Found Deceased WI - Kurt Meyer, 47, Cottage Grove, Dane County, 10 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow. I think the likelihood of the 2 being connected is very high. I had/have a suspicion that it was foul play. I really don’t have any inkling as to who or why. I hope they got a really good description of that vehicle. It’d be even better if it was caught on camera somewhere and you could see the license plate. This man seemed like a nice guy. I hate that he’s deceased. jmo

Dear StarEyes,

I feel the same way. This is deeply saddening.

As for the vehicle, there must be some type of description because one of the sentences in the article is:
"police responded to reports of a suspicious vehicle inside Evergreen Village"

Two statements grabbed my attention from the article:

1. The police believe the 2 incidents are connected.
Question: what makes them "believe" this?
2. Reports of a "suspicious" vehicle
My question: what deemed this vehicle suspicious? (This also gave me hope that the vehicle may soon be identified by the police - what were the descriptions in those reports?)

'I still haven't gotten any sleep,' Man describes discovering body in Marshall

I just read this article and would like to hear everyone's opinion on what their impression is concerning this statement: (especially the last line!) Thanks!!

"Authorities conducted an investigation in the cornfield where the body was located that backs up to the Evergreen Village Mobile Home Park in Marshall.

Marshall police said around 9 a.m. Thursday, police responded to reports of a suspicious vehicle inside Evergreen Village. An hour later, the body was found.
They believe the two incidents are connected."

'I still haven't gotten any sleep,' Man describes discovering body in Marshall
I really didn’t have a strong feeling either way before, but after reading that article, it sounds like foul play.

Cottage Grove man identified in Marshall death investigation

"Before finding the body, Marshall police said officers had been called to the Evergreen Village mobile home park at 100 Evergreen Boulevard at about 9:10 a.m. to assist the state Department of Correction’s Probation and Parole Office with a suspicious vehicle complaint".

“Both incidents appear to be linked,” police said."

One thing that I've learned from being on WS is that the media will "throw" anything at us to make our minds believe one thing or another. With that being said....Mr. Meyer did have a medical condition and could have succumbed to because of it but then reading what the man who found him said "not being in a natural state", what does that really mean? And what is external inflicted life-threatening trauma, did he shoot or stab himself? Either way a family is mourning this man.

Body found in Marshall identified as Cottage Grove man

From the article- “A forensic autopsy was completed Friday. The autopsy did not disclose any evidence of external inflicted life threatening trauma to Meyer, the office reported. Additional studies are underway. The cause and manner of death in this case is pending.”

Affidavit: Cottage Grove man didn’t die of natural causes. Homicide investigation underway

Court records in Dane County show that investigators believe a Cottage Grove man whose body was found in a field in January didn’t die of natural causes. A search warrant shows investigators believe it could be a case of 1st Degree Intentional Homicide.

Court records show that when his body was found, his pants were covered in dirt, one of his shoes and socks had been removed, and his pants were unzipped. There was damage to his foot and nose which appeared to be caused by an animal. About $100 in cash was found on or near Meyer’s body.

I wasn't expecting this, I would really like to know why they thought he had self inflicted wounds?

Death of Cottage Grove man found in cornfield ruled accidental, police say
The death of a Cottage Grove man found in a cornfield in January is now considered accidental, according to Marshall Police Chief John Nault.

A report from the Dane County Medical Examiner's Office said the accidental death was caused by long exposure to the weather and intoxication.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back