later, the body was found.
They believe the two incidents are connected."

'I still haven't gotten any sleep,' Man describes discovering body in Marshall

Wow. I think the likelihood of the 2 being connected is very high. I had/have a suspicion that it was foul play. I really don’t have any inkling as to who or why. I hope they got a really good description of that vehicle. It’d be even better if it was caught on camera somewhere and you could see the license plate. This man seemed like a nice guy. I hate that he’s deceased. jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo8877
Back